A really interesting and informative discussion on tear stains. - Page 5 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2012, 06:00 PM   #41 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Marj
Dog's Name: Bailey and Lady at the Bridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianapolisVet View Post
Hi everybody! My name is Dr. Greg Magnusson, I'm the author of The Veterinary Guide to Tear Stains mentioned a few posts back. I noticed a few of you were coming to my site to read the article, and wanted to stop in and say THANKS!

Also, I edited "Bonus Step 7" to make it more clear that I think adding Tums or Vinegar to a dog's diet will make no difference at all to their tear stain production. Glad to see you all agree with my logic!

Thank you for the kind words on my blog post. I worked hard on that one!
Welcome to Spoiled Maltese! We really enjoyed your article!
Ladysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2012, 06:11 PM   #42 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Sylvia
Dog's Name: MiMi, Ray and RuRu

I'm impressed. It really was the most informative article I have found on the subject. I read it again today.
Thanks to Marisa for bringing it to our attention.
Old 11-22-2012, 12:01 AM   #43 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Marisa
Dog's Name: Obi (Bellarata's You Better Believe It) & Owen (Aria Maltese)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianapolisVet View Post
Hi everybody! My name is Dr. Greg Magnusson, I'm the author of The Veterinary Guide to Tear Stains mentioned a few posts back. I noticed a few of you were coming to my site to read the article, and wanted to stop in and say THANKS!

Also, I edited "Bonus Step 7" to make it more clear that I think adding Tums or Vinegar to a dog's diet will make no difference at all to their tear stain production. Glad to see you all agree with my logic!

Thank you for the kind words on my blog post. I worked hard on that one!
Hi, Dr. Greg Magnusson! I am so glad you took the time to compile all that info into one very informative blog post. I hope the Spoiled Maltese forum will help debunk many of the myths that exist about tear stains with the help of your website. Thank you for writing it and I hope you don't mind if we continue to post links to your blog
hoaloha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 11:20 AM   #44 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Pam
Dog's Name: Leila

Hi Dr. Magnusson and thank you for coming to Spoiled Maltese! Thank you also for writing about tear stains! I found it very informative. I'm new to owning a Malt and if there is anything else you'd ever like to share, I would love to read it. Thank you also, Marisa, for sharing! (I hope I spelled your names right.)

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

Leila'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 05:06 PM   #45 (permalink)

I can speak only for myself but I've had some good results so far with keeping the face really clean by wiping it down twice a day, keeping the hair trimmed and recently started using Eye Envy, which is topical so I prefer that to anything ingested. Granted, AzureBelle's stains seem to be strictly isolated to around the immediate area of her undereyes not her beard.

Until I read the Doctor's article I was under the impression that plain, non-flavored yogurt was a good thing...?

I'm going to be getting some Spa Lavish this coming week, but I'd be interested to get the real story about plain yogurt especially since I'm all for anything natural that could potentially mitigate some of the stains and possibly have the twofer benefit of being healthy for her digestion.

Suz
SamiPix is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement