Yikes! Here we go again - Page 2 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2013, 10:01 AM   #11 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Barbie
Dog's Name: Zoe (Kyra my Angel in Heaven)

I am sure if she did eat it that it will pass. There really is never a dull moment is there? Lisi sure keeps you on your toes..... I am sure she will be just fine but please keep us posted.

Old 01-05-2013, 10:06 AM   #12 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Name: Maggie
Dog's Name: Sweetness and Tessa

Quote:
Originally Posted by edelweiss View Post

Not yet Maggie---is that what I have to look forward to?
She is too small to open the cupboards, but she may learn to stand on the small ladder soon!
Yep! But, as Mary Palmer told me almost 4 years ago when I said I was a foster "failure" and was keeping Tessa, "I do so love her spirit!" Little did I know . . .

I feel the same way about Lisi - she has so much spirit and spunk, that how can you not love her???
Old 01-05-2013, 10:06 AM   #13 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: sandi
Dog's Name: Kitzel & Liesl

It is already after 5:00 PM here & no stool yet! We usually only have 2 per day, but I have been feeding her more today to hurry things along. She has been pretty quiet today & wanting to be held---no apparent pain yet.
Having almost lost a dog like this once yrs. ago I am on guard! I have continued to look as has DH, but it still is not evident what happened to it. Our place isn't large & pretty puppy proof so if were here I do think we might have discovered it already!
part of their soul remains unawakened."
"Wag more Bark less"
edelweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:15 AM   #14 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Sylvia
Dog's Name: MiMi, Ray and RuRu

Please try not to worry too much. Many years ago, many many years ago, I found a balloon in my baby's diaper. Lisi will be fine, and there IS a chance she didn't eat it.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:25 AM   #15 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggieh View Post
Yep! But, as Mary Palmer told me almost 4 years ago when I said I was a foster "failure" and was keeping Tessa, "I do so love her spirit!" Little did I know . . .

I feel the same way about Lisi - she has so much spirit and spunk, that how can you not love her???

I really value that "spirit" in a pup! It takes them far and makes life wonderfully exciting for us! Maybe a bit too exciting but no less less wonderful!
"Wag more Bark less"
Old 01-05-2013, 10:35 AM   #16 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Dog's Name: Sammie & Penny

Oh Sandi I'm sorry your going through this. Praying it passes. Can you use the tiny bands so she can't get them out. I know the scrunchies are easy, but she may need the tiny bands for a time till she is older. I am not sure I would add a lot more food to her system, instead a few long walks might make her go quicker, does here. But what do I know.
hang in there my friend.
xxxx

SammieMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:53 AM   #17 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Susan
Dog's Name: Tyler

Oh, Sandi. Little Liesl sure likes to keep you on your toes. I still wonder if maybe she or Kitzi found a special hiding place. You could call it the "drive mom and dad crazy" spot. Hope you still find it or it comes out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggieh View Post

I always think of the Mary Tyler Moore show - when Lou was telling Mary, "You have spunk!! I HATE Spunk" I guess Tyler's a chill dog. If it isn't a tissue, he's not interested in it. He just never really was into picking up things he shouldn't and eating them. Although there was a pen or two early on.

Snowbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:21 AM   #18 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Tori
Dog's Name: Grace -maltipoo, Gus - poodle mix

Lisi.... you're worrying your mommy again!

I hope she didn't swallow it. I use those with Grace and they seem to get stuck in the oddest places. She lost one while playing. A few weeks later my mom found it up in her fake plant... Grace must have done a one of her spin jumps or something and it flew off.

So hoping she doesn't have it. If she does... praying she passes it without problems.

Try not to feed her too much.... The overload in food could make her constipated LOL Even if you think they are foods to help her go... it might stop her up with the added calories. Especially if she doesn't drink that much more with it....

Grace (Dec. 4, 2011) & Gus (Dec.15, 2009)

my lyme journey blog: faith, water, & yoga

my lyme video (updated link):
Tick,tick,tick... Time to see Lyme
Grace'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:16 PM   #19 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Dog's Name: Ivy

I had a Golden eat an entire leash once, except for the handle, and I was in an absolute panic. I phoned my vet who said to give her a tablespoon or two of Vaseline to eat to lubricate things and it should eventually all slide right out. And it did! The next day she passed the Vaseline coated leash back out, bit by bit. You might ask your vet about this and get his/her opinion on trying it.
IvysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:23 PM   #20 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvysMom View Post
I had a Golden eat an entire leash once, except for the handle, and I was in an absolute panic. I phoned my vet who said to give her a tablespoon or two of Vaseline to eat to lubricate things and it should eventually all slide right out. And it did! The next day she passed the Vaseline coated leash back out, bit by bit. You might ask your vet about this and get his/her opinion on trying it.
Thanks!
Knowing my Lisi---she would eat the vaseline! Now, where in Greece can I find some on a Sunday---or a Monday for that matter?
"Wag more Bark less"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement