Update: Poor Biscuit is back in ER - Page 15 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2012, 09:41 PM   #141 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Laurie
Dog's Name: My Triple Threat - Lily, Addie, Jackson, Luci Mae at the bridge

Prayers to you, Ann, and the sweet boy. I hope that you can make arrangements to see Dr Sisson.
ladodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2012, 12:13 AM   #142 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Vinh & Ann
Dog's Name: Biscuit (waiting for Mommy and Daddy @Rainbow Bridge) & lil Pork Chop
Send a message via AIM to vinhle68 Send a message via Yahoo to vinhle68
Default Welcome home Biscuit!

Happy Saturday SM Family! Aka: Biscuitís Team!

Iím happy to report that Biscuit is finally home with his Mommy and Daddy!

He is still weak, heavily sedated, and still not fully 100% yet mostly due to the recent severe seizures. The doctor said his eye sight is not 100% and that it will take a few daysí possibly even 1-2weeks to see if the vision improves.

Weíre told to only feed him small portion of soft food and to monitor is peeing and pooping activities and schedule. Heís still very unstable on all fours mostly stumbling and falling as he goes. We were told that if his strength is not fully recover, and that he lies down all the time, then to give him several sets of therapy exercises per day to stimulate and condition his muscles.

Currently he is prescribed (3) meds; two type of anti-seizure Keppra and Phenobarbital, and increase 2x dose of Prednisone steroids. He has been seizure free since last Wed which is great news and progress.

It's true that once your pet come home from a long period away, he gets very anxious and excited, and pees and poops constantly.

If anyone wants to know about the full diagnosis and prognosis, please let me know and Iíll be happy to post them. Donít want to bore everyone with too many details. We're finally happy and at rest with our boy home by ourside. Now the road to recovery begins and getting Biscuit ready for a flight trip to Boston!
Attached Thumbnails
Update:  Poor Biscuit is back in ER-20121215_155112.jpg   Update:  Poor Biscuit is back in ER-20121215_173635.jpg   Update:  Poor Biscuit is back in ER-20121215_174248.jpg   Update:  Poor Biscuit is back in ER-20121215_174503.jpg   Update:  Poor Biscuit is back in ER-20121215_174521.jpg  

Update:  Poor Biscuit is back in ER-20121215_201042.jpg  

(Lil Biscuit @rainbow bridge, Lil Pork Chop 16weeks old)

Vinh & Ann
San Jose, California
vinhle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 02:47 AM   #143 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: sandi
Dog's Name: Kitzel & Liesl

Oh Vinh & Ann I am so happy for you and your baby today!!!!! Welcome Home little guy!
I love the pix and esp. the first one---holding in loving arms will also bring a measure of healing.
I think I speak for everyone here when I say we can't get enough info on your baby and this illness---it is an education we would not choose but one we ALL need to know as much about as possible, so fire away! To me that is the essential importance of a forum such as this.
Please know we hold you up in prayer as you prepare for your trip to see the good doctor. Team Biscuit will be there w/you, well, in spirit at least! I know you are doing all you can and I commend you both! Blessings & traveling mercies!
part of their soul remains unawakened."
"Wag more Bark less"
edelweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 03:55 AM   #144 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Hi there. Your Bisciut is adorable. Has the vet told you he has GME or NME? If you are planning on seeing Dr. Sisson it sounds like that might be the case. I had a dog with GME and it is treatable, but can be difficult to control. Dr. Sisson has a very aggressive GME protocol. He has had remarkable success with it. The aim of this therapy is to control the brain inflamation with prednisone and chemotherapy drugs. Here is Dr. Sissons info:

The Team

Here is a forum for dog owners of GME dogs. This specific forum is a Sisson board. They will send you info on the protocol when you join the group.

NewGMEDogs : NewGMEDogs

It's good that you have seen a Neurologist. But they don't all have the same approach to GME treatment. It is a reliefe to me that they started the Cytosar. Cytosar is one of the chemo drugs that is an immuniosupresant. GME is in most cases an auto immune disease that causes the encephalitis. Did Biscuit have an MRI? I hope so. But, if not he can still be treated. Dr. Sisson will need all of that info.

Here is some more info on GME:

Granulomatous Meningoencephalitis

Please feel free to PM me if you have specific questions. I sincerly hope you can find answers for your little Biscuit. This is a devastating disease.

Please donate to GME reseach.
Lola's GME Research Fund
http://maf.convio.net/goto/lolagme.fund
pammy4501 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 06:25 AM   #145 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Lyndsy
Dog's Name: Albert

Awww wee biscuit glad to see your home with your mamma . An papa , come on little man pick up like Albert has u can do it ... So glad no seizures since Wednesday ann and vinh prayers are with you xxx
Old 12-16-2012, 07:07 AM   #146 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Oh God Bless little Biscuit. So glad that he was able to come home with you. My Prayers will continue for him and you too.
Snuggle's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:13 AM   #147 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Name: Maggie
Dog's Name: Sweetness and Tessa

So glad your baby is home! Prayers that he continues to improve.
Old 12-16-2012, 07:14 AM   #148 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Bridget
Dog's Name: Lady Bella (and Katie & Lucky at The Bridge)

Biscuit you sweetheart, we are all SO glad you are home! Nothing better than the love of your parents to heal you right up. Big hugs to you tiny one.

"A weed is just a plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered."
Summergirl73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:45 AM   #149 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Terry
Dog's Name: Naddie, Quincy, & ( "Angel Missy" 8/11/94-7/19/05 )

Ahh seeing little Biscuit at home brought tears to my eyes! What a lil' darlin'. Will be continuing the prayers for him.
He's so blessed to have such awesome parents!!
Old 12-16-2012, 09:17 AM   #150 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Robin
Dog's Name: Phoebe Trixibell (adopted) and Griffin (Bonnie's Angel)

Welcome home sweet boy! God has blessed you with wonderful parents who are taking such good care of you. I will be praying for your full recovery every single day. You are a very precious little boy.

I would hate to live in a world without dogs, glass, or wine...
MoonDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement