Both Vomiting Bile? - Page 2 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2012, 12:39 PM   #11 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Susan
Dog's Name: Tyler

Tyler's one of those sleepy heads too. He's in no rush to eat b'fast at any time. Will eat when I make it. Just seems very odd to me that they would BOTH spit up. One, yeah, two, strange. What kind of food are they eating? Was it a new bag? Just wondering. Hope they will feel fine, Cory.

Snowbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2012, 12:40 PM   #12 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Bridget
Dog's Name: Lady Bella (and Katie & Lucky at The Bridge)

Hope they are feeling better Cory. I just discovered 2 little places in our bedroom where it appears Bella has done the same recently. This is where she watches us come and go from the driveway and now I wonder if she could be getting overly upset . I'll be keeping an eye on that. ..... Anyway, a bit of bile isn't anything too much to worry over. They probably caught a little bug or something and it ran its course. Please keep us posted on how your beautiful babies are doing.

"A weed is just a plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered."
Summergirl73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:36 PM   #13 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Cory
Dog's Name: Bibu and Kissy
Send a message via Skype™ to Bibu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbody View Post
Tyler's one of those sleepy heads too. He's in no rush to eat b'fast at any time. Will eat when I make it. Just seems very odd to me that they would BOTH spit up. One, yeah, two, strange. What kind of food are they eating? Was it a new bag? Just wondering. Hope they will feel fine, Cory.
I'm glad my kids aren't the only sleepy heads! I thought it was strange too when I saw both vomited. I have been feeding this bag since last Friday but with no problems at all. They are now sleeping again. Kissy is passed out on my lap and Bibu in his bed next to my desk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summergirl73 View Post
Hope they are feeling better Cory. I just discovered 2 little places in our bedroom where it appears Bella has done the same recently. This is where she watches us come and go from the driveway and now I wonder if she could be getting overly upset . I'll be keeping an eye on that. ..... Anyway, a bit of bile isn't anything too much to worry over. They probably caught a little bug or something and it ran its course. Please keep us posted on how your beautiful babies are doing.
Poor Bella. Do you think she might vomit from being nervous b/c of you leaving? Have you tried leaving something to entertain her while you're gone? Like a stuffed Kong toy? This might not cause her to see you drive away. I always get nautious before important events like a job interview. I used to get nervous on my first couple of dates with my DH. Thank goodness we're married now!
Old 12-12-2012, 01:46 PM   #14 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Jackie
Dog's Name: Pippa and Cozette. Dolly and Tiffany are angels at the Bridge

Cozette will vomit bile when it has been too long since she last ate. I learned a hard lesson with that! Then she will usually refuse to eat, so it becomes a cycle. Anyway, I'm guessing that is all it is. Sometimes if I expect her to sleep longer (ie, I want to sleep in, LOL) I'll give her a Gerber hot dog just before bed so it won't be such a long stretch without food.

socalyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:56 PM   #15 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Cory
Dog's Name: Bibu and Kissy
Send a message via Skype™ to Bibu

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalyte View Post
Cozette will vomit bile when it has been too long since she last ate. I learned a hard lesson with that! Then she will usually refuse to eat, so it becomes a cycle. Anyway, I'm guessing that is all it is. Sometimes if I expect her to sleep longer (ie, I want to sleep in, LOL) I'll give her a Gerber hot dog just before bed so it won't be such a long stretch without food.
Mmmm...a Gerber hot dog sounds delish! Good idea and thanks for the tip Jackie!
Old 12-12-2012, 02:21 PM   #16 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Tori
Dog's Name: Grace -maltipoo, Gus - poodle mix

Bibu... Kissy... did you go off and eat something you shouldn't have last night?

Did they spend time in the yard? Or lick something?

Gus vomits bile when he eats too much fat or nibbles the leaves in the backyard.

Hope it was a one timer and they feel better

Grace (Dec. 4, 2011) & Gus (Dec.15, 2009)

my lyme journey blog: faith, water, & yoga

my lyme video (updated link):
Tick,tick,tick... Time to see Lyme
Grace'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:23 PM   #17 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Dog's Name: Sammie & Penny

Cory-must be going around. Weird that both yours did it. Oh well prob nothing.
This morning penny woke me up 6 am doing that reverse sneeze/gasping thing I think it's rev sneeze. I got up to check in her. She had vomited on the bed. Not the bile kind. This had food in it. When they ate I gave her 1/2 her normal food but she was begging for more. I have no idea what made her vomit at 6 am? I am going to get those gerber dogs--I keep forgetting.

??When they vomit it can cause that reverse sneeze gasp thing, RIGHT?

Far as Sleepyheads: (Sammie is 3 and has always slept late and was never in hurry to eat in am. Then penny came to live with us. Since she's just 1 yr old she wants to eat ASAP in am. A piggy. So naturally Sammie has to eat too. I hate this for him -- but I notice she is waiting later and later. so maybe she will catch up to him and he can go back to his later bfast sched which I know he would prefer).

Glad your two are fine now. They are SO adorable.
xxxx

Last edited by SammieMom; 12-12-2012 at 02:34 PM.
SammieMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement