Tomorrow Boo will be neutered - Page 2 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2012, 12:34 PM   #11 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Barbie
Dog's Name: Zoe (Kyra my Angel in Heaven)

Shirley, we are all here for you and know what your feeling. The procedure is easier for males than females and Boo will be fine. Prayers and hugs to you. Please keep us posted!!

Old 12-19-2012, 12:38 PM   #12 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Shirley Ng
Dog's Name: Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace'sMom View Post
Well, Shirley.... the WONDERFUL part of being in this group is that you will have dozens of people praying for your Boo during his surgery

I am a strong believer in the power of prayer

So I know I will be, and many others here will be, praying for Boo tomorrow!

Let us know how it goes...and if you need to pop on for support, please do so

I'd ask for pain meds.... I know some don't get them, but I'd get pain meds for him and keep him on them for a good 4-5 days.

Awww that's true, I love SM! I'm definitely going to make sure I get pain meds cause I'm going to panic if he's in pain
jenna123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:39 PM   #13 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe's Mom88 View Post
Shirley, we are all here for you and know what your feeling. The procedure is easier for males than females and Boo will be fine. Prayers and hugs to you. Please keep us posted!!
Thanks Barbara! I will update tomorrow as soon as I pick him up... Praying very hard for him
Old 12-19-2012, 12:56 PM   #14 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Default Boo will be fine :)

I just had my Molly spayed 2 weeks ago, and other than being sleepy the first day, she was her normal self after that...I dropped her off at 8 am and picked her up at 3 O'clock and she was fine, never licked her incision or anything, I would pay the extra dollars to have a vet that does lazer incisions though, It was the best decision I ever made and totally worth it! Take care, Boo, you will be fine P.S. I also had a baby tooth removed, so make sure if Boo needs this, you do it at the same time!
Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:25 PM   #15 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
I just had my Molly spayed 2 weeks ago, and other than being sleepy the first day, she was her normal self after that...I dropped her off at 8 am and picked her up at 3 O'clock and she was fine, never licked her incision or anything, I would pay the extra dollars to have a vet that does lazer incisions though, It was the best decision I ever made and totally worth it! Take care, Boo, you will be fine P.S. I also had a baby tooth removed, so make sure if Boo needs this, you do it at the same time!

Wow Molly is strong! I am doing the laser, I just want him to be in no pain at all! Ok I will ask about the baby teeth but it looks like they all fell off LOL
Old 12-19-2012, 02:45 PM   #16 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: SHELLY
Dog's Name: ABBIGAIL

Been praying for Boo and checking in to see if any news.
sdubose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:47 PM   #17 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Kaitlin
Dog's Name: Sadie

I will be keeping Boo in my prayers! Keep us updated
kaeco510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:56 PM   #18 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Name: Lynn
Dog's Name: Lacie, Tilly and Secret (Ch Angel's Top Secret of Khanthav)
Send a message via AIM to Lacie's Mom

Shirley -- All of SM is here to pray for you and Boo and to help with any questions that might come up.

Remember that just like humans, each fluff reacts differently. Some bounce right back after they are spayed or neutered and some take a little longer and feel their pain more. For example, when my Lacie was spayed, she milked it for 6-7 days of Mom carrying her out to potty and doing all kinds of special things (even though she had pain meds). On the other hand, Tilly came home from her spay and wanted to start playing that same day. The hardest thing for her was to keep her quiet.

Will be looking for an update that Boo is home and doing well. In the meantime, sending prayers and positive healing energy your way.

Lacie, Secret & Tilly
Lacie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:18 PM   #19 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Barbie
Dog's Name: Zoe (Kyra my Angel in Heaven)

Shirley, thinking about you and Boo tonight with special prayers and hugs. He will be fine.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:35 PM   #20 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Susan
Dog's Name: Tyler

I agree with everyone. He should be just fine. Mine did have undescended testicles so they kept him overnight. I got him the next morning and he couldn't wait to get in my arms. He was a little tired that day but after that the big problem was keeping him calm. They're balls of energy. Mine did have diarrhea for 6 days after but that's the exception, not the rule. They think it was from the anesthesia or the stress or both. He's been fine when put under for dentals since then on another anesthesia. Make sure of two things...that the vet does bloodwork first in the morning, before doing the neuter and that he/she remove any retained baby teeth while Boo is under. Let us know how things go and just keep busy tomorrow. They do not hold things against us.

Snowbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement