Help-pray - Page 14 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2012, 10:37 PM   #131 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Laurie
Dog's Name: My Triple Threat - Lily, Addie, Jackson, Luci Mae at the bridge

Sandi, I'm so sorry about Lisi. I'm just getting caught up from last few days. As you know I have a strong HATE for the Rabies vaccine. I pray for the situation that you are in with your baby. If a vet happens to want to help you out, consider it divine intervention and prayers were answered. Hugs to all.
ladodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2012, 04:49 AM   #132 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: sandi
Dog's Name: Kitzel & Liesl

Quote:
Originally Posted by revakb2 View Post
Sandi, I am just now catching up with SM. I just wrote a long description of my experiences with Bogie and vaccines, but erased it accidentally. Since it really contained nothing you don't already know I won't repeat it. I just wanted to send our love and hopes for a full recovery for Lisi. Try not to worry and enjoy your grandson.
Thank you dear lady---I know how frustrating it is when I write a long response & it gets eaten by the cyberspace villains---in Greece it happens often! I will try & take you wonderful advice!
part of their soul remains unawakened."
"Wag more Bark less"
edelweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:52 AM   #133 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalteseJane View Post
That's the problem with traveling, you don't have a choice. You don't know what's going to happen on the border. Some agents will close their eyes but others will strictly follow the law. And you cannot risk being stranded at the border. We left a dog with friends (years ago) because we did not know if we could get him to France without vaccinations (and there was no vet where we lived). Later we traveled with another dog from France to the US and all we had to show is a vet bill of good health. Then we went back to France and walked all around the airport with the dog and nobody asked to see anything about the dog. Go figure. But you never know. And this was some 30 years ago, times have changed. Your best bet is to find a vet who will lie and forge for you.
Spoken like someone who "has been there, done that." I, too, have had both experiences & spent hours once at a border arguing down the Chech lady border guard who wanted to keep my maltese because she said I did not have a "current" paper! I know what CAN happen & I always try to abide by the letter of the law for that reason. I am going to have to be creative here!
"Wag more Bark less"
Old 11-25-2012, 04:58 AM   #134 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladodd View Post
Sandi, I'm so sorry about Lisi. I'm just getting caught up from last few days. As you know I have a strong HATE for the Rabies vaccine. I pray for the situation that you are in with your baby. If a vet happens to want to help you out, consider it divine intervention and prayers were answered. Hugs to all.
Divine intervention is something that has helped me out more than once!
One other serious problem is that Lepto is rampant here---we have even had rats on our balcony (the landlady poisons them)---so I need a solution for that too because she can't get the lepto shot now!
"Wag more Bark less"
Old 11-25-2012, 05:10 AM   #135 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Update Sun. AM
Lisi is still not herself---very "punk" and only wants to be held. She is eating, etc. but not playing at all. She is a real player normally, and a very happy little tail wagger. She is always into some kind of trouble! I think this may take a while to clear. The swelling is gone, she isn't hiding anymore, and no hives. I am thankful for that much for now.
Thank you to ALL of you---if I haven't personally responded to your msg. please don't take it as a slight---I am in a time crunch at the moment as I leave early Tues (4:30 AM) for the UK and I have so much to do before that. It is hard to do much & hold Lisi! Kitzi wants to be held too---solidarity I think! He is a good brother, and although they don't individually weigh much, together they are a hand-full. I love that hand-full!
"Wag more Bark less"
Old 11-25-2012, 07:33 AM   #136 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Something interesting in US exemptions (not international) discovered in my research today at this site:
http://www.network54.com/Forum/14947...ICO+Dog+Owners

"Without a provision for medical exemptions in Title 7 Chapter 4 Part 2 7.4.2.8, New Mexicos rabies immunization code thrusts an ethical quandary on veterinarians with seriously ill patients -- they must either violate their Veterinarians Oath and administer a rabies vaccine contrary to sound medical practice and against the vaccine manufacturers labeled instructions, or recommend their clients break the law by not immunizing their unhealthy pets against rabies. Being compelled by law to vaccinate sick dogs and cats against rabies in order for their clients to comply with the code also puts New Mexicos veterinarians at risk of being held liable for any adverse reactions the animals may suffer after administering a vaccine inconsistently with the labeled directions. Owners of critically ill dogs may choose not to comply with the law rather than jeopardize the lives of their pets and then fail to license their dogs to avoid detection."

There are a # of states where there are exemptions but I have not yet located anything on an International level.
"Wag more Bark less"

Last edited by edelweiss; 11-25-2012 at 07:37 AM.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:43 AM   #137 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: April
Dog's Name: Rose, Lily, & Eva

Sandi, I am so sorry for all you are going through with Lisi..it does appear that she is recovering, thank goodness...you are between a rock and a hard place...bless your heart. I am praying that the Lord would grant your visa and get you out of Greece...hang in there, dear sister...
Old 11-25-2012, 10:43 AM   #138 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Marj
Dog's Name: Bailey and Lady at the Bridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by edelweiss View Post
Update Sun. AM
Lisi is still not herself---very "punk" and only wants to be held. She is eating, etc. but not playing at all. She is a real player normally, and a very happy little tail wagger. She is always into some kind of trouble! I think this may take a while to clear. The swelling is gone, she isn't hiding anymore, and no hives. I am thankful for that much for now.
Thank you to ALL of you---if I haven't personally responded to your msg. please don't take it as a slight---I am in a time crunch at the moment as I leave early Tues (4:30 AM) for the UK and I have so much to do before that. It is hard to do much & hold Lisi! Kitzi wants to be held too---solidarity I think! He is a good brother, and although they don't individually weigh much, together they are a hand-full. I love that hand-full!
It took Lady a full week to recover from her last rabies vaccine and she didn't have as severe a reaction as Lisi.

It sounds like she is improving to that's encouraging!
Ladysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:16 AM   #139 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Tori
Dog's Name: Grace -maltipoo, Gus - poodle mix

Yes, it takes awhile for them to recover from something like this.... But she is out of the scary part, which is good.

Will keep praying for your pups and you during your travels.... hope it all goes well.

Grace (Dec. 4, 2011) & Gus (Dec.15, 2009)

my lyme journey blog: faith, water, & yoga

my lyme video (updated link):
Tick,tick,tick... Time to see Lyme
Grace'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:30 PM   #140 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilb View Post
Sandi, I am so sorry for all you are going through with Lisi..it does appear that she is recovering, thank goodness...you are between a rock and a hard place...bless your heart. I am praying that the Lord would grant your visa and get you out of Greece...hang in there, dear sister...
Thanks my friend, but getting to Austria won't solve my problem! The rabies law is INTERNATIONAL---and only 20 US states have exemptions. I posted earlier about my research on this.
I stand a better chance of finding someone I can bribe in Greece than anywhere else if it comes down to that! If I move to Austria I may have to come back to Greece each year to bribe a vet to do my rabies (or not to do it, if you get my drift). I hate the thought of breaking the law, and I am honestly looking for a way around it. I won't risk Lisi's life though whatever I have to do! Sometimes it is better to ask for forgiveness than permission!
"Wag more Bark less"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement