Update on Bianca's seizures. - Page 3 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2012, 11:07 AM   #21 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Celeta
Dog's Name: Steve (a rescue)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarah.siley View Post
I'll get the info when I get home and PM you. Perhaps between the two of us, we can pull some detective work. I'll call Petland as well, and let them know.
I would also inform them in writing as well, with a cc copy sent to the corporate office, more than one copy actually. Also include all the breeder info and diagnosis info. They will probably just offer you a new puppy. But maybe it would apply pressure on them to stop buying from that mill b/c they would have in writing that that mill produces sick dogs, especially if it's known that her disease is inherited. Maybe I'm optimistic. But paper trails are good.

I'm so glad you joined the forum. You will get tons of help here. Your little one is in my prayers! I'm so glad you at least have a diagnosis so she can get the help she needs to get better!
StevieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2012, 11:22 AM   #22 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Marj
Dog's Name: Bailey and Lady at the Bridge

Quote:
I'll get the info when I get home and PM you. Perhaps between the two of us, we can pull some detective work. I'll call Petland as well, and let them know.
Great! I am pretty good at tracking down puppy mills, sometimes even inspection reports.
Ladysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:27 PM   #23 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

So sorry that Bianca is not well , but the best is you got a dx and got her treatment its worse when you do not know what they have and cannot treat them .....
aksm4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:39 PM   #24 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Debbie

I'm so sorry to hear about your Bianca, i will be keeping her in my prayers. Pam (Pammy4501) a member here is very knowledgeable about GME/NME and she can answer most any questions you might have, just send her a private message.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:41 PM   #25 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Lyndsy
Dog's Name: Albert

Sarah prayers are ith you and god bless my boys in a critical state right now ... It's devastating xx
Lynzodolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:33 PM   #26 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Susan
Dog's Name: Tyler

Quote:
Yeah, like I said...they gave me her name, but I had my doubts even when we first bought her. Especially after I tried to do some research and couldn't locate a breeder by that name anywhere. I feel so sorry for all of the puppies there. I know they need and deserve good homes but I don't know if I could ever do it again. I'll have to look at all the papers from when we purchased her to see what they say. I'm sure they won't do anything but say they're sorry and that they can't do anything about it. It makes me very angry to think about it.

We live in Columbus, Ohio. We took her to Med Vet. I read up on her neurologist - he has a lot of background in dealing with these types of conditions. I appreciate everyone's help, support, and suggestions!
Sarah - please promise me in the future that you will never buy a puppy from a pet store again. I know that a recent member got upset with us when we say that, but we're trying to prevent heartache. Any dog can get sick, but ones from puppy mills, and that's what every single pet store carries, are more likely too because they don't care about the breeding just the money. If people didn't buy puppies from pet stores all the puppy mills would go out of business and that's our hope, someday. Rescue or a reputable show breeder is the only way to go.
You've been terrific with Bianca - following your mommy instincts and getting her the help she needs despite what her vet said. With your neurologist's help, medications and your love and care I'm hoping that she has a long, life. I know with you as her mom, she'll have a happy, loved one.

Snowbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:36 PM   #27 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Terry
Dog's Name: Naddie, Quincy, & ( "Angel Missy" 8/11/94-7/19/05 )

I'm so sorry about little Bianca's health problems.... it sounds like she is in very good hands and will be praying the meds will help her !!!
Old 12-05-2012, 10:28 PM   #28 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: I'm Sammy: Piccolina, Bambolina and recently Girlie Dolcina are all playing in Heaven
Dog's Name: Poupetta (Poupe') born MAR 2005, Pallina Valentina born JAN 2012, & "Little Girl" born JUL 2009
Send a message via Yahoo to Piccolina

Please see my PM

Remembering Dolcina with GME

Old 12-05-2012, 10:38 PM   #29 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Marj
Dog's Name: Bailey and Lady at the Bridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piccolina View Post
Please see my PM

Remembering Dolcina with GME

RIP sweet Dolcina.

We have lost too many here on SM to GME/NME. I pray the U of GA finds a genetic marker for this horrible disease soon.
Ladysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:40 PM   #30 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Mane
Dog's Name: Sasha (7/14/99) & Lola Pink (9/20/10)

I'm so sorry to hear about your lil one. I hope the treatment plan works and that she is back to her normal self soon!!! Sending positive thoughts your way!

S&LP'S Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement