Ozzie has Goopy eyes lately.. - Page 2 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2012, 09:30 PM   #11 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Aastha
Dog's Name: Gustave & Mieka

Wait, this isn't normal? Gustave always has eye booger things every morning and I just wipe them off.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
eiksaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2012, 09:56 PM   #12 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Name: Maggie
Dog's Name: Sweetness and Tessa

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorkieYorkie View Post
How long does it take for them to groom your girls? My mom took Tiger there years ago, like probably 10 years ago! She stopped taking him there because on more than one occasion I guess he was there for a very long time, like more than the standard 2-4 hours.

But then again, she told me that one time at Dog Patch a girl (probably new!) either didn't shampoo Tiger or didn't rinse it out... either way he had to be re-washed! That being said, I may be switching groomers... actually, I think I will email the owner. I emailed/sent her a comment from the website mentioning Tiger and she replied very sweetly that she remembered him and gave us a $5 off coupon
We use Groomingdales like doggy day care with a spa day combined. I drop them off in the morning and they run around playing with other dogs until I pick them up sometime in the afternoon. It takes some of the stress away from going to the groomers because they absolutely love it there, even if they do get a bath while they are there. Sarah loves them immensely and as long as the pups are well behaved they get to play as if they were at day care.

I have no concerns about our groomer because one time Tessa and i were working NMRs booth at the Pet Expo and Sarah (owner) walked up. I didn't see her right away but Tessa got very excited and very happy. Her tail started wagging like crazy and she just jumped into Sarah's arms. Tessa saves that kind of greeting for very few people so I know they take good care of them.
Old 11-10-2012, 11:11 PM   #13 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Lisa
Dog's Name: London (12/20/07) & Preston (03/25/09)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiksaa View Post
Wait, this isn't normal? Gustave always has eye booger things every morning and I just wipe them off.

Some eye goop can be normal, as long as it isn't green tinged. London doesn't get eye boogers hardly ever, but Preston gets a lot. Just like with humans, the eye goop is formed as your eyes flush out dust, dirt, etc.
Old 11-11-2012, 01:31 AM   #14 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Aastha
Dog's Name: Gustave & Mieka

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSquishy View Post
Some eye goop can be normal, as long as it isn't green tinged. London doesn't get eye boogers hardly ever, but Preston gets a lot. Just like with humans, the eye goop is formed as your eyes flush out dust, dirt, etc.
Great. Thanks for the info!

eiksaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:15 PM   #15 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Courtney
Dog's Name: Ozzie (& Lisa @ the bridge)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggieh View Post
We use Groomingdales like doggy day care with a spa day combined. I drop them off in the morning and they run around playing with other dogs until I pick them up sometime in the afternoon. It takes some of the stress away from going to the groomers because they absolutely love it there, even if they do get a bath while they are there. Sarah loves them immensely and as long as the pups are well behaved they get to play as if they were at day care.

I have no concerns about our groomer because one time Tessa and i were working NMRs booth at the Pet Expo and Sarah (owner) walked up. I didn't see her right away but Tessa got very excited and very happy. Her tail started wagging like crazy and she just jumped into Sarah's arms. Tessa saves that kind of greeting for very few people so I know they take good care of them.
Oooh what a good idea! I am not sure they would like doggy daycare because Ozzie HATES car rides and is pretty much terrified wherever he goes

Lisa is a little more laid back, plus she's more curious about other dogs, so she might go for it. Ozzie doesn't get along great with other pups, unfortunately..

That is so adorable that Tessa recognized his groomer!! What a smart pup!

I think my mom felt that Tiger would be the last dog there when everyone else got a call to pick their dog up, and Tiger was also hated car rides and being away from home, so she would want him to be done as fast as possible. But now that we have 2 dogs and will most likely be taking them in at the same time, it will probably be inevitable that they take either all morning or all afternoon!

I emailed my groomer to let her know about Ozzie's eyes, just to let her know in case anyone else reports their dog has it. Haven't heard back but will keep you all posted!

CorkieYorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:33 PM   #16 (permalink)

Name: Jojo
Dog's Name: Daisy & Cupcake

I'm glad you were able to get him to the vet so you could get him treated asap. I hope he's doing much better soon.

How is little Lisa? Does she seem to be OK?
Old 11-11-2012, 06:45 PM   #17 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Courtney
Dog's Name: Ozzie (& Lisa @ the bridge)

So far her eye seems to be ok! But we are keeping an eye out! (pun intended!

CorkieYorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement