Help - Maltese shivering, lip smacking, lethargic - Page 6 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2012, 04:03 PM   #51 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Grace
Dog's Name: Daisy

Hehe good to see he enjoyed his dinner and feeling somewhat better. Please do follow this up cannot believe this happened to you. We never use bleach on our floors always foggy friendly cleaning things.
WeeGrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2012, 04:04 PM   #52 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Lisa
Dog's Name: Maizy

awhhhhh after the rough 24 hours you have had its so lovely to see that messy face he looks like he is smiling!
Old 12-10-2012, 04:05 PM   #53 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Tori
Dog's Name: Grace -maltipoo, Gus - poodle mix

Hope you heal fast Indy!

Grace (Dec. 4, 2011) & Gus (Dec.15, 2009)

my lyme journey blog: faith, water, & yoga

my lyme video (updated link):
Tick,tick,tick... Time to see Lyme
Grace'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:20 PM   #54 (permalink)

Name: Jojo
Dog's Name: Daisy & Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmbs View Post
It is heartbreaking! And yes, I'm going to tell them to pay his bills. It's ridiculous. I just ran home to check on him and the prednisone shot and pain meds (when I called vet to check about pain meds they told me he was already given some) apparently set in because he was a little more lively. Still refusing to drink water and not happy, but when I opened the wet dog food from the vet he perked up. He loved the first bowl so much I had to give him a little more- with a good bit of added water mixed in! - and he ate it all! I had to attach the below picture of his food face because it just killed me to turn around and see his face, especially after the last 24 hours! Attachment 105595

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Love this pic! He looks so happy, he looks like he's smiling, even though his poor little puppy tongue is hurt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace'sMom View Post
Poor Indy.... I'm sad thinking about how long he may have been in pain with a burnt tongue at the boarders

Here you are trusting them with your love and they are careless. Especially since it happened before!

I'd be calling a news station and telling them about it.... This is a big time of year when people board their pets. This place should be stopped.

And write a review on Yelp.

I'd tell the boarding place they need to pay for his vet bills!

THIS!! Your poor baby! Glad he's feeling good enough to eat a little bit now. It breaks my heart as well, who knows how long he was in pain before you came to take him home. It could have been a few hours or a few days. Too bad our pets can't talk.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:56 PM   #55 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Susan
Dog's Name: Tyler

Tiffany - I'm so sorry that poor Indie is suffering like this. I think there are a lot of nerve receptors on the tongue so it must have been so hard on him. I classically like really hot pizza that burns my mouth (idiot that I am but to me it's not pizza unless it's burning hot) and darn if it doesn't hurt like crazy. I'm glad he got to the vet and I know the pred will help with the inflammation and the antibiotics will help if there's infection so he should do well. Getting fluids under the skin is not big deal so if that's needed don't worry. So happy that he ate...apparently with gusto.
Sending lots of hugs and kisses to you both.

Snowbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:20 PM   #56 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Marie
Dog's Name: Snowball

Oh, gosh ... look at those precious eyes!! He is so darn adorable! I am really surprised he can eat with the burns on his tongue ... the meds must be very powerful.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:28 PM   #57 (permalink)
TLR
Maltese Guru

Name: Tracey
Dog's Name: Ben

Oh dear so glad he is doing better. I would never have thought to look in the mouth. See we always learn something new here.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:03 PM   #58 (permalink)

Name: Tiffany
Dog's Name: Indy

Thank y'all so much for all the responses and tips. I feel a lot less crazy reading y'all's comments!! It's been a bit of ****, and I can't even imagine how long my poor baby suffered before I picked him up. He is doing better tonight and even barked! (Wonderful sound after no barking or sounds in the last 24 hours) I still haven't spoken with the owner of the boarding place, but will let you know. I'm just so happy he's "eating" the wet/liquid diet from the vet!! Do y'all recommend any particular wet food for the days to come? He's apparently not going to be able to eat his normal hard food (we use solid gold) for the next few weeks.

tmbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:14 PM   #59 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Marie
Dog's Name: Snowball

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmbs View Post
Thank y'all so much for all the responses and tips. I feel a lot less crazy reading y'all's comments!! It's been a bit of ****, and I can't even imagine how long my poor baby suffered before I picked him up. He is doing better tonight and even barked! (Wonderful sound after no barking or sounds in the last 24 hours) I still haven't spoken with the owner of the boarding place, but will let you know. I'm just so happy he's "eating" the wet/liquid diet from the vet!! Do y'all recommend any particular wet food for the days to come? He's apparently not going to be able to eat his normal hard food (we use solid gold) for the next few weeks.

If it were me, I would be careful about adding new foods right now. I think too many changes could cause loose BM's, etc.

It's wonderful to know he is feeling better today! And, happy to hear he is barking again .. LOL
Old 12-10-2012, 08:20 PM   #60 (permalink)

Name: Tiffany
Dog's Name: Indy

I agree- but he can't eat his hard food, so I don't know what else to do. I'll definitely see if solid gold has a wet option though, very true.

tmbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement