Can you please pray for Maximus? - Page 2 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2012, 07:17 PM   #11 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Dog's Name: Sammie & Penny

I am sorry Maximus is sick. He is a doll. I have no experience but maybe some will. I know I have seen this topic in past. I am so sorry as I know you are so sad with the dr's diagnosis. I will pray they are wrong.

SammieMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2012, 07:51 PM   #12 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Gail
Dog's Name: Lucy

I'm so sorry you and Maximus are going through this. I don't know why this is so often missed on routine vet exams. My Emma had congestive heart failure, and it was never diagnosed until she was in crisis. I'm glad that they got Maximus stabilized and you will have more time with him. It could very well be more than a year with proper care and meds.
LoveLucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:29 PM   #13 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Bridget
Dog's Name: Lady Bella (and Katie & Lucky at The Bridge)

Oh I am so very sorry. I wish there were words to help you. Hugs and prayers.

"A weed is just a plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered."
Summergirl73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:33 PM   #14 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Name: Maggie
Dog's Name: Sweetness and Tessa

My first Maltese lived for about four years on enalapril, adding Lasix the last year or so. I hope your baby does as well.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:41 PM   #15 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Pam
Dog's Name: Leila

I'm so sorry! I hope with the medications, he will do well! I don't have experience with dogs with CHF...only humans. Enalapril is an ACE inhibitor that's used to lower blood pressure and/or help with CHF. It prevents the blood vessels from constricting and makes it easier for the blood to flow through them. The fluid in the lungs is from the CHF. When the heart doesn't pump the blood efficiently, fluid can back into the lungs. Are the also putting him on a diuretic or restricting his fluid intake to a certain amount per day? That is usually done with humans.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

Leila'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:07 PM   #16 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Brenda
Dog's Name: Jodi

I'm so sorry about Maximus, sending good thoughts and prayers for him.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:18 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveLucy View Post
I'm so sorry you and Maximus are going through this. I don't know why this is so often missed on routine vet exams. My Emma had congestive heart failure, and it was never diagnosed until she was in crisis. I'm glad that they got Maximus stabilized and you will have more time with him. It could very well be more than a year with proper care and meds.
Thank you. So is Emma okay now? All he wants to do is sleep Also, with these medications, he drinks a lot and has to pee a lot too (the doctor said he would). He's doesn't go to the bathroom in the house until I take him out so now I would have to hire a baby sitter to take him out during the day while I'm at work since he and I live alone.

BTW, I would recommend you guys get pet insurance. I never looked into it because he's always been healthy but this cost me close to $8,000.

Love Maximus.
maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:37 PM   #18 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Vinh & Ann
Dog's Name: Biscuit (waiting for Mommy and Daddy @Rainbow Bridge) & lil Pork Chop
Send a message via AIM to vinhle68 Send a message via Yahoo to vinhle68

Uncle Vinny and Autie Ann, and Biscuit sending loves, hugs, and prayers that Maximus will pull through and have a speedy recovery! Stay strong for your baby and continue to research and see if you can get additional perspective and opinion from other Vets.

(Lil Biscuit @rainbow bridge, Lil Pork Chop 16weeks old)

Vinh & Ann
San Jose, California
vinhle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:54 PM   #19 (permalink)
TLR
Maltese Guru

Name: Tracey
Dog's Name: Ben

Oh so sorry about Maximus. I don't have any experience with this in dogs, but wanted you to know I am thinking of you and praying for Maximus.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:46 PM   #20 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Gail
Dog's Name: Lucy

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus View Post
Thank you. So is Emma okay now? All he wants to do is sleep Also, with these medications, he drinks a lot and has to pee a lot too (the doctor said he would). He's doesn't go to the bathroom in the house unti I take him out so now I would have to hire a baby sitter to take him out during the day while I'm at work since he and I live alone.

BTW, I would recommend you guys get pet insurance. I never looked into it because he's always been healthy but this cost me close to $8,000.

Love Maximus.
No, I'm sorry. She never stabilized from that crisis. We lost her that day. HOWEVER, I truly believe that the fact that you got your Maximus stable and have him on meds, makes ALL THE DIFFERENCE in the world, and will give you a hopeful outcome. When I left Emma at the vet that day, his plan was to get her stabilized, then get her on meds--it just didn't work that way for us--Emma was older--13--but the doctor was very optimistic that IF he could stabilize her breathing, he could get her on meds and she could live quite awhile. He, himself, had a schnauzer (Em was a schnauzer mix) who had been living for several years with this condition. I don't want you to think that because I lost Emma, that you will have the same outcome. The fact that Maximus is stable and on meds is very very positive. Everything I've read about this condition in dogs (and I read a lot after I lost Emma) indicates that they can live a reasonably long time with proper care.
Hopefully you can find somebody reasonable to come check on him during the day once or twice, not only to let him out but just to check on him for your peace of mind.
All my best thoughts are with you and your guy.
LoveLucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement