Update: Poor Biscuit is back in ER - Page 9 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2012, 07:20 PM   #81 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: jill
Dog's Name: P.Dink
Send a message via AIM to chichi
Heart

I am so sorry to hear about little Biscuit, But am so happy that it sounds like he is improving a little bit. I will pray that he continues to get better and you can bring him home.
chichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2012, 07:41 PM   #82 (permalink)

I'm really sorry to hear that your baby has been sick. I pray that he feels better soon. Have they come up with a diagnosis yet?

I read that rosemary can cause some toy dogs to have seizures. I have no clue what your baby eats, but Many dog foods do contain rosemary. But of course there are many things that can cause seizures. I thought though I should pass on the information about rosemary because many people aren't aware of it. Feel better biscuit. Hugs
summer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:49 PM   #83 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Marj
Dog's Name: Bailey and Lady at the Bridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer View Post
I'm really sorry to hear that your baby has been sick. I pray that he feels better soon. Have they come up with a diagnosis yet?

I read that rosemary can cause some toy dogs to have seizures. I have no clue what your baby eats, but Many dog foods do contain rosemary. But of course there are many things that can cause seizures. I thought though I should pass on the information about rosemary because many people aren't aware of it. Feel better biscuit. Hugs
Unfortunately, Biscuit was diagnosed with encephalitis recently:

Sharing Medical Info on Biscuit's Recent Seizure Condition
Ladysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:27 PM   #84 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Sylvia
Dog's Name: MiMi, Ray and RuRu

I am so happy to hear that dear little Biscuit is doing better. I continue to hope for all full recovery, or at least management of this condition.

I know it doesn't really count, but I give you full permission to cancel your trip. Seeing how he responds to Ann's presence, I think it is really important for both of you to be there for him. If you were to take this trip, and Biscuit went down hill, whether or not it was due to you absence, you would feel guilty forever. You would break down in sobs and pain for years to come...possibly after the marriage you attended ended. (Sorry, I have been to weddings of marriages that lasted less than two years.) Perhaps, you can promise to attend their first, or tenth anniversary instead. I'm just offering an opinion...just in case it helps.
Oh, the pictures were wonderful to see. Biscuit has such a sweet little face...his aunties just love him to pieces.
Be well, sweet baby.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:13 PM   #85 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Barbie
Dog's Name: Zoe (Kyra my Angel in Heaven)

Hoping all is well with Biscuit tonight. My prayers are with all of you. Please keep us posted. HUGS!!!!!!
Old 12-11-2012, 11:29 PM   #86 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Susan
Dog's Name: Tyler

Sounds like Biscuit is doing better. You must be so glad considering all the seizures from before. I know it's all guarded but praying that he does well. I don't think I could leave at this time while Biscuit's going through this. Would you really enjoy yourselves? I think not.

Snowbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:41 AM   #87 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Vinh & Ann
Dog's Name: Biscuit (waiting for Mommy and Daddy @Rainbow Bridge) & lil Pork Chop
Send a message via AIM to vinhle68 Send a message via Yahoo to vinhle68

Good Evening SM Family!

Another day another update on our boy Biscuit. We just got back from an hour visit with our boy. Things are definitely looking promising each hour and day forward. Biscuit is blessed to have all of the support and prayers from his SM Aunties and Uncles!

He is also blessed today with the involvement of another Neurologist Dr. Rebecca Windsor and she is adding some new perspective to the diagnosis, prognosis, and additional treatment options. The great news is that she doesn’t believe surgery is necessary for Biscuit at this time.

She said her goal is to get Biscuit completely off the PropoFol Anesthesia because she doesn’t like the idea of having him on that for lengthy period simply to contain the seizures. So as of today she has introduce a second anti-seizure medication Phenobarbital and another drug which I don’t have the name yet but will update once I can talk to the doctor.

This morning as the doctor started Biscuit on the new treatment process, they also try lowering his PropoFol level down to .25% in which Biscuit did experience a mild seizure, so they immediately brought him back up to .50% which eventual stop the seizure from repeating.

At the time we got in to visit him today, we found out that as of 4PM today he was completely off the PropoFol and has not experience any seizure! Yay!!! I translate this as great forward process! Having said that the new treatment and meds continue to heavily sedated Biscuit but he seem to be resting comfortably and his vital signs are all normal. He is having slight problem cycling fresh air into his lung probably due to his sedated condition and when he shifted his head in the wrong position, it interfere with the airflow. So to help with this the boy got a device that flow oxygen right next to him! What an amazing staff of professionals! SAGE staffs are very professional, sincere, and cares about their customers’ love ones.

Ann and I actually brought 2 sets of Holiday Gift Sets for the morning and evening staff today! Just to show our gratitude, appreciation, and mostly accommodating and tolerating us! :-)

It’s funny someone say pets are tuned to their owners cause every time Ann walk in to visit and Biscuit hears her voice, we notice he immediately try to response even in his sedated stage! It warms our hearts each and every time we see Biscuit responding to our present so it’s a long but promising path ahead and we can’t wait to get our boy home with us.

p.s. yes we are now 99% sure we will be canceling the trip so we can be here for our boy during his critical fight for his life. Thanks for all of your perspectives and encouragements.
Attached Thumbnails
Update:  Poor Biscuit is back in ER-20121211_210328.jpg   Update:  Poor Biscuit is back in ER-20121211_211629.jpg   Update:  Poor Biscuit is back in ER-20121211_211337.jpg   Update:  Poor Biscuit is back in ER-20121211_213110.jpg  

(Lil Biscuit @rainbow bridge, Lil Pork Chop 16weeks old)

Vinh & Ann
San Jose, California

Last edited by vinhle68; 12-12-2012 at 02:46 AM.
vinhle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:40 AM   #88 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Lyndsy
Dog's Name: Albert

Vihn and Ann my dear friends I have left you a long detailed message on my thread welcome home Albert from which you replied to me with the kindest sweetest message .. Come on little biscuit !! We're all rooting for you little baby keep your chin up both of you my heart is so heavy for you both xxx
Old 12-12-2012, 04:06 AM   #89 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Pam
Dog's Name: Leila

Aww, that sweet little boy! He sure is a fighter! I'm still praying he continues to improve and can be back home with you soon. He looks so sweet laying there in those pictures. Thank you for sharing them with us. From the looks of his hair, it looks like it's also being cared for too. I would've expected it to extra messy from the seizures and laying around. I know it's not important compared to the seriousness of what he is going through, but the little things can also help you know the total puppy is being cared for. I'm glad they were able to wean him off the propofol and hope the antiseizure medications work well for him.

Leila'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:17 AM   #90 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Laura
Dog's Name: Sammy

What a gorgeous little fluff. I hope your little Biscuit gets better really soon, and I'll keep Biscuit in my prayers x
Advertisement