Personality change- help - Page 2 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2012, 01:42 AM   #11 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Aastha
Dog's Name: Gustave & Mieka

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyAndSophiePup View Post
Lets pray that's what it is! Although I wish my BF would just offer me a spa day.. How'd you do that again?

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Haha. About ten years of training. Wish I knew about the clicker back then, would have taken only five. :P

eiksaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2012, 01:42 AM   #12 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Lyndsy
Dog's Name: Albert

Thanks so much I think in going to have to take him later on today x
Lynzodolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:48 AM   #13 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Deborah
Dog's Name: Laurel (maltese), Dewey, Violet and Hardy and Dewey

Ashley, I think as they get more familiar and confident there little personalities come out. It was the same with mine, quiet and sweet one day and the next day..........A PUPPY!!!I always say if I can make it until they're one, then things calm down.

Furbabies mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:09 AM   #14 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Lyndsy
Dog's Name: Albert

Well I took Albert to the vets in tears and hysterics , he started coughing yellow stuff up , the vet gave him an anti inflammatory injection and felt him allover she thinks its some sort of bug as a few have come I'n this weekend with same symptoms , phew I'm relieved , I was thinking the worst , he's curled up on me sleeping , she said to watch him for today and if he's not eaten or drank he's to go bak for further tests tomorrow , please out Him in your thoughts or prayers , I don't ever ask but he's my baby xx
Lynzodolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:31 AM   #15 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Grace
Dog's Name: Daisy

Daisy went through that stage at 4 months growling at things he was afraid of and barking at people etc. she's better only barks when door bell goes even the one on tv. Don't worry Sophie should get better ignore her when she growls etc an she will soon stop. Daisy did. She now goes for things she's not supposed to def think its terrible two stage!! She's like a two year old. Hope things get better ignore bad behaviour reward the good
WeeGrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:39 AM   #16 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Tori
Dog's Name: Grace -maltipoo, Gus - poodle mix

A lot of it is teething. 4-6 months is when they start teething and it is uncomfortable for them. Makes them cranky.

I wish I would have found these when Grace was teething: PupTeeth Granules? - Soothe Kittens & Puppies During Normal Teething

Give her some soft things to chew... Orbee Tough Bone is a good soft teething bone. Dehydrated sweet potatoes helped with Grace teething. I got the Pet Fresh ones and kept them in the fridge.

Grace didn't settle down and be sweet again until most of her teeth were done.... But now she is so sweet and cuddly

Grace (Dec. 4, 2011) & Gus (Dec.15, 2009)

my lyme journey blog: faith, water, & yoga

my lyme video (updated link):
Tick,tick,tick... Time to see Lyme
Grace'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:20 AM   #17 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Other than teething I'm not sure either. Nothing going on outside that could frighten her or maybe yesterday? The growling is what I dont like in mine. May be nothing, but I would check smoke alarms make sure batteries aren't low. They give off a beep that we can't always hear in the home but drives dogs nuts. Seen it many times here.

Last edited by SammieMom; 12-03-2012 at 10:34 AM.
SammieMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:26 AM   #18 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

While back penny started growling low and little barks for no reason. I realized it was the dryer running and cycle beeping. I turned off the beeper signal on dryer. Now she is used to it.
Alarms, beeps, low batteries in home are things I look for if I see a sudden change in behavior as you described. We can't always hear these noises.

Old 12-03-2012, 10:31 AM   #19 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynzodolly View Post
Hi all can you please help ... My Albert is 5 months old , up until 2 days ago I had a crazy , biting feet , eating everything in his bowl and begging off people little tear away , the past two days I have had to practically force feed him very little and force water down him , he is playful but no chewing , biting , barking ... He keeps putting his tail down between his legs and coming for more cuddles than normal ... He's not whining and does walk on his lead and sniff other dogs just not as wild ... I have taken the day off work today to watch him ... Do I take him to the vets ? Or just keep feeding him , and trying to get water down ?... He usually poops 3 times a day but past two days , just one poop. ... And very little pees and there bright yellow , his nose is wet and his gums pink ... He's eating cheese , his fave treat , and a handful of his dry food last night ... In reduced to tears in this change ... All I can think iv done different is he had some prawns on Friday night which were in date , and his shampoo was changed to brightening but no rash on skin ... Please help !!! X
Others may know as I don't home cook. But I am wondering if the PRAWNS (shrimp right?) made him sick. I am not sure, because I only fed my puppies puppy food till 9 months old. And cheese might cause him to poop less. I use natural balance wet food (non fish) or pet fresh when mine won't eat. He ate kibble so that's good. If mine really don't want to eat, they won't eat period. The yellow type of vomit can happen when a puppy (or even adult) has an empty stomach. Or as we all know they grab anything off floor or outside so he could gotten hold of something that has to work through his system. Also cutting new teeth can make them feel bad. There are some good chew toys by Petstages that go in the freezer that help. Or frozen green fresh beans.
Hoping he feels better soon!!

Old 12-03-2012, 10:45 AM   #20 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Marj
Dog's Name: Bailey and Lady at the Bridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyAndSophiePup View Post
I can deal with 4 months of terrible 2s.. Actually, we'll start obedience in a couple months, that should help

4–6 Months (Juvenile Period)

During this time, your puppy will gain more energy, and become more “mouthy” and restless from the discomfort of teething as the baby teeth begin to fall out and the adult teeth erupt. This will typically occur between 4-6 months of age, but sometimes lasts longer.

Get ready, Ashley! This stage is nothing compared to the Teenage stage Sophie will go through the second half of her first year!

6–12 Months (Adolescent Period)

Hold on tight—your puppy will now be attaining full “puppy power” and will begin test his/her wings! This is usually a difficult time for many puppy parents, but can be a mess for those with puppies that missed early establishment of boundaries, socialization and training.

Your puppy will be likely to have much more energy, spend more time exploring the environment, become easily distracted, and may even seem less interested in you and forgetful of his/her training skills. Just be patient, consistent, and supportive—make sure boundaries are still well in place, review your training, and continue building on your successes.

Puppy Development Stages | Wonder Puppy
Ladysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement