Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

Update: Poor Biscuit is back in ER

12K views 167 replies 55 participants last post by  pammy4501 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello SM Family,

We are sad to report that poor little Biscuit is back in ER again and is in critical condition and under close observation. He started to experience very light and minor seizure activities yesterday and we rush him into the ER right away. His condition throughout last night was supposedly minor with several repeat of light twitching of his head, overly salivating at the mouth, and occasionally runs around in a clockwise pattern.

However, the light seizure continue throughout today and at around 6PM PST when we were on our way to visit him, things turn for the worst where the seizure started to worsen and more constant where the emergency staff had to make a quick decision to fully sedated him so the activities would stop. The sad and heartbreaking part is when Ann and I came in to visit him, while we thought he was completely out due to the medication, he actually try to wake up because we thinks he senses us there mostly for his momma, and it was hard to see how he was twitching uncontrollably. His mouth was clapping as well. Ann broke down in tears and all I can do is consulted her.

At this point we are told to wait it out and hopefully the heavy medication will stop the seizure and allow Biscuit to rest. It's going to be a long and tough night for the both of us not knowing what will be the outcome. There is hope that tomorrow he would be stabilize enough for us to transfers him down to the ER facilities more closer to home and that we will be resuming the treatment with the original neurologist.
I'm sorry for the long email but I felt as I need to share this with someone. Please join us in prayers for our boy to tough it out through this.

Blessing...:prayer:

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Dear Vinh and Ann ... my heart and prayers go out to you and your beloved and darling Biscuit. I am so sorry you have to go through the pain of seeing your precious little fluff baby suffer with the seizures.

You are not alone ... so, please do not apologize for anything. Your SM family is here for you. Please keep us updated. I will pray that you will be able to transfer Biscuit closer to your home and neurologist tomorrow.

I love the name Biscuit. I have a close friend whose dog is also named Biscuit.

Hugs and prayers for all of you.

#16 ·
Vinh and Ann, I am adding my prayers to the others that Biscuit will be all right and get through this stressful time. My little Maltese named Dolly had seizures after she got pancreatitis, so I know how horrible it is to watch. Please let us know how Biscuit is doing when you get an update. Our hearts ache for you.

#17 ·
Sending you Vinh & dear Ann all my heart-felt concern today! I am so sad to hear about your little guy landing in the ER again. I know you must be so distraught! It is so difficult to feel helpless, but there is always hope! He is a little fighter, for sure.
Try to keep positive as it will help him---pups are so in tune w/our feelings.
We ALL send you a group hug and will be praying diligently for wisdom for your care gives, skill and much strength for you both. Please keep us up-dated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.