Help-pray - Page 13 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2012, 03:08 PM   #121 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Dog's Name: Mateo and Mia

Just seeing this and sending my positive thoughts and prayers for all of you.

So scary when they get sick from a vaccination, sorry you had to go through this with that sweet baby girl.

Mateo & Mia
joyomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2012, 03:11 PM   #122 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: sandi
Dog's Name: Kitzel & Liesl

Crystal, I'll try & do it tomorrow. I am sort of exhausted tonight & will need to research it on my computer. I am also trying to get prepared for my trip to UK coming up early Tues. AM. I am having someone come here to stay w/Lisi & Kitzi & need to get food made, instructions printed, packed, etc. & have to take Ruby about 1 1/2 hrs. away for care. If I don't get it done before I leave, I will do it as soon as I return & PM you.
Thank you so much for your willingness to help!
part of their soul remains unawakened."
"Wag more Bark less"
edelweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 03:11 PM   #123 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Terry
Dog's Name: Naddie, Quincy, & ( "Angel Missy" 8/11/94-7/19/05 )

I'm so relieved that Lisi has come thru the worst of it! I was so scared for her and can only tip the imagination as to how all this must have been for you!!!!!
Will be continuing the prayers till she is totally over this with no lingering affects!!!
I sooo HATE the forced vaccine rulings! I HATE that our babies lives are put at risk in order to follow a 'ruling" when in fact they likely aren't even needed after the first couple ones for protection! Thankfully , here in NYS we can get a waiver if it can be determined the shot will risk the health/life of the pet. After Missy got diabetes then cancer and at 10 years old she was due for rabies....we did the waiver. I did however request the titer just to see where she was 'at".
"Good' protection is ratio of 1:5...... Missy was at 1:1000!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-24-2012, 03:46 PM   #124 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: sandi
Dog's Name: Kitzel & Liesl

Thank you Terry!
I don't know what we are going to do about the law requirements--not even exactly sure how to research & find out. I generally find that border controls are only interested in the letter of the law---whether it is w/animals, people or goods. I have lived overseas since I was 28 yrs. of age in a few different countries & have yet to experience much "grace" when it comes to these requirements! My only hope is to find a vet whom I can bribe to lie & forge for me. I have a bit of a moral dilemma with that but it is tempting!
part of their soul remains unawakened."
"Wag more Bark less"

Last edited by edelweiss; 11-24-2012 at 03:57 PM.
edelweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 04:45 PM   #125 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Reva
Dog's Name: Bogie, CGC, BN and Cassie,CGCA, BN
Send a message via Yahoo to revakb2

Sandi, I am just now catching up with SM. I just wrote a long description of my experiences with Bogie and vaccines, but erased it accidentally. Since it really contained nothing you don't already know I won't repeat it. I just wanted to send our love and hopes for a full recovery for Lisi. Try not to worry and enjoy your grandson.
Old 11-24-2012, 04:51 PM   #126 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Crystal
Dog's Name: Zoe, Jett & Callie (Cher-Chien's California Dreamin)

Quote:
Originally Posted by edelweiss View Post
Thank you Terry!
I don't know what we are going to do about the law requirements--not even exactly sure how to research & find out. I generally find that border controls are only interested in the letter of the law---whether it is w/animals, people or goods. I have lived overseas since I was 28 yrs. of age in a few different countries & have yet to experience much "grace" when it comes to these requirements! My only hope is to find a vet whom I can bribe to lie & forge for me. I have a bit of a moral dilemma with that but it is tempting!
Ok so this may be one of those 'grey' areas but... and I am totally understanding your moral dilemma and would be exactly where you are... IF a vet offered to do this as his/her recommendation for your situation, I would not hesitate to take it. So now we'll pray for your vet to offer this as his/her prescribed treatment for the well being of the patient.
Crystal&Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 06:54 PM   #127 (permalink)
Banned

Name: Janine
Dog's Name: Charlie & Alex at Rainbow Bridge
Send a message via MSN to MalteseJane

Quote:
Originally Posted by edelweiss View Post
Thank you Terry!
That's the problem with traveling, you don't have a choice. You don't know what's going to happen on the border. Some agents will close their eyes but others will strictly follow the law. And you cannot risk being stranded at the border. We left a dog with friends (years ago) because we did not know if we could get him to France without vaccinations (and there was no vet where we lived). Later we traveled with another dog from France to the US and all we had to show is a vet bill of good health. Then we went back to France and walked all around the airport with the dog and nobody asked to see anything about the dog. Go figure. But you never know. And this was some 30 years ago, times have changed. Your best bet is to find a vet who will lie and forge for you.
MalteseJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:02 PM   #128 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Barbie
Dog's Name: Zoe (Kyra my Angel in Heaven)

Sandi, I agree with Crystal. If you can get your vet to give you something say so that's great. Considering what has taken place with Lisi I would do it.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:10 PM   #129 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Robin
Dog's Name: Phoebe Trixibell (adopted) and Griffin (Bonnie's Angel)

Oh Sandi, I haven't been on SM in days and I'm just now seeing this! Glad to know things are looking up but will offer prayers tonight. Give that little Liesl a kiss for me!

I would hate to live in a world without dogs, glass, or wine...
MoonDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:16 PM   #130 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Karen
Dog's Name: Bella and Jasmine (and Heidi at the Bridge)

Sandi, I was so happy to read that Liesl is doing better today. It is amazing how much love we feel for our furry friends and how much we worry when they are not feeling well. If one more person said to me "she's just a dog" when Heidi was so sick, I think I would have slugged them. That's why I love SM so much. We all feel the same way about our babies. I will keep Liesl in my prayers that she continues to improve.

"In a perfect world every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog"
maltese#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement