back from the vet with Becky - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2012, 06:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Default back from the vet with Becky

So it has been 10 days that Becky finished her heat and since has been very sad or dont want to do anything , apetite is still ok , no vomiting diareah , just looks depressed so I took her to the vet he could not find anything wrong with her palpitated abdomen no pain , no temperature , no pain in limbs , he does not beleive her liver is acting up because has no symtoms no vomiting etc.... he believes hormonal , perhaps false pregnancy but i have been reading online it takes 45 days after to start ??? i have never seen Becky this way im so confused ......he does not think pyometra yet either .....

Anna
aksm4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2012, 06:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Janene
Dog's Name: Babinka (06/09/14 Rainbow Bridge) Peppino and Tiny Tina

when babinka is in her heat she act a little off. Sorry that you are going through this! You did the right thing by going to the vet!
maltese manica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by maltese manica View Post
when babinka is in her heat she act a little off. Sorry that you are going through this! You did the right thing by going to the vet!
But Becky is finished her heat ????
Old 11-29-2012, 06:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

could be hormonal, was this her first heat? Is she lying around alot more than usual? is she licking herself down there still? I know that this part does not really apply, but ok when Babinka is in heat it last for a good three and half weeks. after 5- 6 days after she has finnished she goes into a breathing eposiode with her heart. My vet has said to me even though she has finnished its still hormonal trying to get the balance back. I am glad that Becky is eating and having no diareah, good signs for that. At least you have your vet working with you on investigating. mabey keep a journal of her daily activities and see if she improves. hugs to Becky!
Old 11-29-2012, 06:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
could be hormonal, was this her first heat? Is she lying around alot more than usual? is she licking herself down there still? I know that this part does not really apply, but ok when Babinka is in heat it last for a good three and half weeks. after 5- 6 days after she has finnished she goes into a breathing eposiode with her heart. My vet has said to me even though she has finnished its still hormonal trying to get the balance back. I am glad that Becky is eating and having no diareah, good signs for that. At least you have your vet working with you on investigating. mabey keep a journal of her daily activities and see if she improves. hugs to Becky!

Thank you so much for your responses ,Becky heat lasted about there 3 1/2 weeks , it is 10 days after now i Pray its just hormonal I have been through so much with her
Old 11-29-2012, 06:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksm4 View Post
Thank you so much for your responses ,Becky heat lasted about there 3 1/2 weeks , it is 10 days after now i Pray its just hormonal I have been through so much with her
trust me I understand! everytime Binkers goes into heat it kills me as I know what it does to her heart and am afraid that will do her in! keep us posted on how she is doing! i betcha she will come out of this slump like a champ, and you will be fine
Old 11-29-2012, 07:00 PM   #7 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
trust me I understand! everytime Binkers goes into heat it kills me as I know what it does to her heart and am afraid that will do her in! keep us posted on how she is doing! i betcha she will come out of this slump like a champ, and you will be fine
May i ask does your Babinka have heart problems or just her heat doing this ?
Old 11-29-2012, 07:06 PM   #8 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
May i ask does your Babinka have heart problems or just her heat doing this ?
No not at all, I consider everyone here like a part of my family! Babinka was born with a bum heart, the breeder would not sell her but did not want to euthinize her! Binker's (my nick name for her) was only given 6 months to live................ I took her in wanted to give her a good life and love! well she is now three years old! her heart started to act up just this year 6/6 heart her heart is enlarging and has holes before the heart actually started acting up, the first two years she acted weird with her heat and after the fact. now the heat makes her act weird even after the fact , and now makes her have her breathing spells. I swear I am at the vet every tow to three weeks! it really makes you feel helpless!
Old 11-29-2012, 07:10 PM   #9 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
No not at all, I consider everyone here like a part of my family! Babinka was born with a bum heart, the breeder would not sell her but did not want to euthinize her! Binker's (my nick name for her) was only given 6 months to live................ I took her in wanted to give her a good life and love! well she is now three years old! her heart started to act up just this year 6/6 heart her heart is enlarging and has holes before the heart actually started acting up, the first two years she acted weird with her heat and after the fact. now the heat makes her act weird even after the fact , and now makes her have her breathing spells. I swear I am at the vet every tow to three weeks! it really makes yxoou feel helpless!

Oh Yes i feel helpless also because i have never seen her this quiet , and im sorry you are having troubles with babinka xo
Old 11-29-2012, 07:13 PM   #10 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Oh Yes i feel helpless also because i have never seen her this quiet , and im sorry you are having troubles with babinka xo
I totally know how you feel! I say if you get that gut feeling go with it! I am always on the phone with my vet! to just make sure....!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement