Have u ever seen this? - Page 2 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums


SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2012, 08:33 PM   #11 (permalink)
Maltese Guru


 
Sylie's Avatar
 
Name: Sylvia
Dog's Name: MiMi, Ray and RuRu
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Hidden Valley, CA
Posts: 9,035
Default

You get her on a good diet with clean water and the yeast stains will surely diminish. I hope you have a really good vet, because you need someone you can trust and someone who understands the special needs of small dogs. You have lots of aunties to give you advice when you don't know what to do.

Now, for starters, do not get the vaccine for lepto. Do not get a three way or five way...Read all you can find on vaccines for little dogs and stand up and fight if your vet wants to give a five way.

I, for one will read every post of yours I see, and I will offer any experience I have had.

Don't worry too much about the yeast stains, they won't go away completely until they grow out.

Hugs to you and your baby. You have hundreds of aunties cheering for you.
__________________
MiMi & Sylvie
Sylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-25-2012, 08:51 PM   #12 (permalink)
Maltese Guru
 
Lmojeda's Avatar
 
Name: Lisa Marie
Dog's Name: Louie & Molly
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 312
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylie View Post
You get her on a good diet with clean water and the yeast stains will surely diminish. I hope you have a really good vet, because you need someone you can trust and someone who understands the special needs of small dogs. You have lots of aunties to give you advice when you don't know what to do.

Now, for starters, do not get the vaccine for lepto. Do not get a three way or five way...Read all you can find on vaccines for little dogs and stand up and fight if your vet wants to give a five way.

I, for one will read every post of yours I see, and I will offer any experience I have had.

Don't worry too much about the yeast stains, they won't go away completely until they grow out.

Hugs to you and your baby. You have hundreds of aunties cheering for you.
Thank you so much! My vet has seen my other Malt 3 times and so far so good but Molly will be a challenge for him! When do I think i should give her a full on bath?


Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Lmojeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:52 PM   #13 (permalink)
Maltese Guru
 
Lmojeda's Avatar
 
Name: Lisa Marie
Dog's Name: Louie & Molly
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 312
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace'sMom View Post
She's really young...she will sleep a lot. Much more than you would be used to with a 12 weeker. So that is okay.

Make sure to give her lots of physical contact

A wet cloth will be a good enough "bath" for her... use some warm water, and wipe her just like her mother would lick her.

Does she smell? Like... does she have a yeasty smell? Or does her breath smell? that is a good indicator of an infection.
No she smells like puppy breath! Lol. And is very soft.


Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Lmojeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:00 PM   #14 (permalink)
Maltese Guru
 
Zoe's Mom88's Avatar
 
Name: Barbie
Dog's Name: Zoe (Kyra my Angel in Heaven)
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 5,479
Default

I agree with what the others have said that her living environment has caused her these stains and they will go away. It is from yeast and living in garbage, that will do that. In time with a good diet and proper cleaning she will be free of it. You are an angel for giving her what she deserves....a chance of life and love. I am sure your vet will guide you in her care and recovery from her horrible life she has lived so far.
__________________
Zoe's Mom88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:02 PM   #15 (permalink)
Maltese Guru


 
Sylie's Avatar
 
Name: Sylvia
Dog's Name: MiMi, Ray and RuRu
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Hidden Valley, CA
Posts: 9,035
Default

Oh sigh...puppy breath is the best...it is like smelling heaven. Because she is so young you just need to keep her really close to you. It will very likely turn out that you have the most dedicated and loving dog a person could imagine.
As Tori suggested, don't give her a big bath just yet...just wipe her with a soft damp cloth to mimmick the mother's gentle licking. You have a hard job, but honestly I envy you. This is a challenge, but the rewards will be super remarkable.

I once had a little bunny who was too young to be separated from her mommy. That bunny forever saw me as her mommy and the love we shared was amazing. I believe that you will find the most amazing love you have ever known from this little puppy.
__________________
MiMi & Sylvie
Sylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:03 PM   #16 (permalink)
Maltese Guru
 
Zoe's Mom88's Avatar
 
Name: Barbie
Dog's Name: Zoe (Kyra my Angel in Heaven)
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 5,479
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylie View Post
Oh sigh...puppy breath is the best...it is like smelling heaven. Because she is so young you just need to keep her really close to you. It will very likely turn out that you have the most dedicated and loving dog a person could imagine.
As Tori suggested, don't give her a big bath just yet...just wipe her with a soft damp cloth to mimmick the mother's gentle licking. You have a hard job, but honestly I envy you. This is a challenge, but the rewards will be super remarkable.

I once had a little bunny who was too young to be separated from her mommy. That bunny forever saw me as her mommy and the love we shared was amazing. I believe that you will find the most amazing love you have ever known from this little puppy.
Very well said Sylvia!
__________________
Zoe's Mom88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:08 PM   #17 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

 
Leila'sMommy's Avatar
 
Name: Pam
Dog's Name: Leila
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: West Columbia, SC
Posts: 2,932
Default

Even with the stains, she is sooooo cute!!


Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
__________________


Leila'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:10 PM   #18 (permalink)
Maltese Guru
 
AshleyAndSophiePup's Avatar
 
Name: Ashley
Dog's Name: Sophie
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Western Washington
Posts: 1,016
Default

P l


Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
__________________
Sophie, Ashley, & Keiko Kitty


AshleyAndSophiePup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:22 PM   #19 (permalink)
Maltese Guru
 
Lmojeda's Avatar
 
Name: Lisa Marie
Dog's Name: Louie & Molly
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 312
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylie View Post
Oh sigh...puppy breath is the best...it is like smelling heaven. Because she is so young you just need to keep her really close to you. It will very likely turn out that you have the most dedicated and loving dog a person could imagine.
As Tori suggested, don't give her a big bath just yet...just wipe her with a soft damp cloth to mimmick the mother's gentle licking. You have a hard job, but honestly I envy you. This is a challenge, but the rewards will be super remarkable.

I once had a little bunny who was too young to be separated from her mommy. That bunny forever saw me as her mommy and the love we shared was amazing. I believe that you will find the most amazing love you have ever known from this little puppy.
I'm afraid she will get to spoiled. She has been sleeping on my chest since I layed down for bed. I feel bad bc I never did this with Louie! Will he feel un loved? Can I spoil her too much where she will have separation anxiety? Bc I do work 5 hrs 4 days a week.


Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Lmojeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:23 PM   #20 (permalink)
Maltese Guru
 
Lmojeda's Avatar
 
Name: Lisa Marie
Dog's Name: Louie & Molly
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 312
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe's Mom88 View Post
I agree with what the others have said that her living environment has caused her these stains and they will go away. It is from yeast and living in garbage, that will do that. In time with a good diet and proper cleaning she will be free of it. You are an angel for giving her what she deserves....a chance of life and love. I am sure your vet will guide you in her care and recovery from her horrible life she has lived so far.
Y'all have been so great idk if I can do this w/o y'all!


Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Lmojeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:30 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2
PetGuide.com
Basset.net DobermanTalk.com GoldenRetrieverForum.com OurBeagleWorld.com
BoxerForums.com DogForums.com GoPitbull.com PoodleForum.com
BulldogBreeds.com FishForums.com HavaneseForum.com SpoiledMaltese.com
CatForum.com GermanShepherds.com Labradoodle-dogs.net YorkieForum.com
Chihuahua-People.com RetrieverBreeds.com