MOM - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2008, 03:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

What % of peroxide do u use for this formula?

cloey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2008, 03:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Marj
Dog's Name: Bailey and Lady at the Bridge

The recipe is on the Bhe Jei website:

http://www.bhejei.com/tearsta.htm
Ladysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 04:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Crystal
Dog's Name: Zoe, Jett & Callie (Cher-Chien's California Dreamin)

I just tried this method for the first time with my boy Jett the other night. I have to say, I'm VERY impressed with this method!! I had to do it a few times, but it really worked well!! I was afraid of the mess it may make in my house, not to mention my bed since Zoe & Jett sleep with me. And I have not found it to be messy at all. I have to say this is now my preferred method for dealing with tear stains!!

I should have done it sooner. Brit (CuteCosyNToy) had told me about this method a long time ago, and I'm just now getting around to trying it. I have to say, any advice Brit has given me has been the absolute best!! So Brit...if you're out there...I'd like to say

Jett says, "Ya, fanks awot Brit! Now I haf to have my face washed at night AND in da morning when mommy says it's time for my 'beauty tweatment'. I don't fink I need any beauty tweatment. I'm a boy darn it! Oh Brit, can I meet Cosy?? I finks she's soooooo pwetty. I'll even do more beauty tweatments if I haf to!"
Crystal&Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 04:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

QUOTE (Crystal&Zoe @ Jul 12 2008, 03:02 PM)
Quote:
I just tried this method for the first time with my boy Jett the other night. I have to say, I'm VERY impressed with this method!! I had to do it a few times, but it really worked well!! I was afraid of the mess it may make in my house, not to mention my bed since Zoe & Jett sleep with me. And I have not found it to be messy at all. I have to say this is now my preferred method for dealing with tear stains!!

I should have done it sooner. Brit (CuteCosyNToy) had told me about this method a long time ago, and I'm just now getting around to trying it. I have to say, any advice Brit has given me has been the absolute best!! So Brit...if you're out there...I'd like to say

Jett says, "Ya, fanks awot Brit! Now I haf to have my face washed at night AND in da morning when mommy says it's time for my 'beauty tweatment'. I don't fink I need any beauty tweatment. I'm a boy darn it! Oh Brit, can I meet Cosy?? I finks she's soooooo pwetty. I'll even do more beauty tweatments if I haf to!" [/B]
I thought I would do this tonight and tomorrow, and then Monday he off to the groomers to get cut and cleaned up. I am going to use 30%, couldn't imagine using 40% overnight. I use to be a hairdresser and know the damage 40% can do on human hair in an hour, so overnight is out of the question.

Old 07-12-2008, 04:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Crystal
Dog's Name: Zoe, Jett & Callie (Cher-Chien's California Dreamin)

QUOTE (cloey70 @ Jul 12 2008, 04:09 PM)
Quote:
QUOTE (Crystal&Zoe @ Jul 12 2008, 03:02 PM)
Quote:

Jett says, "Ya, fanks awot Brit! Now I haf to have my face washed at night AND in da morning when mommy says it's time for my 'beauty tweatment'. I don't fink I need any beauty tweatment. I'm a boy darn it! Oh Brit, can I meet Cosy?? I finks she's soooooo pwetty. I'll even do more beauty tweatments if I haf to!" [/B]
I thought I would do this tonight and tomorrow, and then Monday he off to the groomers to get cut and cleaned up. I am going to use 30%, couldn't imagine using 40% overnight. I use to be a hairdresser and know the damage 40% can do on human hair in an hour, so overnight is out of the question.
[/B][/QUOTE]

I couldn't bring myself to use the 40% either. I just used the medicinal formula you get in the pharmacy. It took a few days for me that way.
Crystal&Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 05:18 PM   #6 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Brit
Dog's Name: Cosy from Bonnie's Angel Maltese
Send a message via AIM to Cosy

No, don't go with the 40. Be sure to condition after using too. This is an old recipe from many years ago and it does work but is drying. It's usually equal parts of all 3 ingredients. It doesn't usually make much mess. To remove darker stains it may take applying each night for two or three nights. Rinse and condition each morning.

Please buy from reputable
exhibitor breeders or Rescue.
Cosy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 08:15 PM   #7 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Dog's Name: Kallie, Brandy, Buffy & Toby
Send a message via Yahoo to Morkie4

I've used the MOM treatment on my malts with great success but I have added an equal amount of conditioner into the MOM mixture which helps reduce the damage the peroxide can cause; and then I condition after the rinse out in the morning! CONDITION CONDITION CONDITON is a key to using the MOM and also not doing it too often. I haven't had to do Kallie in over a year and Brandy I only used it twice in 9 months. But it does work! You can see in my siggy that little Miss Buffy, my latest rescue is going to need a few treatments.

Brandy, Kallie, Toby & Wee Buffy
Morkie4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 10:39 PM   #8 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Just checking, how thick is this suppose to be. I was doing equal parts with a tablespoon of each, and it seems and bit thin. Do I need to add cornstarch or is it correct the way it is.

Old 07-13-2008, 01:40 PM   #9 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Wow, this worked great, and the stains are almost completely gone. Thumbs up for me .

Old 12-19-2012, 11:29 PM   #10 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Marisol
Dog's Name: Kelly, Kimmy & Khloe

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloey70 View Post
Wow, this worked great, and the stains are almost completely gone. Thumbs up for me .

Hi, I know this was posted a while ago but... I was wondering if you used medicinal or human hair peroxide?

Fluffdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement