Help-pray - Page 15 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2012, 02:49 PM   #141 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Susan
Dog's Name: Tyler

Quote:
Originally Posted by edelweiss View Post
Thanks my friend, but getting to Austria won't solve my problem! The rabies law is INTERNATIONAL---and only 20 US states have exemptions. I posted earlier about my research on this.
I stand a better chance of finding someone I can bribe in Greece than anywhere else if it comes down to that! If I move to Austria I may have to come back to Greece each year to bribe a vet to do my rabies (or not to do it, if you get my drift). I hate the thought of breaking the law, and I am honestly looking for a way around it. I won't risk Lisi's life though whatever I have to do! Sometimes it is better to ask for forgiveness than permission!
Just sayin'. So glad that the symptoms are dissipating. It just takes a while to clear from the system and recover but Lisel should be fine. I'm assuming you've got someone watching them who is very reliable. Just make sure that no matter what they don't deviate from what you give them or where you take them Wish I was there to help you out. I'd gladly hold BOTH of them while you pack.

Snowbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2012, 04:22 PM   #142 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Hi Sandi, I am checking in to say I am sorry she is feeling poorly. Still praying for your little girl and you with all your dealing with.
hugs

SammieMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:09 AM   #143 (permalink)
KAG
Maltese Guru

Name: Kerry
Dog's Name: Lola and Crisse in Heaven, Darla and Fallon
Heart

So thankful and happy to hear your little beauty is recovering, Sandi.
Xoxoxoxo
Old 11-26-2012, 03:16 AM   #144 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: sandi
Dog's Name: Kitzel & Liesl

Day 3 post-trama:
Lisi is still not up to "life" exactly---she is eating, pooing & slowly, slowly coming around---mostly wanting to be held & sleeping. It is sad to see my little loud-mouthed girl so "down"--especially since I am leaving early AM tomorrow for a week. She will be staying here at home, w/Kitzel & a Greek young lady who is the daughter of a good friend. (This family kept Kitzel at their home when I went to the UK to my daughter's wedding a couple of yrs. ago.) They also took the dog that I re-homed from a refugee couple that immigrated to Germany (a Westie)---so they know about dogs.
I am going to stay positive about leaving Lisi because I know it will be best for her if I do, and for me, and for everyone, but deep in my heart I am wishing there were two of me! Just, please, keep us all in your thoughts/prayers! I am SURE she will be ok---I don't know about myself.

PS: I won't have internet at the house we are using in Cambridge, but I may be able to go to the hotel or Pub nearby & have a coffee & check in??? We will have to see---so do forgive me IF I don't reply to your messages individually! For sure I will let you know if Lisi takes a turn for the worse! Otherwise assume we are ALL A O K!
part of their soul remains unawakened."
"Wag more Bark less"

Last edited by edelweiss; 11-26-2012 at 03:20 AM.
edelweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:54 AM   #145 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Jackie
Dog's Name: Pippa and Cozette. Dolly and Tiffany are angels at the Bridge

I'll continue to keep you and your situation with Lisi in my prayers. I'll especially pray for guidance on how to handle the immunization situation and travel-- I know it's a challenge! I can't imagine Lisi anything but the spunky little girl we met in HH. I am so glad to hear she is getting better, slow as it may be.

socalyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:26 AM   #146 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Crystal
Dog's Name: Zoe, Jett & Callie (Cher-Chien's California Dreamin)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace'sMom View Post
I'm so glad she is doing better today... Still needs snuggles and rest tho poor baby

Will keep praying.

Maybe giving her some Thuja would help... it's used for dogs to detox vaccine "junk". Grace had a lot of improvement once she was started on it...

hugs,
Tori

I just talked to my go to person at Animal Essentials. She also recommended Thuja to be given a day before, day of and 3-4 days after. Not really to detox but to help prevent or lessen the reaction. It's not the same as pre-meding w/children's Benadryl. She is also one to not recommend doing this as a preventive for the exact reasons Sue talked about. But I did want to mention this because Thuja is new to me and I wasn't sure I had a good understanding of how it worked. This is why I love working with AE. They are very knowledgeable on other products and recommend other products over theirs if they feel it's what the animal needs. She is still recommending the Detox blend for now that the reaction is over and also for when you travel outside of your living area since Lisi may be dealing with other environmental allergies that are not common in her area.

PM'ing you Sandy with the recommended protocols.
Crystal&Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement