Please pray!! - Page 3 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2012, 12:08 PM   #21 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Celeta
Dog's Name: Steve (a rescue)

Goodness girl, didn't I read that Romeo is a rescue? Why would you breed him? I'm surprised he wasn't neutered when you got him, every rescue I know of spays/neuters before they will adopt out. Please have your animals spayed and neutered. There's no good reason to breed them.
StevieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2012, 12:14 PM   #22 (permalink)

Name: Cassie
Dog's Name: Juliet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarianne View Post
Do you know about pyometra? I think every female dog owner that isn't going to spay their dog before the first heat should know about it so they take it seriously if their dog starts showing possible symptoms, however vague they might seem. Closed pyometra isn't the most obvious infection, so by the time you can tell your dog is really sick, it's sometimes too late.

Here's some worthwhile reading for you: Pyometra silent killer

Stacy--the heartbeat recording is so neat!
Yep I've been doing more reading on it this last week especially! Just sucks my mother does not live around me to do a exam...I'm scared to palpitate her myself in fear of miscarriage or hurting her.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

JulietsMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:16 PM   #23 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Tori
Dog's Name: Grace -maltipoo, Gus - poodle mix

I couldn't imagine going through a dog in heat willingly LOL

I do understand why breeders do it... but not being in that ring (showing & breeding) I can't imagine doing this for years! I've just been a nervous wreck and now we are on day 5 of bleeding and I'm done LOL

I can't wait to get Grace fixed. She's been so great about taking her medicine that I'm sure her levels will be better by February! She is gonna be spayed! If she hadn't of had these issues she would already be spayed.

The dumpster puppies are a testament to why pets should be fixed. Already too many unwanted puppies in the world that need saved from the dumpsters....

I hope Juliet isn't pregnant... let us know how the vet goes.

Grace (Dec. 4, 2011) & Gus (Dec.15, 2009)

my lyme journey blog: faith, water, & yoga

my lyme video (updated link):
Tick,tick,tick... Time to see Lyme
Grace'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:40 PM   #24 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Susan
Dog's Name: Tyler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulietsMommy View Post
Romeo is not fixed. He is scheduled to be fixed thou, we were going to breed. My family has bred teacup poodles for years. I think I'm just scared because she's my baby girl! She's 9 months old. This morning she was getting sick, she only got sick once but still scares me.

What do you mean she was getting sick? I would get her to a vet ASAP.
I too don't understand how you got Romeo as a rescue dog without him being neutered already. All the rescues I know either neuter first before you get them or make you sign a neuter contract. I strongly advise getting Juliet spayed and Romeo neutered. There are enough unwanted puppies in shelters and rescue that I can't imagine breeding these little ones unless someone's only in it for the money. In this day and age it's just irresponsible; why make your little girl suffer for this? There is a higher chance of cancer for the female pup too with each heat that passes.

Snowbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:44 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieB View Post
Goodness girl, didn't I read that Romeo is a rescue? Why would you breed him? I'm surprised he wasn't neutered when you got him, every rescue I know of spays/neuters before they will adopt out. Please have your animals spayed and neutered. There's no good reason to breed them.
Yes Romeo was a rescue from 2nd owner, he is Akc registered with papers, I talked with the breeder awhile back about him. I wasn't going to breed him with Juliet,

Old 11-26-2012, 12:53 PM   #26 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Angry

Quote:
Yes Romeo was a rescue from 2nd owner, he is Akc registered with papers, I talked with the breeder awhile back about him. I wasn't going to breed him with Juliet,

Um, just FYI--buying a dog from a second owner is NOT rescuing!!!!!!!! Please do not get your terms confused. I consider it an insult to any of us who have rescued dogs and are involved with rescue. And please also get educated about pet overpopulation and the millions of dogs who are killed because of people breeding for profit.
zooeysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:09 PM   #27 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Celeta
Dog's Name: Steve (a rescue)

Quote:

Ah, Ok. Well, regardless, I am happy you changed your mind about breeding him! I see lots of yorkies and yorkie mixes in rescues waiting for good homes!
StevieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:42 PM   #28 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Marj
Dog's Name: Bailey and Lady at the Bridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooeysmom View Post
Um, just FYI--buying a dog from a second owner is NOT rescuing!!!!!!!! Please do not get your terms confused. I consider it an insult to any of us who have rescued dogs and are involved with rescue. And please also get educated about pet overpopulation and the millions of dogs who are killed because of people breeding for profit.
I agree! Romeo is a rehome, not a rescue.

I just pray Juliet isn't pregnant, but I fear she is. With the overpopulation and number of pets that are euthanized daily in this country, it is very irresponsible to breed for greed or to "accidentally" produce a litter of mixed breed puppies.
Ladysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:23 PM   #29 (permalink)

I got her in today at 4:30 today, when I got Romeo from the lady she told me she "rescued" him from people who mistreated and never took care of him. When I got him he was a mess! Especially around men, and has horrible anxiety! Today he is more trusting with men but still scared at times even with my husband. He is petrified of the dark, at night I have to turn on flood light in back yard and walk with him. As far as breeding, I'm well aware of the issues, I have volunteered with humane society since high school. Also I have family in Vegas that is really involved with rescues, pet harbor, Lied, and Home for spot, in which I keep active in trying to help in any way possible. (money, donations, spreading the word) We decided on having Romeo Neutered because of his anxiety! I will take responsibility for not explaining everything completely and it caused misunderstandings!

Old 11-26-2012, 02:27 PM   #30 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Marj
Dog's Name: Bailey and Lady at the Bridge

Quote:
I got her in today at 4:30 today, when I got Romeo from the lady she told me she "rescued" him from people who mistreated and never took care of him. When I got him he was a mess! Especially around men, and has horrible anxiety! Today he is more trusting with men but still scared at times even with my husband. He is petrified of the dark, at night I have to turn on flood light in back yard and walk with him. As far as breeding, I'm well aware of the issues, I have volunteered with humane society since high school. Also I have family in Vegas that is really involved with rescues, pet harbor, Lied, and Home for spot, in which I keep active in trying to help in any way possible. (money, donations, spreading the word) We decided on having Romeo Neutered because of his anxiety! I will take responsibility for not explaining everything completely and it caused misunderstandings!

If you are lucky enough to have dodged a bullet and Juliet isn't pregnant, are you still planning to breed her or will you have her spayed?
Ladysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement