Please pray!! - Page 5 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2012, 07:30 PM   #41 (permalink)

Name: Cassie
Dog's Name: Juliet

Well no news Wait 3 weeks and come back. They said uterus is swollen but couldn't feel puppies/puppy. Too early...they wanted to do x-ray but said more than likely would only see enlarged uterus so I told them no. She said she's in excellent health but very spoiled!! How could you tell? lol it's 1 of 2 things false pregnancy or pregnancy. So the 3 week wait begins,,, December 17th or if she takes turn for bad. So she is not going to leave my side..wonder what the colleges policy is on dogs! Even thou she's not a dog she's my baby girl!

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

JulietsMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2012, 07:32 PM   #42 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Mane
Dog's Name: Sasha (7/14/99) & Lola Pink (9/20/10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulietsMommy View Post
Well no news Wait 3 weeks and come back. They said uterus is swollen but couldn't feel puppies/puppy. Too early...they wanted to do x-ray but said more than likely would only see enlarged uterus so I told them no. She said she's in excellent health but very spoiled!! How could you tell? lol it's 1 of 2 things false pregnancy or pregnancy. So the 3 week wait begins,,, December 17th or if she takes turn for bad. So she is not going to leave my side..wonder what the colleges policy is on dogs! Even thou she's not a dog she's my baby girl!

Oh wow! Having too wait 3 weeks will be so hard! I hope everything turns out for fine.

S&LP'S Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:57 PM   #43 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Marj
Dog's Name: Bailey and Lady at the Bridge

Quote:

Stacy/Bellarata is an experienced show breeder and she told you to request an ultrasound. Maybe you didn't understand her abbreviation "u/s"?

"If Romeo is not fixed, than I agree, I would assume she is pregnant. By this time, a vet can do an u/s and see if there are any puppies - do NOT let them do an xray, it is absolutely useless at this point."

Hopefully Stacy will see this, but if she doesn't, I'd suggest you pm her for advice. Waiting three more weeks with such a young girl puts her at unnecessary risk IMO.
Ladysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:25 PM   #44 (permalink)

We go to Banfield Pet Hospital which is in Petsmart. I asked about u/s, Doppler, anything but x-ray! They do not have machine only X-ray. I told her I was going to call the vet back home to see if I could get her in for u/s. So I did check into it. Now have to call around.

Old 11-26-2012, 08:31 PM   #45 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
We go to Banfield Pet Hospital which is in Petsmart. I asked about u/s, Doppler, anything but x-ray! They do not have machine only X-ray. I told her I was going to call the vet back home to see if I could get her in for u/s. So I did check into it. Now have to call around.

Not a fan of Banfield. I hope you can find another vet asap who can do an ultrasound.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:35 PM   #46 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Stacy
Dog's Name: Lucy, Lois, Cookie and Steve
Send a message via Yahoo to bellaratamaltese

Oh no, how frustrating that you don't have a definite diagnosis! In 3 weeks, if she is pregnant, you should be able to tell just by seeing/feeling fetal movement.

They do not have a doppler to listen for heart beats at the vet?

Sooo glad that they didn't talk you into doing an xray - talk about a waste of money at this point!

How absolutely sure are you on her heat cycle dates? When did Romeo start going nuts? Hope you can get some info! Heart beats won't show up on ultrasound until about 23+ days, so it still might be too early for that, if you are certain on her heat cycle dates.

So glad they got her in though. Did they take her temp?

bellaratamaltese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:36 PM   #47 (permalink)

Well I wasn't to happy tonight we just started using them when we got Juliet and its a 50 min drive for me anyway! I get there today only to find out the veterinarian was a fill in...original quit!! I have a medical plan they them and I can't wait till the 12 months is up

Old 11-26-2012, 09:01 PM   #48 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Well I wasn't to happy tonight we just started using them when we got Juliet and its a 50 min drive for me anyway! I get there today only to find out the veterinarian was a fill in...original quit!! I have a medical plan they them and I can't wait till the 12 months is up

Google Banfield and you will see lots of negative reviews. Not a place I would want to take my puppy for a possible high risk pregnancy.

I found my wonderful vets up in Raleigh when a stray cat tried to adopt me. When I convinced a private rescue to take "Elliot", I had to drop him off at this vet practice to be evaluated, feline leukemia test, etc. They were fabulous when I arrived sobbing and asked to be updated. I knew I finally found my vet after rejecting four other vets after moving there. I found out afterwards that they worked with all the private rescues, the SPCA, etc. and were highly recommended by all of them.

Since then I always tell people to call their local shelters and rescues for a recommendation for a vet. A vet who volunteers with shelters and rescues is obviously dedicated and a true animal lover.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:16 PM   #49 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Gail
Dog's Name: Lucy

I personally hate Banfield. They push stuff that won't help, and don't seem to know what will help. I'm sure it varies by clinic, but my experience with them with my dogs Emma and Gladie was not good at all. Finding a good vet that you can trust is well worth the search. I frankly wouldn't feel confident with Banfield's advice.
LoveLucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:17 PM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladysmom View Post
Google Banfield and you will see lots of negative reviews. Not a place I would want to take my puppy for a possible high risk pregnancy.

I found my wonderful vets up in Raleigh when a stray cat tried to adopt me. When I convinced a private rescue to take "Elliot", I had to drop him off at this vet practice to be evaluated, feline leukemia test, etc. They were fabulous when I arrived sobbing and asked to be updated. I knew I finally found my vet after rejecting four other vets after moving there. I found out afterwards that they worked with all the private rescues, the SPCA, etc. and were highly recommended by all of them.

Since then I always tell people to call their local shelters and rescues for a recommendation for a vet. A vet who volunteers with shelters and rescues is obviously dedicated and a true animal lover.
Thanks Marj I'm gonna call around first thing in the morning! I'm not worried about paying health plan and vet bill, as long as its going to keep my baby safe.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement