Have u ever seen this? - Page 2 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2012, 08:33 PM   #11 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Sylvia
Dog's Name: MiMi, Ray and RuRu

You get her on a good diet with clean water and the yeast stains will surely diminish. I hope you have a really good vet, because you need someone you can trust and someone who understands the special needs of small dogs. You have lots of aunties to give you advice when you don't know what to do.

Now, for starters, do not get the vaccine for lepto. Do not get a three way or five way...Read all you can find on vaccines for little dogs and stand up and fight if your vet wants to give a five way.

I, for one will read every post of yours I see, and I will offer any experience I have had.

Don't worry too much about the yeast stains, they won't go away completely until they grow out.

Hugs to you and your baby. You have hundreds of aunties cheering for you.
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2012, 08:51 PM   #12 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Lisa Marie
Dog's Name: Louie & Molly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylie View Post
You get her on a good diet with clean water and the yeast stains will surely diminish. I hope you have a really good vet, because you need someone you can trust and someone who understands the special needs of small dogs. You have lots of aunties to give you advice when you don't know what to do.

Now, for starters, do not get the vaccine for lepto. Do not get a three way or five way...Read all you can find on vaccines for little dogs and stand up and fight if your vet wants to give a five way.

I, for one will read every post of yours I see, and I will offer any experience I have had.

Don't worry too much about the yeast stains, they won't go away completely until they grow out.

Hugs to you and your baby. You have hundreds of aunties cheering for you.
Thank you so much! My vet has seen my other Malt 3 times and so far so good but Molly will be a challenge for him! When do I think i should give her a full on bath?

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Lmojeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:52 PM   #13 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace'sMom View Post
She's really young...she will sleep a lot. Much more than you would be used to with a 12 weeker. So that is okay.

Make sure to give her lots of physical contact

A wet cloth will be a good enough "bath" for her... use some warm water, and wipe her just like her mother would lick her.

Does she smell? Like... does she have a yeasty smell? Or does her breath smell? that is a good indicator of an infection.
No she smells like puppy breath! Lol. And is very soft.

Old 11-25-2012, 09:00 PM   #14 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Barbie
Dog's Name: Zoe (Kyra my Angel in Heaven)

I agree with what the others have said that her living environment has caused her these stains and they will go away. It is from yeast and living in garbage, that will do that. In time with a good diet and proper cleaning she will be free of it. You are an angel for giving her what she deserves....a chance of life and love. I am sure your vet will guide you in her care and recovery from her horrible life she has lived so far.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:02 PM   #15 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Sylvia
Dog's Name: MiMi, Ray and RuRu

Oh sigh...puppy breath is the best...it is like smelling heaven. Because she is so young you just need to keep her really close to you. It will very likely turn out that you have the most dedicated and loving dog a person could imagine.
As Tori suggested, don't give her a big bath just yet...just wipe her with a soft damp cloth to mimmick the mother's gentle licking. You have a hard job, but honestly I envy you. This is a challenge, but the rewards will be super remarkable.

I once had a little bunny who was too young to be separated from her mommy. That bunny forever saw me as her mommy and the love we shared was amazing. I believe that you will find the most amazing love you have ever known from this little puppy.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:03 PM   #16 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Barbie
Dog's Name: Zoe (Kyra my Angel in Heaven)

Quote:
Oh sigh...puppy breath is the best...it is like smelling heaven. Because she is so young you just need to keep her really close to you. It will very likely turn out that you have the most dedicated and loving dog a person could imagine.
As Tori suggested, don't give her a big bath just yet...just wipe her with a soft damp cloth to mimmick the mother's gentle licking. You have a hard job, but honestly I envy you. This is a challenge, but the rewards will be super remarkable.

I once had a little bunny who was too young to be separated from her mommy. That bunny forever saw me as her mommy and the love we shared was amazing. I believe that you will find the most amazing love you have ever known from this little puppy.
Very well said Sylvia!
Old 11-25-2012, 09:08 PM   #17 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Pam
Dog's Name: Leila

Even with the stains, she is sooooo cute!!

Leila'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:10 PM   #18 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Ashley
Dog's Name: Sophie

P l

AshleyAndSophiePup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:22 PM   #19 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:

I'm afraid she will get to spoiled. She has been sleeping on my chest since I layed down for bed. I feel bad bc I never did this with Louie! Will he feel un loved? Can I spoil her too much where she will have separation anxiety? Bc I do work 5 hrs 4 days a week.

Old 11-25-2012, 09:23 PM   #20 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe's Mom88 View Post
I agree with what the others have said that her living environment has caused her these stains and they will go away. It is from yeast and living in garbage, that will do that. In time with a good diet and proper cleaning she will be free of it. You are an angel for giving her what she deserves....a chance of life and love. I am sure your vet will guide you in her care and recovery from her horrible life she has lived so far.
Y'all have been so great idk if I can do this w/o y'all!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement