Update: Poor Biscuit is back in ER - Page 11 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2012, 02:52 PM   #101 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Lyndsy
Dog's Name: Albert

Prayers still for biscuit , uncle vinh and auntie Ann from wee Albert , and lyndsy xx

Old 12-12-2012, 10:10 PM   #102 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Vinh & Ann
Dog's Name: Biscuit (waiting for Mommy and Daddy @Rainbow Bridge) & lil Pork Chop
Send a message via AIM to vinhle68 Send a message via Yahoo to vinhle68

Day-4 since seizure's repeat on Biscuit! :-) As you can see I'm in a joyest mood as ever! I have great news on Biscuit to share with his SM Uncles and Aunties.

Dr. Windsor latest update was that Biscuit is now on all fours, not 100% steady yet, but he got up and try to stagger around inside his mid-size cage! mostly bumping and tipping over as we goes.

Due to his great progress and responsiveness to the new medication, probably due the Phenobarbital, the doctor have also remove him off of the Valium all together. The greatest news of the day is that if he continue the forward progress and no further seizure relapse, he will be coming home with his Mommy and Daddy this Friday!

Most joyest to hear is that Biscuit is eating like a champ! hahaha after 3 days of no food I can see why Fatty is chowing down some grubs! The staff is only feeding him liquid food and most likely that will be what he'll eat for a few weeks until he is strong enough to eat solid food.

Dr. Windsor also add that the amount of Cytosar (chemotherapy) drug being administered is so very little, she don't think we have to worry about all of the potential side effects or pre-caution when handling and taking care of Biscuit.

She also add that he's not completely out of harm's way yet and the road to recovery will take time and great cares for our boy. Biscuit will need to come in every two week to continue the chemotherapy sessions, and as time pass and his condition continue to improves (meaning no seizures) the period in which he needs to perform the chemotherapy will gradually be extended further apart.

We had intended to visit him today but Ann change her mind as she did consult with Dr. Windsor about potentially adding unnecessary stress to Biscuit at this critical recovery time if he sees her. So we agreed to hold off visit until Friday when he can come home with us. A huge weight and worry is now off our shoulders and have turn to joy and anxiousness to soon be with our pride and joy and having him home again with us.

None of this would be possible without the overwhelming supports, prayers, and well wishes from Biscuit's SM Aunties and Uncles!

We'll post new pictures of our Biscuit shortly when he's coming home this Friday!

Loves and hugs....Vinh & Ann & Biscuit!

(Lil Biscuit @rainbow bridge, Lil Pork Chop 16weeks old)

Vinh & Ann
San Jose, California
vinhle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:12 PM   #103 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Marj
Dog's Name: Bailey and Lady at the Bridge

Great news! I will continue to pray for you, Biscuit and Anne.
Ladysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:27 PM   #104 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Debbie

Vinh, that is just wonderful news!!! I will continue to keep you, Ann and Biscuit in my prayers.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:31 PM   #105 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Glenda
Dog's Name: Madison, Axel and Paxton
Send a message via AIM to Madison's Mom

Fantastic news!
Old 12-12-2012, 10:42 PM   #106 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Barbie
Dog's Name: Zoe (Kyra my Angel in Heaven)

Vibh and Ann....I am crying right now reading your post. YIPPEEE!! I am so happy and overjoyed with his progress. This is fantastic and I cannot imagine how happy you both are that he will be home soon. I think the vets who are managing him right now are fantastic. For the past week I have waited for your posts to see how things are going. So happy for you all and cannot wait until your baby is home with you both again. YEAH!!!!!!!!!!! Hugs to you!!!! : )
Old 12-13-2012, 01:51 AM   #107 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Vinh & Ann
Dog's Name: Biscuit (waiting for Mommy and Daddy @Rainbow Bridge) & lil Pork Chop
Send a message via AIM to vinhle68 Send a message via Yahoo to vinhle68

Awwe Barbara, it's a blessing to have you as a friend here and thank you for keeping all of us, especially Biscuit, in your thoughts and prayers! God blessed you and your little love ones.

We'll continue to provide update on Biscuit as we approach Friday and beyond.

(Lil Biscuit @rainbow bridge, Lil Pork Chop 16weeks old)

Vinh & Ann
San Jose, California
vinhle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:08 AM   #108 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: sandi
Dog's Name: Kitzel & Liesl

I know you are both on cloud 9, and w/all feet firmly planted in hope!
I had a little guy on phenobarb almost the entire (almost) 17 yrs. of his life. The vets kept trying to change it, but finally decided it wasn't worth all the trouble it would bring on when they did that! That was a long time ago & I know they use other drugs today that were not available then, but I am very happy for the results. He did continue to seizure, but not as often until the end. He lived a LONG & relatively happy life!

So, Friday will be a big day here! I know you are so ready to bring Biscuit home. It really is amazing how he is responding! Praying for happy days.
part of their soul remains unawakened."
"Wag more Bark less"
edelweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:53 AM   #109 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Marisa
Dog's Name: Obi (Bellarata's You Better Believe It) & Owen (Aria Maltese)

I'm so happy that biscuit is doing better!!! What a strong little Fatty :-) hehee! I hope he continues to make great progress :-)
hoaloha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:25 AM   #110 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Name: Maggie
Dog's Name: Sweetness and Tessa

That is wonderful news!!! I hope your baby continues to improve day by day!
Advertisement