Ever since New Year's Eve..Rocky is spooked - Page 2 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2013, 11:12 AM   #11 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Dianne
Dog's Name: Rocky

Thanks Sandi...glad to hear your fluffs are good. Im trying to get back into posting more. Now that the holidays are out of the way, I can! I've missed it around here.

Rocky's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2013, 11:38 AM   #12 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Terry
Dog's Name: Naddie, Quincy, & ( "Angel Missy" 8/11/94-7/19/05 )

Diane, Here's a link to a CD for Fireworks to help desensitize pooches to the noise...
I used the thunderstorm version for Naddie as she was horribly 'terrorized' by them when she first came to me. I played it daily...several times a day starting with lowest volume and only seconds then off. Repeated this for a bit them still low volume but longer duration... then went to higher volume and back to 'seconds' and so on.
It really did help her a lot.... she still doesn't 'like' them but copes so much better...mostly goes to one of her beds near me and waits it out.

Dogs Afraid of Fireworks! Use Suburban Fireworks to Ease their Fears!

If you scroll a bit you can tak a listen to the CD.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:09 PM   #13 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidto2Maltese View Post
Diane, Here's a link to a CD for Fireworks to help desensitize pooches to the noise...
I used the thunderstorm version for Naddie as she was horribly 'terrorized' by them when she first came to me. I played it daily...several times a day starting with lowest volume and only seconds then off. Repeated this for a bit them still low volume but longer duration... then went to higher volume and back to 'seconds' and so on.
It really did help her a lot.... she still doesn't 'like' them but copes so much better...mostly goes to one of her beds near me and waits it out.

Thank you Terry, I will go look now!

Old 01-08-2013, 11:14 PM   #14 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidto2Maltese View Post

VERY cool! Smart too. thank you Terri..I would need the thunderstorm one too.. and if there is a door bell one and a UPS man one...LOL

Old 01-08-2013, 11:16 PM   #15 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Susan
Dog's Name: Tyler

Dianne - I'm so sorry. Poor Rocky. I'm glad that Terry found something to desensitize Rocky. I think that might work if you do it in small doses and turn it up over a period of time. I also know that Crystal sells Animal Essentials calming product and also thundershirts. Pampered Pet Boutique LLC Home Page You might want to get in touch with her to order from her.

Snowbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:18 PM   #16 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbody View Post
Dianne - I'm so sorry. Poor Rocky. I'm glad that Terry found something to desensitize Rocky. I think that might work if you do it in small doses and turn it up over a period of time. I also know that Crystal sells Animal Essentials calming product and also thundershirts. Pampered Pet Boutique LLC Home Page You might want to get in touch with her to order from her.
I'll go there now and check it out Susan. Thanks!

Old 01-08-2013, 11:22 PM   #17 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Barbie
Dog's Name: Zoe (Kyra my Angel in Heaven)

The desensitiving sounds like a good idea. Also, I agree with Sue about the Thundershirt. My vet actually recommended that for Zoe a couple of months ago for separation anxiety. Also, I bought something made by Bach's called Rescue Remedy. It's liquid and you give them 3 or 4 drops and it works in about 20 minutes or so. You have to be sure you get the one for pets....I ordered it from a place called Entirely Pets and it was for humans . The difference is the one for humans contains alcohol, its a low dose but still not for fluffs. Just be sure its for pets and your okay.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:27 PM   #18 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe's Mom88 View Post
The desensitiving sounds like a good idea. Also, I agree with Sue about the Thundershirt. My vet actually recommended that for Zoe a couple of months ago for separation anxiety. Also, I bought something made by Bach's called Rescue Remedy. It's liquid and you give them 3 or 4 drops and it works in about 20 minutes or so. You have to be sure you get the one for pets....I ordered it from a place called Entirely Pets and it was for humans . The difference is the one for humans contains alcohol, its a low dose but still not for fluffs. Just be sure its for pets and your okay.
Thank you Barbara..the only fear I have is Rocky doesn't like me dressing him up much anymore. I'm wondering if it will bother him to have it on..LOL. Or will the shirt calm that too. LOL. I have thought about the drops, I'll write that name down. Thanks again.

Old 01-08-2013, 11:48 PM   #19 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Barbie
Dog's Name: Zoe (Kyra my Angel in Heaven)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky's Mom View Post
Thank you Barbara..the only fear I have is Rocky doesn't like me dressing him up much anymore. I'm wondering if it will bother him to have it on..LOL. Or will the shirt calm that too. LOL. I have thought about the drops, I'll write that name down. Thanks again.
I know why your saying about being dressed it stresses Zoe out sometime too that's why I never bought the Thundershirt. If Rocky doesn't like clothes I would not try it. The drops are a better option. Hate to see them suffer like that.
Old 01-09-2013, 12:00 AM   #20 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Audrey DeLay
Dog's Name: Jasmine (Female)

Jasmine is afraid of everything from small sounds to big sounds. She doesn't even like to go outside to do her business if she hears a sound. I have to go outside with her and then of course run back inside because it's cold.

dntdelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement