When did your fluff 'find his voice - Page 2 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2012, 08:29 PM   #11 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Orla
Dog's Name: Milo
Send a message via MSN to Orla

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiksaa View Post
Really? Does he have different barks? Like, a squeaky one and a deep, more serious one?

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Oh yeah! He has his excited bark(super high pitched), his "I want something bark", his annoyed bark(it's deep and he does a funny growl too and makes a weird noise that I don't even know how to describe - I need to get it on video!), his barking at noises etc. bark(almost the same as his annoyed bark) and his bark when he's sleeping(it's the cutest - I call them "yips" because that's what it sounds like)

I've probably forgotten some

Milo's Instagram
Orla is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2012, 08:56 PM   #12 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Deborah
Dog's Name: Laurel (maltese), Dewey, Violet and Hardy and Dewey

Dewey started barking about 14 weeks. He doesn't bark often, but when he does, it's a doozie!!!! Laurel barks when someone comes in, but doesn't continue. She has a very high shrill squeak!! She barked as soon as I got her!!

Furbabies mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:06 AM   #13 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Marisa
Dog's Name: Obi (Bellarata's You Better Believe It) & Owen (Aria Maltese)

I think some dogs are more vocal than others and it may take time to really know. Obi isn't very vocal and isn't much of a barker in general. He won't even bark even if other dogs are barking their heads off. He will bark in certain situations though (ie. to alert us when the doorbell rings) and he started barking more on walks as he got older and more protective which we actively work on. Gustave may just be one of the less vocal pups too :-). In any case, rewarding him for being quiet is great training!
hoaloha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:15 AM   #14 (permalink)

Arthur is a massive barker. And its a solid bark. He barks at possums and other dogs when he wants to play but not in a really aggressive manner. He doesnt generally bark at people/the door. He only barks at my mum who he knows doesnt like him so its super funny for us all. HAHA
nicolen412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:34 AM   #15 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: sandi
Dog's Name: Kitzel & Liesl

Kitzi only barks once in a while & he knows & obeys (mostly) the command "quiet bark!"
Lisi on the other hand. . . oh my, what can I say? She has many voices---her most irritating one is the "chimpanzee" voice! Someday I may actually record it. Count your blessings if your baby is more inclined to be on the quieter side. Gee, even our cat is a talker!
part of their soul remains unawakened."
"Wag more Bark less"
edelweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:05 AM   #16 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Kaitlin
Dog's Name: Sadie

Sadie is just starting to find her voice at about 5 months old. I have to try not to laugh when she barks because it really is the most pathetic sounding thing ever. It's so high-pitched and wimpy lol I love it!

She doesn't bark at other dogs or anything. If I am not paying attention to her, she usually barks at me one time. And if she is playing and gets really worked up, she starts barking. Other than that she is pretty quiet (thank goodness! Thin walls in my apartment building).

She does grumble a lot. Like if I pick her up and she is not interested in being held, she makes this sound like a grumble. It's not a growl, its more like a complaining noise haha its very cute! She makes that noise a lot when she sleeps too.
kaeco510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:11 AM   #17 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Molly did not bark at all after I got her, but lately (she is 10 months now) she barks every time I come down the stairs! It is a very high pitched shrilly bark, very annoying...sometimes she whines to be picked up too!
Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:41 AM   #18 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Deborah
Dog's Name: Laurel (maltese), Dewey, Violet and Hardy and Dewey

Quote:
Originally Posted by edelweiss View Post
Kitzi only barks once in a while & he knows & obeys (mostly) the command "quiet bark!"
Lisi on the other hand. . . oh my, what can I say? She has many voices---her most irritating one is the "chimpanzee" voice! Someday I may actually record it. Count your blessings if your baby is more inclined to be on the quieter side. Gee, even our cat is a talker!
Funny!! Den calls Dewey "monkey talk" when he cries in the x pen!

Furbabies mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement