please dont forget Becky tomorrow we need lots of prayers - Page 13 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2012, 09:40 AM   #121 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbody View Post
As far as I know, Dr Center isn't in Tennessee, she's in upstate New York at Cornell (Ithaca, NY) not that far from Montreal.
Sending prayers for Becky. I know that some of the maltese rescues have had surgery done on liver shunt dogs so maybe someone from there will chime in to give you some more info about the surgery.
Thanks for clarification Sue-- NY is even better. I thought was Tenn for some reason.

SammieMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2012, 09:51 AM   #122 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: jill
Dog's Name: P.Dink
Send a message via AIM to chichi
Heart

Will be praying that Becky's surery goes well on the 8th.
chichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:56 AM   #123 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Kandis what kind of shunt did Kirby have ??? intrahepatic??? and dr. Center is at cornell Dr. Tobias is at Tenesse ....the price at Cornell is pretty high also so flight and surgey together and today here we are having a bilzzard and planes are grounded for the day imagine Becky coming back somethung like this flying is not easy now in the winter with a operated dog its risky mother nature is never predictable .... she is right now on protocol for liver neomicyn , lactulose , sam-e , milk thistle , low protein diet we dont see a huge diference in her ...... yes they dont see often but from speaking to her yesterday for 1 hour and 30 minutes she really knew her stuff ... i have to have faith and pray hard !!
aksm4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:07 AM   #124 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Carole
Dog's Name: Giovanni & Manny-Guiseppe

Beck, That's so important that you feel comfortable with your vet. We'll keep praying for Becky's full recovery!

ckanen2n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:09 AM   #125 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

I do not know her met her yesterday for the first time but i looked into her yes the whole time and saw that she was very confident about doing this procedure and got a good vibe hope im right i have always been a good judge in character ??
Old 12-27-2012, 11:11 AM   #126 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Carole
Dog's Name: Giovanni & Manny-Guiseppe

NCMR had a little girl with a shunt, as Becky. she had the surgery and is doing great! The vet tech adopted her!

ckanen2n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:38 AM   #127 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

that is greast to hear i pray Becky does just as well where is NCMR??
Old 12-27-2012, 11:59 AM   #128 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksm4 View Post
Kandis what kind of shunt did Kirby have ??? intrahepatic??? and dr. Center is at cornell Dr. Tobias is at Tenesse ....the price at Cornell is pretty high also so flight and surgey together and today here we are having a bilzzard and planes are grounded for the day imagine Becky coming back somethung like this flying is not easy now in the winter with a operated dog its risky mother nature is never predictable .... she is right now on protocol for liver neomicyn , lactulose , sam-e , milk thistle , low protein diet we dont see a huge diference in her ...... yes they dont see often but from speaking to her yesterday for 1 hour and 30 minutes she really knew her stuff ... i have to have faith and pray hard !!
Anna- I am pretty sure he called it extra hepatic (?) not positive. But remember we knew nothing about shunt disease or the available treatments at the time I was lost, and the Vet trying to save him. He said it was worse one he had seen and maybe I'm wrong, but IMO that is not saying much because I had told him for many months something was very wrong but that's another story and why I try to go to the experts if possible. It all happened right after his first surgery (repeated seizures and then his BP was really high, vomiting, and more). So sounds like a good sign Becky did well after her CT procedure.

Last edited by SammieMom; 12-27-2012 at 12:09 PM.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:03 PM   #129 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksm4 View Post
that is greast to hear i pray Becky does just as well where is NCMR??

I think NCMR means "North-Central Maltese Rescue". But I could be wrong.

Old 12-27-2012, 12:31 PM   #130 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Thank you Kandis , its scary but i have been reading studying now since september and now a days they seem to do pretty well with ameroid and cellophane but you have to beready 10 -15 % dont do well so lets all pray Becksters falls in the 85 %% and comes home good as new
Sponsored Links
Advertisement