peeing and pooping on the floor HELP!!! - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2012, 06:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Dog's Name: Vanilla
Default peeing and pooping on the floor HELP!!!

I have no idea what is going on. Vanilla will be 4 years old soon and she is trained on the pee pad and outdoor. ...NEVER had an issues with her. She is really good at going on both . This week she is pooping right in front of the television every day and peeing under our kitchen table. Her pee pad is in my family room right across from the tv in the same room. I am cleaning up with a Lysol wipe all the time. I send her out during the day and she goes fine. She does not have a UTI because she is not going more than usual and her peeing is clear and plentiful . LOL
Any thoughts????
poochie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2012, 06:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Shelly
Dog's Name: Rocky Muffin and Prince Tucker Bean

Personally, I would go with a vet visit, many things besides a uti that can be causing the issue, so I would want to rule that out first.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Barbie
Dog's Name: Zoe (Kyra my Angel in Heaven)

Usually when they do that there is something medically going on. I agree with Shelly to take her to the vet.
Zoe's Mom88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Pam
Dog's Name: Leila

I agree too about having the vet check her. Even if her urine does look normal, there could still be something going on that you can't see. Also, the vet could make sure she doesn't have any bladder stones or something else physically wrong. It's not normal for a dog to be housebroken that long to all of a sudden start using the bathroom where they usually wouldn't and know they shouldn't unless they're trying to tell you something is wrong. Another thing you should try is using something on those areas she's gone is after getting up the poop and blotting up the pee is make sure to use a cleaner that neutralizes it. I would get something specifically made for cleaning pet urine.

Leila'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:54 PM   #5 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Susan
Dog's Name: Tyler

Might be a medical issue but also wondering if anything at all changed in your house or situation either physically or emotionally? Wondering if there's some issue around her that's upsetting.

Snowbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leila'sMommy View Post
I agree too about having the vet check her. Even if her urine does look normal, there could still be something going on that you can't see. Also, the vet could make sure she doesn't have any bladder stones or something else physically wrong. It's not normal for a dog to be housebroken that long to all of a sudden start using the bathroom where they usually wouldn't and know they shouldn't unless they're trying to tell you something is wrong. Another thing you should try is using something on those areas she's gone is after getting up the poop and blotting up the pee is make sure to use a cleaner that neutralizes it. I would get something specifically made for cleaning pet urine.
I usually just wipe with a lysol wipe ....maybe the scent is still lingering because she is literally going right in front of the tv in the exact same spot like it's okay.
Also, she got a new bed this week and within the first 24 hours she peed in it .. She is acting 100% her usual self...playing, eating, etc.
I'm clueless to why this is happening.
Old 11-15-2012, 11:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbody View Post
Might be a medical issue but also wondering if anything at all changed in your house or situation either physically or emotionally? Wondering if there's some issue around her that's upsetting.
She got a new bed on Monday and peed in it within the first 24 hours. Thats the only change.
Should I get her previous bed out to see if it can be that?
Old 11-15-2012, 11:08 PM   #8 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leila'sMommy View Post
Yes I think I need a pet stain remover. I don't have one around because she never goes on the floor until now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement