STAY WHITE SECRET tear stain remover (wash) - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2007, 10:59 AM   #1 (permalink)

I was just wondering if anyone out there has used this Stay White Secret Tear Stain Remover? The label says that it's specially formulated for Maltese Dogs. I want something that is gentle and safe for little Koda (being only 13 1/2 weeks old.)
Any comments would be welcome!
Thanks!
malteselove is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2007, 01:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Stacy
Dog's Name: Lucy, Lois, Cookie and Steve
Send a message via Yahoo to bellaratamaltese

Quote:
I was just wondering if anyone out there has used this Stay White Secret Tear Stain Remover? The label says that it's specially formulated for Maltese Dogs. I want something that is gentle and safe for little Koda (being only 13 1/2 weeks old.)
Thanks![/B]
Do they sell it at Petsmart? I admit to having become a product snob -- if it's sold at Petsmart or Petco, I don't want it! I know someone on here had a bad story about the 8 in 1 tear stain remover (bought at Petsmart) and how it burned their little baby, so be careful! I know I have several bottles of eye stain remover that I bought at Petsmart when I got my first girl as a puppy and I should jsut throw them away because i will never use them, LOL!

bellaratamaltese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 02:17 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks![/B]
Do they sell it at Petsmart? I admit to having become a product snob -- if it's sold at Petsmart or Petco, I don't want it! I know someone on here had a bad story about the 8 in 1 tear stain remover (bought at Petsmart) and how it burned their little baby, so be careful! I know I have several bottles of eye stain remover that I bought at Petsmart when I got my first girl as a puppy and I should jsut throw them away because i will never use them, LOL!
[/B]

No, I didn't get it locally. I can only find it on malteseonly.com's store. The reviews on this sight were great. However, I wouldn't expect anything less than to hear only positives posted.
I guess I'd just like to know if ANYONE out there has even heard of or have used this. If not, what facial wash would anyone suggest?

Thanks
malteselove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 02:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks![/B]
[/B]

No, I didn't get it locally. I can only find it on malteseonly.com's store. The reviews on this sight were great. However, I wouldn't expect anything less than to hear only positives posted.
I guess I'd just like to know if ANYONE out there has even heard of or have used this. If not, what facial wash would anyone suggest?

Thanks
[/B]
I posted this for you in another thread, but here it is again Facial Scrub
Krystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 02:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Sue
Dog's Name: Boo & Hannah

I used it on Hannah. She had very bad staining when I adopted her a few mths ago(5 yrs old). I used the Stay White Secret along with an oral prescription antibiotic. I actually think it's a pretty good product, lots better than any of the other topical tearstain removers I had used in the past. You do have to use it twice a day for the best results & at nearly $20 a bottle, it can be expensive.It did a good job in fading Hannahs tearstaining while the antibiotic kicked in to stop the restaining. Antibiotics should only be used after teething is over or about 9 to 12 mths of age. I've yet to find a tearstain remover that totally removes the staining, but this product did do a good job fading the stains so they weren't nearly as noticable & as her hair grew out, I trimmed them away completely.As for it being safe & gentle, Hannah didn't have any problems with it at all & it wasn't smelly.Hope this info is helpful to you.
momtoboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 12:02 AM   #6 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Yes,

I have used this product and I do like it.
Old 08-26-2007, 01:36 AM   #7 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Kim
Dog's Name: Piper, Lola, Gracie and Hope (Jacob's Promise of Hopes and Dreams)

I bought the tear stain remover and the shampoos/conditioner. I figured since it was supposedly designed by Maltese breeders that it would be good. I tried the whitening shampoo and conditioner once and the tear stain remover for 1 week. I only used it once a day and it dried the facial hair where I applied it out so bad that it broke off fairly short. I was afraid to use the shampoo and conditioner again.
Old 10-20-2008, 01:14 PM   #8 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to bjredmond

QUOTE (malteselove @ Aug 19 2007, 09:59 AM)
Quote:
Thanks![/B]
bjredmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 01:16 PM   #9 (permalink)

shay-la has been using stay white secret since she was 9 weeks old. we have very little staining problem. i also watch her food that she doesnt get anything containing dyes. the combination works great...no red streaks! bjredmond
Old 10-20-2008, 01:18 PM   #10 (permalink)

QUOTE (Deborah @ Aug 25 2007, 11:02 PM)
Quote:
Yes,

I have used this product and I do like it.[/B]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement