Update: Poor Biscuit is back in ER - Page 6 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2012, 09:24 PM   #51 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Michelle
Dog's Name: Maisie Rose

for your precious baby boy and for you and Ann
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2012, 10:23 PM   #52 (permalink)

Name: Susan
Dog's Name: Mia

Yall are in our thoughts and prayers.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:11 AM   #53 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Claire
Dog's Name: Ta-Jon's Blazin Hot Firecracker

Vinh & Ann....please know we all hurt with you over Biscuit's health issues. He's so precious. Many are praying for him and you.

I pray they can help this little guy. We know how hard it is to see them sick; it's devastating. I feel so bad for what you are going thru.

Malt Shoppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:12 AM   #54 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Susan
Dog's Name: Tyler

Just came on and saw that poor Biscuit is going through these terrible seizures. I"m praying that he will respond to the new medication. It has to be so very hard to see him going through what he has. Don't give up hope and I know, if the time comes, you will put him ahead of all else. This just isn't fair.

Snowbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:18 AM   #55 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Debbie

Vinh and Ann just came to see if there was an update on Biscuit and to let you know that Biscuit, you and Ann continue to be in my prayers.
Old 12-11-2012, 01:19 AM   #56 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Lyndsy
Dog's Name: Albert

My thoughts and prayers are with you and Ann and poor wee biscuit xxx
Lynzodolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:46 AM   #57 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: sandi
Dog's Name: Kitzel & Liesl

Holding out hope for our little guy and his loving family. . . please take care of each other & let us know how you ALL are. . . hugs.
part of their soul remains unawakened."
"Wag more Bark less"
edelweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:47 AM   #58 (permalink)

Name: Sylvia
Dog's Name: Isabella Anne

I will keep Biscuit and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Isabella's Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:15 AM   #59 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Jackie
Dog's Name: Pippa and Cozette. Dolly and Tiffany are angels at the Bridge

Ann and Vinh, little Biscuit is still in my prayers-- as are you. I know how hard this is, but medicine can help and miracles do happen. Hugs to you both.

socalyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:24 AM   #60 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Vinh & Ann
Dog's Name: Biscuit (waiting for Mommy and Daddy @Rainbow Bridge) & lil Pork Chop
Send a message via AIM to vinhle68 Send a message via Yahoo to vinhle68

Hello to all of our extended SM family! I have just got caught up to everyone's prayers and well wishes for Biscuit and for us, and it really took a big weight off my shoulder and knowing that there is always hope for our little boys through everyone caring and positive outlook.

Here is the latest on our boy Biscuit. From my last update, Biscuit did experience one moderate seizure episode around 8-9am this morning and this is roughly 1hr after they started to administer the new Cytosar chemotherapy medication. Since then and throughout the day and until our last visit this evening which is around 9-10pm he has not experienced any further seizure repeats! Just this update alone is giving Ann and I hope, as well as the team of experts treating Biscuit, that it could be a positive response to the new medication. However it is still too early to tell and we are now looking forward to every hour and each day progressing.

We were able to speak to his current specialize medical doctor, and his original neurologist today to get a fair assessment of the current and future outlook for our boy. They all are hopeful, in high spirits, and at the same time gave us an honest and fair assessment. Biscuit condition is extremely serious and considers threatening with little chance of full recovery. However, they did give him a fair 50/50 chance to have a positive outcome from the treatment. The have also prepare us for the worse case which is to decide if we want to proceed with the risky surgery if and once we reach that stage.

The great news is that during our afternoon visit today, Biscuit was fully sedated and sound asleep resting with no further indication of seizure activity. When Ann started to comfort him, we can tell even in his deep sedated state, he can feel, hear, and smell the sense of his mom and he was indirectly responding. A little while afterward during the visit he actually forces himself to open his eyes so he can just peek at his mommy! We both were overwhelmed with a moment of relief, and then naturally of course were down to great grief seeing out boy in this condition. But we did follow your recommendation and try our best to contain our sad feelings and try to be as positive and encouraging as we comfort the little guy.

During the late evening visit, we were astound that Biscuit was actually seem to be progressing positively and he was actually lying there still 75% sedated but his eyes was open and he was simply lying there staring around. Again, he immediately show signs that he recognize his mommy and me and we can tell as we start to talk and comfort him, his eyes and ears moves which indicate he's responding. We had to take a break from the visit to make way for other activities but when Ann return again for a last few minutes of time with him, he was actually trying to stand up with his two front paws but he keep slipping cause of the anesthesia. LOL it was funny and heartwarming to watch but also sad at the same time. The nurse was actually worry cause the last time he tries to sit up was because we were leading into a seizure episode. However that did not happen and once we got home we call back to check on him and still he is free of any repeat of seizure activities. This is very promising everyone and we're hopeful and praying that the Cytosar is actually having a promising and positive response. What the doctors are intending to do is to start lowering the level of PropoFlo as Biscuit continue to response well to the Cytosar. The goal is to take him completely off PropoFlo.

Ann and I originally had plan to flight with Biscuit into New Orleans to visit Ann's family for Christmas and to also celebrate her youngest sister's wedding. We did consulted with the doctors on this and it is recommend that Biscuit should not travel anytime soon so we are making arrangement either cancel the trip all together or depending on how well Biscuit gets, we could possibly have him stay with the medical staff for 2-3 days while we fly in, celebrate the wedding, and get home to our boy. We're not fond of this plan especially to be away from our boy for 2-3 days when he needs us most so we're still considering a full cancelation. This is not flying well with my in-laws but in my opinion, they will have to understand and accepts our decision! :-)

I'll post some pictures we've taken from the afternoon and evening visit so share with our extended SM family! Biscuit send his love, hugs, and thanks for all of your well wishes and prayers!
Attached Thumbnails
Update:  Poor Biscuit is back in ER-biscuit_afternoon_visit1_12-11-12.jpg   Update:  Poor Biscuit is back in ER-biscuit_afternoon_visit11_12-11-12.jpg   Update:  Poor Biscuit is back in ER-biscuit_afternoon_visit15_12-11-12.jpg   Update:  Poor Biscuit is back in ER-biscuit_afternoon_visit16_12-11-12.jpg   Update:  Poor Biscuit is back in ER-biscuit_evening_visit1_12-11-12.jpg  

Update:  Poor Biscuit is back in ER-biscuit_evening_visit2_12-11-12.jpg   Update:  Poor Biscuit is back in ER-biscuit_evening_visit6_12-11-12.jpg  

(Lil Biscuit @rainbow bridge, Lil Pork Chop 16weeks old)

Vinh & Ann
San Jose, California
vinhle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement