Help - Maltese shivering, lip smacking, lethargic - Page 5 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2012, 02:05 PM   #41 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Barbie
Dog's Name: Zoe (Kyra my Angel in Heaven)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmbs View Post
Thanks! I will definitely call the vet and ask about pain options. I finally got through to someone at the grooming/boarding place and am now waiting on the owner to call me back. The person I spoke to initially however made the grave mistake of mentioning that IT HAD HAPPENED BEFORE...just to a cat, who walked on some bleach they use to clean the floors...... we are going to have a lot to talk about.
I can't believe they said that. OMG. Hope your conversation goes well. Most of all I hope little Indy isn't in a lot of pain.

Old 12-10-2012, 02:15 PM   #42 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Brenda
Dog's Name: Jodi

try using a syringe with water if he won't drink. Hold his head gently and hold the syringe at the side of his mouth.
Old 12-10-2012, 02:19 PM   #43 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Courtney
Dog's Name: Ozzie (& Lisa @ the bridge)

OMG I can't believe that... Poor Indy!!!! I am so grateful I have family/friends in the area, because this is exactly what I would be afraid of Don't shelters/boarding places use pet safe cleaners....?? That just seems like a given... Anyways, I hope Indy has a speedy recovery and that his poor little tongue isn't in pain

CorkieYorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:21 PM   #44 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Kathy
Dog's Name: Pipper

OMG, just reading this now. It's bad enough that his tongue was burned and just lucky he wasn't poisoned too. How could they be so careless knowing it has happened before. Poor little guy.

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
You are his life, his love, his leader.
He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

pippersmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:25 PM   #45 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Stacy
Dog's Name: Lucy, Lois, Cookie and Steve
Send a message via Yahoo to bellaratamaltese

Oh I am just horrified by this! DO NOT let them tell you it didn't happen there, that it must have happened after you picked him up. You must be so sad for your little baby!

bellaratamaltese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:54 PM   #46 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Grace
Dog's Name: Daisy

Only seeing this oh my word I hope little Indy is doing better. Have the owners called back what did the day. Sending you hugsxx
WeeGrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:56 PM   #47 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Jackie
Dog's Name: Pippa and Cozette. Dolly and Tiffany are angels at the Bridge

Oh gosh I am just stunned by this! What a horrible experience for you and Indy! I cannot believe someone was so careless as to have something caustic anywhere near where animals would be in contact with it.

I too agree that your poor pup needs something for pain-- I've burnt my tongue before and it is PAINFUL. There are medication options available that should work, so ask your vet to give you something. You don't want him to suffer anymore than necessary.

socalyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:49 PM   #48 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Tori
Dog's Name: Grace -maltipoo, Gus - poodle mix

Quote:
Chemical burn... 3/4 his tongue has no skin. I couldn't tell last night I guess because it was dark when I picked him up. So incredibly crazy and I am so relieved its not worse. Nothing was in his liver and his blood work was fine except for a high white blood count which makes sense given the bad burns. The vet believes it was likely the disinfectant the boarder used to clean the kennel. I have not been able to reach the boarder yet, but am about to call again and discuss this with them...just thankful right now that he's alive and organs are functioning fine...
Poor Indy.... I'm sad thinking about how long he may have been in pain with a burnt tongue at the boarders

Here you are trusting them with your love and they are careless. Especially since it happened before!

I'd be calling a news station and telling them about it.... This is a big time of year when people board their pets. This place should be stopped.

And write a review on Yelp.

I'd tell the boarding place they need to pay for his vet bills!

Grace (Dec. 4, 2011) & Gus (Dec.15, 2009)

my lyme journey blog: faith, water, & yoga

my lyme video (updated link):
Tick,tick,tick... Time to see Lyme
Grace'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:33 PM   #49 (permalink)

Name: Tiffany
Dog's Name: Indy

It is heartbreaking! And yes, I'm going to tell them to pay his bills. It's ridiculous. I just ran home to check on him and the prednisone shot and pain meds (when I called vet to check about pain meds they told me he was already given some) apparently set in because he was a little more lively. Still refusing to drink water and not happy, but when I opened the wet dog food from the vet he perked up. He loved the first bowl so much I had to give him a little more- with a good bit of added water mixed in! - and he ate it all! I had to attach the below picture of his food face because it just killed me to turn around and see his face, especially after the last 24 hours! Help - Maltese shivering, lip smacking, lethargic-imageuploadedbypg-free1355171583.202327.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
tmbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:39 PM   #50 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Barbie
Dog's Name: Zoe (Kyra my Angel in Heaven)

Quote:
It is heartbreaking! And yes, I'm going to tell them to pay his bills. It's ridiculous. I just ran home to check on him and the prednisone shot and pain meds (when I called vet to check about pain meds they told me he was already given some) apparently set in because he was a little more lively. Still refusing to drink water and not happy, but when I opened the wet dog food from the vet he perked up. He loved the first bowl so much I had to give him a little more- with a good bit of added water mixed in! - and he ate it all! I had to attach the below picture of his food face because it just killed me to turn around and see his face, especially after the last 24 hours! Attachment 105595

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
That is too cute!! He really enjoyed his meal.... Hugs to you and Indy.