Ever since New Year's Eve..Rocky is spooked - Page 4 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2013, 01:47 PM   #31 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Name: Lynn
Dog's Name: Lacie,Tilly,Secret(Ch Angels Top Secret of Khanthav) & Breeze(Ch Angels Heavenly Breeze of Linmont)
Send a message via AIM to Lacie's Mom

Dianne -- I will mail the Thundershirt to you tomorrow. I won't need it back until summer when the monsoon's start.

When Lacie was about 2, she had something similar happen here. Our kitchen is similar to yours and Jerry and I were sitting at the table eating dinner. Lacie normally sat by the table while we ate. Jerry got up to get something from the pantry and when he sooted his chair on the tile, it accidentally fell over and made a large "bang". Lacie was so spooked by the "bang" that it took her about 4 months to want to come back by the table. She would go to the edge (like in your family room) and sit and watch us eat, but would NOT come near the table. She eventually "forgot" about it and got back to normal about being near the table. I'm thinking it was something similar with the fireworks.

Old 01-10-2013, 02:03 PM   #32 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Dianne
Dog's Name: Rocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacie's Mom View Post
Dianne -- I will mail the Thundershirt to you tomorrow. I won't need it back until summer when the monsoon's start.

When Lacie was about 2, she had something similar happen here. Our kitchen is similar to yours and Jerry and I were sitting at the table eating dinner. Lacie normally sat by the table while we ate. Jerry got up to get something from the pantry and when he sooted his chair on the tile, it accidentally fell over and made a large "bang". Lacie was so spooked by the "bang" that it took her about 4 months to want to come back by the table. She would go to the edge (like in your family room) and sit and watch us eat, but would NOT come near the table. She eventually "forgot" about it and got back to normal about being near the table. I'm thinking it was something similar with the fireworks.
Lynn I don't know if you got the PM from me..plz go check. I don't need the shirt. Thx!

Rocky's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:39 PM   #33 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Brenda
Dog's Name: Jodi

Poor Rocky, I hope you can find a solution.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:06 PM   #34 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Nickee
Dog's Name: Yogi

In Pa The Storms are bad alot of thunder and lighting/Scares me to death==Dont Laugh,I Have Gone into my walkin Closet and prayed.

So when Yogi Came,i did buy the thundershirt-it really works for him.
Came to find-even a sweater or snuggie calms him down If he is to wacko before bedtime,i put a little t-shirt on him,also for warmth. he gets really calm
Wow Some Effect it has on him,but works for me.
Yogi's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:54 PM   #35 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maizy Moo's Mum View Post
Maizy too is terrified of fireworks wasnt as a puppy but is now!! she runs to our front door tail between her legs shaking and panting its horrible she wont come back in the room where she heard the firework either its as if she associates that room with the bad noise poor thing!!
Oh poor Maizy. I see it is more common than I thought. When I went to Petco yesterday to buy the thunder shirt they told me to try the drops first. They are all organic and alcohol free. I gave it to him last night and this morning he threw up yellow liquid. I may go get the shirt now, LOL. Rocky is definitely not the same dog and in Petco they said a lot of people have come in saying the same thing. It's weird because the last two Independence days Rocky didn't seem to mind the fireworks. Guess they were a lot closer and louder this year because new neighbors were setting them off. Took Rocky out for a walk today..he still sleeping with us. Hope Maizy gets over this too...poor thing.

Old 01-11-2013, 01:55 PM   #36 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogi's Mom View Post
In Pa The Storms are bad alot of thunder and lighting/Scares me to death==Dont Laugh,I Have Gone into my walkin Closet and prayed.

So when Yogi Came,i did buy the thundershirt-it really works for him.
Came to find-even a sweater or snuggie calms him down If he is to wacko before bedtime,i put a little t-shirt on him,also for warmth. he gets really calm
Wow Some Effect it has on him,but works for me.
That's great that it works so well for you. We usually don't get many thunderstorms that are too loud. I like how you said wacko...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement