Update on Lisa & Ozzie...more humping and now licking? - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2012, 01:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Courtney
Dog's Name: Ozzie (& Lisa @ the bridge)
Question Update on Lisa & Ozzie...more humping and now licking?

I took another video of them playing, this is them actually playing well together. It is pretty long at 5ish minutes, but you can fast forward to the last minute or so to see where things get especially annoying! Sometimes they do get pretty intense with the snarling and nipping! We have to separate them many times...but usually due to Ozzie's humping. It is quite annoying!! But amusing

My question is what is with him licking her back?? Have any of you guys seen this type of behavior before? My bf said he licks her back to try and get her to raise up her backside so he can... you know He says that's why cats lift up their rears when you pet them!

In other news, I made Lisa her own Facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/LisaLeftEyeDog Feel free to "like" it if you so choose! I was prompted due to her popularity at Dog Patch. We even had a neighbor in our condo association recognize her from DP! She said she was going to adopt her!! Good thing we nabbed her when we did!

She is still getting over her mild UTI, and Ozzie is on drops now for his conjunctivitis... not sure why it came back after we treated him with ointment. We washed his harness just to be safe. Still not sure if it was the groomer or what, the bf thinks we should take him back in case it wasn't them... I am not so sure. I guess I don't mind giving them a 2nd chance, but I will be LIVID if he contracts it again. The owner didn't even respond to my email about it...

Other than that, the fluffs are doing well! Still having the occasional accident in the house some of which is probably due to Lisa's UTI, but it's like if we turn our backs for 1 second they seem to pee... or poo and eat it!

CorkieYorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2012, 01:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Oh, also I wanted to point out that he licks her ear....GROSS!! What is that all about?? I must have the weirdest dogs ever...

Old 12-08-2012, 01:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Pam
Dog's Name: Leila

I'm not sure about the licking. I've always heard licking is marking their territory and humping is showing dominance (even girls will do it). But I like to think of licking as being affectionate. When any of mine hump, I try to ignore it and let them work it out on their own even though I don't like to see it. Haha, Ozzie, you've got the wrong end!

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

Leila'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:27 PM   #4 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Yes, the face humping is quite a common occurrence unfortunately... Lisa will try and mount him every once in awhile but he will very quickly put a stop to it. Lisa, on the other hand, will sometimes just sit there chewing on a toy while he is doing the nasty to her... on either end..

Old 12-08-2012, 02:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Name: Laura
Dog's Name: Jasper;Dusty&Ozzy; Alvin,Winston&Angel waiting at the Bridge

Dusty and Jasper take turns being dominant. One week Jasper mounts Dusty all the time, the next week Dusty is all over Jasper's back. It's crazy.

Jasper licks Dusty's face, especially his eyes and his ears every chance he gets. If I am working on Dusty's face Jasper will come over and butt his little face in and start licking Dusty's eyes. Dusty just sits there, not sure if he likes it or just tolerates it. I break it up when I see it. Don't know why he does it, I would find it annoying if I was Dusty though.
Old 12-08-2012, 03:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Name: Maggie
Dog's Name: Sweetness and Tessa

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMyBoys View Post
Dusty and Jasper take turns being dominant. One week Jasper mounts Dusty all the time, the next week Dusty is all over Jasper's back. It's crazy.

Jasper licks Dusty's face, especially his eyes and his ears every chance he gets. If I am working on Dusty's face Jasper will come over and butt his little face in and start licking Dusty's eyes. Dusty just sits there, not sure if he likes it or just tolerates it. I break it up when I see it. Don't know why he
does it, I would find it annoying if I was Dusty though.
Sweetness and Tessa do exactly the same thing with both the humping and the licking. It is actually sort of funny to watch. I do try to stop the humping but I'm sure it goes on when I'm not around too.

I posted this picture a while back of Sweetness licking Tessa - I don't know how she stands it!

Old 12-08-2012, 03:22 PM   #7 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Becky
Send a message via Yahoo to beckinwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggieh View Post
Sweetness and Tessa do exactly the same thing with both the humping and the licking. It is actually sort of funny to watch. I do try to stop the humping but I'm sure it goes on when I'm not around too.

I posted this picture a while back of Sweetness licking Tessa - I don't know how she stands it!

I'm just trying to picture a one-legged dog humping!! I love your girls. They're so sweet.

beckinwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 03:36 PM   #8 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Name: Maggie
Dog's Name: Sweetness and Tessa

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckinwolf View Post
I'm just trying to picture a one-legged dog humping!! I love your girls. They're so sweet.
It is rather funny - since it's a back leg missing, she loses her balance when she gets going fast and starts to fall over! I try not to laugh at her, but it's just too darn silly!
Old 12-08-2012, 03:56 PM   #9 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Tori
Dog's Name: Grace -maltipoo, Gus - poodle mix

Courtney,

Thank you for sharing this video! It's been so nice to see the progression between the two I'm so happy that Ozzie is now playful and no longer looks anxious about playing with Lisa!!!

That is HUGE progress!!!

I honestly think they are just loving each other The licking ... Gus and Grace both lick each other.

The humping.... Some dogs just do it. I wouldn't worry about it so much. Just stop it like you are doing.

But they look so happy and I'm just smiling so much seeing that

Grace (Dec. 4, 2011) & Gus (Dec.15, 2009)

my lyme journey blog: faith, water, & yoga

my lyme video (updated link):
Tick,tick,tick... Time to see Lyme
Grace'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 04:29 PM   #10 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Funny, Ozzie was licking Lisa's eye furiously the other night... it weirded me out!! I only tell him to stop licking her if he is biting her...which sometimes he does

Do your fluffs constantly steal each other's toys too??? Did you notice how I tried enticing them with other toys but they were only interested in the one the other had??!! I find this especially amusing considering Ozzie had NO interest in some of these toys til Lisa came along and started playing with them...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement