Medical charts - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2013, 09:52 AM   #1 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Janene
Dog's Name: Babinka (06/09/14 Rainbow Bridge) Peppino and Tiny Tina
Lightbulb Medical charts

As many of you know that I have Babinka who was born with a bum heart and was only given 6 months to live ....... she is three years old and has beaten the odds. Anyhoooo I was looking back at last years fiasco with our vet trips etc etc; and decided to make a med chart of when she was going in to heat and when she had the breathing problems. (she cannot be put under to be spayed ...... as she would die) So I have noticed a patteren as now she is on the lasik and have noticed that she is getting swollen looking down there............. and believe if I am right she will be going into her cycle on the 6th or 7th day of January!!!! Hopefully my vet will see this cycle (pattern) and we can come up with a win win situation. Also I have made some mood charts for everyday use to show her level of activity/ eating/ pooing and peeing amounts etc; anyways sorry to ramble on just needed to get this off my chest!!! last night at least she let me scale her teeth and brush them (yup cant get her teeth cleaned by going under either) my vet trained me on how to scale the teeth clean...........
maltese manica is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2013, 11:10 AM   #2 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Barbie
Dog's Name: Zoe (Kyra my Angel in Heaven)

It's always a good idea to keep track of things like this. You never know when you will need certain info. I am so happy that Babinka has out beat the odds. She is precious and I know how much you love her. Hugs to you!!!
Old 01-04-2013, 11:48 AM   #3 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Deborah
Dog's Name: Laurel (maltese), Dewey, Violet and Hardy and Dewey

Sweet Babinka has beat the odds because she's a little fighter, and you're such a wonderful mom to her! I pray that she continues to dumbfound and amaze the doctors and live a LONG LONG life!!!It is a good idea to keep a chart , so when something comes up, you'll have the info handy.

Furbabies mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Dr d was happy with the charts that I made up
Now to find a happy medium for babinka
Old 01-05-2013, 02:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Susan
Dog's Name: Tyler

I did that with my skin son. When he almost died at 2 from food allergies and again 2 weeks later I started tracking him in my Dayrunner when he was sick and down the road when he developed asthma I was able to link it to seasonal allergies because his asthma attacks were in the spring and fall, as well as some oral food allergies. It helped so much in coming up with a plan to manage his asthma and was like a miracle with treatment prescribed and no more scary asthma attacks. So it's a great idea if your Maltese is having some issues...you can see if they're linked to certain seasons, events, food, products, etc.
Wow, you did a tooth scaling. Bravo, mom!!! You are a phenomenal mother to sweet Babinka!!

Snowbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:23 PM   #6 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Aww thanks everyone
Yup trying to link the puzzle together
Yuppers I am the dentist at home lol you should see the gunk that comes off, but my three are ok with it plus I take it nice and easy
Old 01-05-2013, 07:37 PM   #7 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Marj
Dog's Name: Bailey and Lady at the Bridge

I kept a three ring binder for my Lady with all her health issues. I recorded her blood sugar readings (she was diabetic) and also recorded when she had a seizure (epileptic). I kept records of all her medications and dosage and got copies of all her bloodwork and other test results. It really helped her vets and I track patterns, modify medications, etc.

I found free templates online to download and print to keep track of medications/insulin injections.
Ladysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:04 PM   #8 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

That is where I got the forms. I am seeing a pattern with her heat to the connection of her heart and fluids. I wish she could be spayed but she can't but now hopefully by tracing her heat patterns we can find some sort of solution,I hope anyways.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement