Help-pray - Page 8 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2012, 07:26 PM   #71 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Audrey DeLay
Dog's Name: Jasmine (Female)

Sandi how is Lisl doing? Any better? Let her know that she is in our thoughts!

dntdelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2012, 07:40 PM   #72 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Dog's Name: Aolani

Oh Sandy. I am praying for you and for Lisi.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Click here to see some of Aolani's videos
Johita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:46 PM   #73 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Susan
Dog's Name: Tyler

Sandi - I was so worried reading this. We lost our internet in Vermont and had to get a new modem so we couldn't get on line until tonight. I'm so sorry that Lisel is having this reaction. I hope that you can get her to a doctor asap. It does sound like an allergic reaction and possibly anaphylactic. The worries in that type of reaction is drop of BP, swelling on the inside causing breathing difficulties and can be very serious. They really need to treat with the right meds. I'm hoping that it will stay with external swelling and hives but since our dear dogs can't talk it's hard to tell what's going on. I'm praying that she will be okay. After a reaction like that they are wiped out for days. You will be on my mind until we hear back from you. I'm hoping you can get some sort of waiver after this reaction. I can't imagine that they could be so heartless as to risk the life of a dog for that shot.

As most of you know my son nearly died when he had several food allergic reactions when he was 2 and his throat swelled shut. He had several others in later years as well. For kids or adults ,you need to administer Epi, benedryl, and steroids if it's serious. David was seen by the top food allergist in the world, and I produced over a dozen videos on food allergy and life threatening reactions with the top docs in the world and the leading food allergy organization. The doctors's did not believe in pre-medicating for kids if they were going to be in a situation where there might be allergens around. In the case of vaccines, they watch for signs of allergy and usually keep kids who may have a history of allergy in the waiting room for an hour or so. Their feeling was if you pre-medicate it masks the reactions that need to be treated as soon as possible with the right meds. If you're going to have an anaphylactic reaction, using benedryl is like putting a bandaid on a gaping wound. It will mask some of the reaction but then often it comes back way worse because it's been given the time to develop. One of the most dangerous reactions is called a bi-phasic reaction where kids are treated for anaphylaxis, even with the right meds and several hours later they get a far worse secondary reaction which can be fatal too. That's why you aren't supposed to leave a hospital for at least 4-6 hours after Epi treatment because of this secondary issue. This all comes from my 20 years of working with top allergists and I wouldn't think it's much different with pets and severe allergies.

Sending you, Lisel and Dwight hugs and kisses. I know that poor Kitzel must be worried as well.

Snowbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 09:14 PM   #74 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Deb
Dog's Name: Gracie (Brookside Maltese) and Ella (MaltAngel Maltese)

Oh Sandi, I am so sorry that Liesl had such a bad reaction. Gracie had a bad reaction to the rabies shot and it changed her personality. Over 18 months later she is finally getting back to her old self. She'll never get another rabies vaccine. I hope you are able to get Liesl exempted for now on. Praying that she gets to feeling better soon.

educ8m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 09:49 PM   #75 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Janine
Dog's Name: Charlie & Alex at Rainbow Bridge
Send a message via MSN to MalteseJane

Quote:
Originally Posted by educ8m View Post
Oh Sandi, I am so sorry that Liesl had such a bad reaction. Gracie had a bad reaction to the rabies shot and it changed her personality. Over 18 months later she is finally getting back to her old self. She'll never get another rabies vaccine. I hope you are able to get Liesl exempted for now on. Praying that she gets to feeling better soon.
Isn't Gracie a sister of Charlie ? Thank goodness he has not had a bad reaction to the rabies vaccine. But I asked the vet not to give the full dose and he was okay with it.

Geez Sandi I hope Liesl is doing okay by now.
Old 11-23-2012, 11:02 PM   #76 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Marie
Dog's Name: Snowball

I don't think I can sleep tonight until we hear that Lisi is okay. I know it is six o'clock in the morning in Athens.

My prayers continue for darling Lisi. And, my love and heart is with you, Sandi.
Old 11-23-2012, 11:33 PM   #77 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Me too Marie! I am going to go to bed and pray all is better tomorrow am.
hugs!

SammieMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 01:56 AM   #78 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Jackie
Dog's Name: Pippa and Cozette. Dolly and Tiffany are angels at the Bridge

Sandi, I'm adding my prayers to everyone's regarding little Liesl. What a scary thing to happen! It doesn't sound like she is a candidate for immunizations, period! Please keep us posted on how she is doing-- until then, trust me, I'm praying hard!

Last edited by socalyte; 11-24-2012 at 02:00 AM.
socalyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 02:36 AM   #79 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: I'm Sammy: Piccolina, Bambolina and recently Girlie Dolcina are all playing in Heaven
Dog's Name: Poupetta (Poupe') born MAR 2005, Pallina Valentina born JAN 2012, & "Little Girl" born JUL 2009
Send a message via Yahoo to Piccolina

Sending Angels to look after Lisi

Old 11-24-2012, 03:06 AM   #80 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Marie
Dog's Name: Snowball

Checking in to see how Lisi is doing. It's three o'clock in the morning in Virginia. And, ten o'clock in the morning in Athens.

Prayers continue for Lisi, her Mommy and Daddy, and her brother, Kitzel. Sending love and hugs your way.