Belle goes for her spay next week :( - Page 3 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2013, 02:13 PM   #21 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Pam
Dog's Name: Leila

Leila goes in for hers in the morning. I'm sure she will be fine but I will feel so much better once it's over and she's healed. She's also getting a microchip and they will check for/remove any retained teeth. I'm hoping she doesn't have any, but she won't let me look. She will be 6 months on the 8th. I noticed this poat was started last week. Has your baby had her surgery yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

Leila'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2013, 02:04 PM   #22 (permalink)

Hi Leila's Mom!
When I called the vet the nurse said there were lots of openings and to just make the appointment when I came in on the weekend, so I went on saturday to take Belle for her pre-op and they said they were booked until jan 16th! yikes! Belle will be 6.5 months old by then, I'm really really hoping she won't go into heat before her spay I was all prepared now I have to try and chill out before her surgery, however it's all I keep thinking about

Hows Leila doing??? Any suggestions, recommendations you can offer? Hope all is well!!
Belle-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:13 PM   #23 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Nickee
Dog's Name: Yogi

Hello From Pa--I Know What You Are Saying. I Had Yogi Neutered AT 7mo. I Also Read So Much,It Made Me Crazy. I wa So Afraid. I Live In A Very Small Town-Not A Great Choice Of Vet"s--Mostly Old Ones. But I Prayed And All Went Well. The After Care Was Worse on me Then Yogi!
I Will Pray For You Both-All Will Be Fine.
Yogi's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:24 AM   #24 (permalink)

Well...I was literally sick to my stomach this morning with nerves, tossing & turning all last night, Belle has to be at vets for 8am tomorrow morning, while I'll be a wreak from that.. I'm also going for an interview that day!! I hope I can keep myself together & focus!! Man oh man what a week this will be!! I also have some Maid of Honor duties to take care of this weekend and will be away from my baby for two days post spay...absolutely brutal!!!! At least my mom can look after her and she can be comfortable at home, but still Everything seems to happen all at once with me!!! Stressingggggg!!!
Old 01-15-2013, 11:34 AM   #25 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Tori
Dog's Name: Grace -maltipoo, Gus - poodle mix

Aww... I'm sure Belle will do great It's good to have something to distract with... so I wish you the best with the interview!

Will keep Belle in prayers tomorrow. keep us updated

Grace (Dec. 4, 2011) & Gus (Dec.15, 2009)

my lyme journey blog: faith, water, & yoga

my lyme video (updated link):
Tick,tick,tick... Time to see Lyme
Grace'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:12 PM   #26 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Susan
Dog's Name: Tyler

I'm sure that Belle will be just fine. Thousands of dogs and cats are spayed and neutered every day with no problems whatsoever. We still worry but we've all gone through it and they do just fine especially if you have pre-op bloodwork done and you have a good vet. You might want to get some baby onesies for her to wear so as not to try to bite her stitches or look for a collar that's more comfy than the ones many vets have -- those rigid plastic ones. When you drop her off ask when they expect to start surgery and if someone can call you right away when she's done just for peace of mind. She'll be fine. Good luck at the interview!!! Oh btw everyone says the hardest part of spay and neuter is keeping them calm and not running around after surgery!

Snowbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:56 AM   #27 (permalink)

Thanks guys! I dropped her off this morning she gave me those puppy eyes when I left. They said she'd be in surgery before 11am so they would call me as soon as its done. Will be waiting anxiously until I hear from the vet.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:00 AM   #28 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Janene
Dog's Name: Babinka (06/09/14 Rainbow Bridge) Peppino and Tiny Tina

Hugs to you!!!! She will be fine :-) ......................... Now go and kick butt in that interview!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hugs!!!!
maltese manica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:29 PM   #29 (permalink)

Well this has been a great day for me! Belle's spay went terrific and I got the job!! Woohoo!! Can't wait to pick her up tomorrow!!
Old 01-16-2013, 03:30 PM   #30 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Aastha
Dog's Name: Gustave & Mieka

Congratulations!!
eiksaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement