Help-pray - Page 2 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums


SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2012, 08:21 AM   #11 (permalink)
Maltese Guru
 
aksm4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,213
Default

Any news on Liesl ?????? im worried
aksm4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-23-2012, 08:28 AM   #12 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

 
Name: Debbie
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Fluffville USA
Posts: 8,408
Default

Just checking for an update on Lisi. I wonder why the vet didn't want you to pretreat with Benadryl before her vaccine...just thinking out loud. I'm continuing prayers for Lisi.
__________________
mysugarbears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:32 AM   #13 (permalink)
Maltese Guru
 
pippersmom's Avatar
 
Name: Kathy
Dog's Name: Pipper
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 3,011
Default

Oh poor Lisi. Praying that she's ok real soon.
__________________

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
You are his life, his love, his leader.
He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

pippersmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:38 AM   #14 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

 
edelweiss's Avatar
 
Name: sandi
Dog's Name: Kitzel & Liesl
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 11,408
Default

It is about 3:30 PM here & Lisi is very, very quiet---no thrashing at least but does not seem to want to be handled at all. She is hiding out in the study by herself. Her rims are still pretty pink (not so red now) & a bit swollen, but certainly not as bad as before. I am thinking we should drive back to the office where she got her shot at around 5:30 when they reopen. I did send a copy of the pix to the vet.
My regular vet is out having had surgery herself, so this is the younger vet who gave her the shot where she had the reaction last spring.
I had to quit reading about all the things that might go wrong as it was too up-setting (neurological after effects, etc.). It all happened so quickly w/the swelling---almost in a matter of minutes after about 2 hours.
Kitzel seems to understand that Lisi isn't doing well. He is hovering over her w/a puzzled look.
__________________
Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.), - St. Bernard
"Life without a maltese is like summer without ice-cream." - St. Edelweiss
"Until one has loved an animal,
part of their soul remains unawakened."
"Wag more Bark less"
edelweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:40 AM   #15 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

 
edelweiss's Avatar
 
Name: sandi
Dog's Name: Kitzel & Liesl
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 11,408
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysugarbears View Post
Just checking for an update on Lisi. I wonder why the vet didn't want you to pretreat with Benadryl before her vaccine...just thinking out loud. I'm continuing prayers for Lisi.
My regular vet does not pre-medicate because she feels it merely masks something she needs to know about. I felt safe leaving after 1/2 hr. as Lisi was so quiet---now I realize her BP had probably dropped quickly w/the shot administration.
__________________
Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.), - St. Bernard
"Life without a maltese is like summer without ice-cream." - St. Edelweiss
"Until one has loved an animal,
part of their soul remains unawakened."
"Wag more Bark less"
edelweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:50 AM   #16 (permalink)
Maltese Guru
 
Kathleen's Avatar
 
Dog's Name: Daisy, Maxwell, and Henry, (and Buddy and Bunnie too), Grendel, Molly and Bunny in heaven
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,066
Default

Praying for Liesl.
It is so hard to watch and wait and worry.
__________________

Daisy and Max and Henry
Kathleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 09:05 AM   #17 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

 
maltese manica's Avatar
 
Name: Janene
Dog's Name: Babinka (06/09/14 Rainbow Bridge) Peppino and Tiny Tina
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Ontario
Posts: 4,708
Default

that picture oh my gosh!!! that is scary. I am so sorry and am praying for you both!!! Please keep us updated!
maltese manica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 09:30 AM   #18 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

 
Name: April
Dog's Name: Rose, Lily, & Eva
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Southeastern U.S.
Posts: 5,677
Default

Sandi, I am just now seeing this..I am so sorry...I know firsthand what this is like as I have been through it with my Lily..it is so scary. Has Lisi already had a steroid injection? If Lisi were mine, I would take her to the ER as soon as possible..I don't like the way she is acting even if the swelling is down...I am praying for you all..
__________________
aprilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 09:35 AM   #19 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

 
Name: April
Dog's Name: Rose, Lily, & Eva
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Southeastern U.S.
Posts: 5,677
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by edelweiss View Post
My regular vet does not pre-medicate because she feels it merely masks something she needs to know about. I felt safe leaving after 1/2 hr. as Lisi was so quiet---now I realize her BP had probably dropped quickly w/the shot administration.
Your vet is wrong, IMHO..I know Lisi has already had one anaphylactic reaction..how many does she have to have before the vet will premedicate?
__________________
aprilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 09:39 AM   #20 (permalink)
Maltese Guru
 
pippersmom's Avatar
 
Name: Kathy
Dog's Name: Pipper
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 3,011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by edelweiss View Post
It is about 3:30 PM here & Lisi is very, very quiet---no thrashing at least but does not seem to want to be handled at all. She is hiding out in the study by herself. Her rims are still pretty pink (not so red now) & a bit swollen, but certainly not as bad as before. I am thinking we should drive back to the office where she got her shot at around 5:30 when they reopen. I did send a copy of the pix to the vet.
My regular vet is out having had surgery herself, so this is the younger vet who gave her the shot where she had the reaction last spring.
I had to quit reading about all the things that might go wrong as it was too up-setting (neurological after effects, etc.). It all happened so quickly w/the swelling---almost in a matter of minutes after about 2 hours.
Kitzel seems to understand that Lisi isn't doing well. He is hovering over her w/a puzzled look.
Poor little thing. I feel so bad for her.
__________________

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
You are his life, his love, his leader.
He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

pippersmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:31 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2
PetGuide.com
Basset.net DobermanTalk.com GoldenRetrieverForum.com OurBeagleWorld.com
BoxerForums.com DogForums.com GoPitbull.com PoodleForum.com
BulldogBreeds.com FishForums.com HavaneseForum.com SpoiledMaltese.com
CatForum.com GermanShepherds.com Labradoodle-dogs.net YorkieForum.com
Chihuahua-People.com RetrieverBreeds.com