Jett & Callie's appt with the chiro/acupuncurist - Page 2 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2012, 11:20 AM   #11 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Robin
Dog's Name: Phoebe Trixibell (adopted) and Griffin (Bonnie's Angel)

Crystal, this is GREAT news!!! I'm so happy you found this new doctor!!!

I would hate to live in a world without dogs, glass, or wine...
MoonDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2012, 11:24 AM   #12 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Maureen
Dog's Name: Cherry Lola, (Bonnies Angels) Penny Lane, (Spunsilk)

You indeed are the best Maltese Mummy..... so great to hear that they are feeling better. I do hope this more extensive diagnosis and treatment works long term for them. How is Zoe doing?

silverhaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:11 AM   #13 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Crystal
Dog's Name: Zoe, Jett & Callie (Cher-Chien's California Dreamin)

I'm pleased to report that Jett is still acting like he's feeling better. He's not acting much different than yesterday in play and eating, but I was afraid he may start to hurt again and go back to how he was before his treatment. He's not 100% yet, but so much better then before.

And Callie did not lift up her back left leg last evening at all. So I can tell she's doing much better too. I'm pretty amazed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbody View Post
Crystal - what a revelation. Glad to hear that you found this new vet...so he's trained in both Eastern and Western Veterinary medicine. Best of both worlds. Sounds like he's very intuitive and I really hope that the treatments help both Jett and Callie.
And yes I'd love if you could come up with a new line of clothing...lined with bubble wrap. Not really, Kids have to be kids despite the injuries they have and dogs have to be dogs despite their injuries. Keep us posted on Jett and Callie's progress. BTW any suggestions from him for Jett's eyesight?
Sadly no. There's just not much that can be done if it truly is PRA. I had asked if perhaps this pinched nerve could be affecting his vision and he told me no. I was hoping...

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverhaven View Post
You indeed are the best Maltese Mummy..... so great to hear that they are feeling better. I do hope this more extensive diagnosis and treatment works long term for them. How is Zoe doing?
Thanks Maureen. Zoe is acting like she feels really good. This past month she seems to have that sparkle back in her eye and the smile that used to always be there. She's been pain free for almost a year now. I need to take her in for another full blood panel because just this past month I've noticed how thin her hair is getting. She's always had a thin coat and lately I've been letting a groomer groom them for me. He's been thinning their legs and I've had to remind him a few times now to not do that anymore. So she looks really thin and stringy right now. She had a full blood panel maybe 10-12 months ago because I was concerned with some grouchiness and she was drinking a ton more water. Her panels came back perfect but that's when we found her degenerative disc disease. So we attributed the grouchiness to pain. And after really observing her, she seems to go to her water bowl and drink excessively when she's excited about something and doesn't know what to do with herself. She's the one out my 3 whose life has been really turned upside down. She went from leaving with me in my car every morning with the other 2 and going to grandma & grandpa's house, having 3 acres of yard plus a field and creek to run free to explore, squirrels to chase, a grandpa who adored her & encouraged her to bark at squirrels and chipmunks, took her for truck rides whenever she asked and who made his lap available a huge percentage of the time since he was in his recliner so much to moving into a home where we have to go out on a leash, not being able to go on very long walks due to her back issue, not being allowed to bark now that we are living in a planned community, staying home with grandma and not leaving in the car in the mornings, and no longer having a lap available to her on a regular basis since grandma just can't seem to sit down for very long. I have upped her protein amount in her food and think I'm seeing a bit of a difference in the condition of her coat already. I've had them all on a fairly low to moderate protein food for 2 years now...20-22% and am thinking that perhaps that's just too low on a consistent basis. Their treats are all protein so I felt that was upping their protein amount enough...and it may be. But I just won't know with Zoe until I get her in for her yearly well check and do another CBC. She was on Prednisone for a short time until I found the holistic products for inflammation and pain that have been working so well on her. Maybe this is a delayed reaction to the Pred? She wasn't on it very long but long enough to look a little puffy to me. I hated having her on it but it was a quality of life issue at that point.
Crystal&Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:48 AM   #14 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Dianne
Dog's Name: CeeCee (Jacob Maltese) Rain (Bonnie's Angel)
Heart

Crystal, you put into words what I feel everytime I take my babies to the vet. I have to explain so much what their problem is and then I feel like it falls on deaf ears. My vet told me that CeeCee had a tumor on her gum, I was so upset because I had known about it but it felt like a tooth in the gum. Well I was prepared to have it taken out. I took her in the day before for blood test and the morning of surgery. They shaved her two front legs and put her to sleep, it was a different vet who did the surgery. She called me a couple of hours later and said, I have got some good news for you. She did not have a tumor, it was a tooth embedded in the gum and we left it....Duh!!!! Small town syndrome. I am so happy about Jett and Callie. That is wonderful news that you went to him and he understood without making you feel like you are an overwought Mother. I would love to find someone like that for my two. Good luck with both of them and let us know how they are after the second visit!!!!