Ever since New Year's Eve..Rocky is spooked - Page 3 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2013, 09:23 AM   #21 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Tori
Dog's Name: Grace -maltipoo, Gus - poodle mix

Dianne,

Try a Thundershirt and some Bach's.

He is very anxious right now... I'd help him calm down. The Thundershirt will be like you holding him - it snugs them tight. make sure when you put it on it is snug.

He may like this, while he doesn't like other clothes. This will feel like a hug.... He should calm down rather quickly once it is on.

You can use it with the sound things to help keep him calmer

Hugs and pats for Rocky.... Fireworks really freak dogs out Gus has to wear his Thundershirt on holidays where they will be used.

Grace (Dec. 4, 2011) & Gus (Dec.15, 2009)

my lyme journey blog: faith, water, & yoga

my lyme video (updated link):
Tick,tick,tick... Time to see Lyme
Grace'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2013, 02:19 PM   #22 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Dianne
Dog's Name: Rocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dntdelay View Post
Jasmine is afraid of everything from small sounds to big sounds. She doesn't even like to go outside to do her business if she hears a sound. I have to go outside with her and then of course run back inside because it's cold.
LOL, Jasmine...Rocky doesn 't like the cold either.

Rocky's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:21 PM   #23 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace'sMom View Post
Dianne,

Try a Thundershirt and some Bach's.

He is very anxious right now... I'd help him calm down. The Thundershirt will be like you holding him - it snugs them tight. make sure when you put it on it is snug.

He may like this, while he doesn't like other clothes. This will feel like a hug.... He should calm down rather quickly once it is on.

You can use it with the sound things to help keep him calmer

Hugs and pats for Rocky.... Fireworks really freak dogs out Gus has to wear his Thundershirt on holidays where they will be used.
Well, I guess I should buy it and try it out..I think it's returnable...what is Bach's?

Old 01-09-2013, 03:26 PM   #24 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Bach's Rescue Remedy - they make one specifically for Pets that is alcohol free.

I will be using it this week and after Grace's surgery to help calm her.... It's good for anxiety

Old 01-09-2013, 05:47 PM   #25 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace'sMom View Post
Bach's Rescue Remedy - they make one specifically for Pets that is alcohol free.

I will be using it this week and after Grace's surgery to help calm her.... It's good for anxiety
Thank you. What surgery is grace getting?

Old 01-09-2013, 06:00 PM   #26 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Name: Lynn
Dog's Name: Lacie,Tilly,Secret(Ch Angels Top Secret of Khanthav) & Breeze(Ch Angels Heavenly Breeze of Linmont)
Send a message via AIM to Lacie's Mom

Dianne -- If you want to try it and see how Rocky does, I can send you Lacie's Thundershirt. It's pink, but I don't think Rocky will mind. You can see if it will help Rocky. You can just mail mine back before Monsoon season this summer.

Lacie is a very confident fluff, as you know, but she's very bad about noises -- they affect her so much more than Tilly or Secret. I've tried everything and the thundershirt does help more than anything else has.

Just let me know if you want to try mine.

Hugs to you and my special Rock Star.
Old 01-09-2013, 07:21 PM   #27 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacie's Mom View Post
Dianne -- If you want to try it and see how Rocky does, I can send you Lacie's Thundershirt. It's pink, but I don't think Rocky will mind. You can see if it will help Rocky. You can just mail mine back before Monsoon season this summer.

Lacie is a very confident fluff, as you know, but she's very bad about noises -- they affect her so much more than Tilly or Secret. I've tried everything and the thundershirt does help more than anything else has.

Just let me know if you want to try mine.

Hugs to you and my special Rock Star.
Lynn, I'm so excited to see you! I don't know when I will need it because there are no loud fireworks going on now. You are so sweet. Rocky has been really mellow, but eating like there is no tomorrow, which is great. He is on the same food for a long time. He is not as playful as he used to be and sleeps more, but I have to remember that he is over three years old now, not a puppy anymore. He does love his walks though and can walk for 30 minutes and then run around the back yard playing chase me! He seems like he's getting better, but sometimes at night while we watch TV, will look up at the ceiling. I think a firecracker must have hit the house while we were out. That's all I can think of because it's ever since New Years eve. George said he was running around the house. So he brought Rocky to the party we were at and he was fine there sitting on my lap, LOL.

Old 01-10-2013, 01:06 AM   #28 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Default Dear Lynn and Lacie

Lynn, I really do appreciate your offer and would like to take you up on it. Please tell Lacie that Rocky is so grateful to her for sharing. He said only real men can wear pink. I think rocky heard something hit the roof that night because he looks up at the ceiling every night while we are watching tv. I don't know if it would help but I'd like to try. He is better in the day. in the evening, he wants to play but remembers something and looks up. He is playing a little, then he drops his rope and stands there. He is not asking George to play anymore. He stays with me on my recliner. We miss our crazy boy that ran for his rope, tugged on it while growling and then threw it all around the room into the Christmas tree and into the niches, over our heads! We want our boy back. :mellow

So thank you Lynn!
Love Dianne and Rocky

Old 01-10-2013, 05:17 AM   #29 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Lisa
Dog's Name: Maizy

Maizy too is terrified of fireworks wasnt as a puppy but is now!! she runs to our front door tail between her legs shaking and panting its horrible she wont come back in the room where she heard the firework either its as if she associates that room with the bad noise poor thing!!
Old 01-10-2013, 09:44 AM   #30 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky's Mom View Post
Thank you. What surgery is grace getting?
It's her spay.... I need to keep her calm and quiet - stress makes her liver act up, since her numbers are so good I don't want to cause a flare up.

You can get Bach's on Amazon.... or Where To Buy | Bach Rescue Remedy Pet You can find a store near you that sells the Pet version.

Glad Lynn has a Thundershirt you can borrow I really hope it helps him. Just make sure it is snug enough. I always put 2 fingers (maybe 1 with a dog as small as Rocky -- grace would be 1 finger) I always do a finger check on the neck, front tummy and back tummy - to make sure it is snug but not too too tight.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement