Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

Becky is home !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4K views 75 replies 35 participants last post by  edelweiss 
#1 ·
Hello my beautiful friends :wub:,

BECKSTERS IS HOME !!!!!!!:chili::chili::chili::chili::chili::chili::chili::aktion033::aktion033::aktion033::aktion033::aktion033::aktion033:.

Not quite herself but considering all she has gone through pretty ok she will not eat for me , she is on Tramadol for pain i think that can cause upset tummy ??? anyhow i will gavage her at 4pm some food and her meds but she is beautiful i have so much respect for this little dog what a fighter, oh she has staples never had those before do they heal faster ?? do they itch like stitches??

Anna and Becky and Luna :wub::wub::wub:

#31 ·
:cheer:Yay!!!!

:amen: Welcome Home Becky!!! :chili::chili::aktion033::aktion033:

:dothewave:

I have been waiting for this great news! I'm glad she's finally home with her greatest Mommy in the world!

I know how it is when Biscuit was in ER and away from us for days, we worried silly and even tends to lose our appetite for food missing our boy.
Biscuit says HI Becky! Way to go girl!

You both will be in our thoughts and prayers, and wishing Becky a well and rapid recovery!

#32 · (Edited)
Anna, I read the wonderful news of Becky finally coming home with you early this afternoon. Once again, I wasn't able to be online until now. However, I am so so happy for you and your Beckster!

You mentioned in another post that Becky couldn't have the Ceneria injection due to the liver issues. Now I am wondering why Snowball was prescribed Cerenia while his liver enzyme lab results were up. (he will be retested once again in a few weeks ). Snowball does take Pepcid ... but, when his tummy was really upset he needed something stronger.

I hope Becky's tummy has settled down. It's probably from all the medications during her surgery. Also, I am surprised our fluff babies can eat anything solid so soon after surgery ... it seems as though that would be hard on the tummy.

I also hope your precious fluff baby angel is tucked in and sleeping peacefully tonight. And, I wish the same for you darling Anna ... May you have peaceful and pleasant dreams.

Sending you warm hugs and lots of love.:wub::wub:

#33 ·
Well Goodmorning my wonderful friends ,

I had an awful first day with Becky :( she had upset tummy and then she had her first poo Diareah !!! i called the er they told me this might be normal from surgery and all the lactulose she was given and hadnot had a bowel movement in almost 4 days anyhow they also told me nausea is rare from tramadol and if she continues to be nauseated to call them and it could be complications fro surgery :(((( please pray that she will be ok i cant take her back there :((((

#34 ·
Anna, maybe the vomiting was due to the fact that she could not pass a stool for 4 days? Did she eat anything at all yesterday?
Praying for wisdom!

#35 ·
I was so sorry to read that it was rough for little Becky yesterday. However, she has been through so much and has been given a good amount of meds over the past few days, that her little tummy is rather out of sorts. Hope that today finds her feeling better and that you see an improvement.

#37 ·
Praying for sweet Becky....

I am hoping the nausea and diarrhea were what Sandi said - just that she hadn't pooped in so long!

Also the change from hospital to home could have upset her GI system. She probably got so excited...may have been up more than she was at the hospital. Keep trying to keep her quiet and resting :)

Sending prayers and hugs for Becky.

#38 ·
Anna, sorry to hear about poor Becky going through some additional rough time with
diarrhea. She'll be in our thoughts and prayers that this could be a simple symptom from the surgery and nothing major. Keep us posted please.

#39 ·
Anna - after Tyler's neuter - more like a spay because of undescended testicles and 8 teeth pulled, he had horrible diarrhea for 6 days and some vomiting. They think it was either from the anesthesia or from the stress of the whole ordeal. He got an under the skin hydration shot and I think they changed his meds and he was fine. He has had two dentals and was fine with anesthesia then (they changed it) and had no further incidents. Hoping it's something like that. Did you speak to the doc who did the surgery about it?

#40 ·
Hello everyone ,

Becksters is still not herself , will not eat so im force feeding very tiny meals every few hours she is sleeping now this scary i just hope i did the right thing ......please my friends lets keep praying for her to recover and this is just something one day i can put in the past im exhaustedd ...

#41 · (Edited)
What kind of anaesthesia did they use? Some kinds can make them very sick with nausea for a couple days. Most gas anaesthesia is much easier on them with quicker recovery.

My recommendation would be to watch her closely and if your instincts tell you something is wrong and she isn't doing well, take her back to the vet, any (good) vet who might be open on a weekend if yours is off. These little ones can dehydrate so quickly. She may just need another day or two of rest before she starts perking up, poor little thing, but trust your instincts. It's better to err on the side of caution and take her back for a vet check-up, than not take her and she should have gone. Do you have any Nutrical? Most pet stores and vets carry it. A dab of that on her tongue several times per day will give her some nutrients, calories, and energy if she still doesn't want to eat food, though most important is water.

#43 ·
Ana I'm sorry that you had such a rough first day with Becky. When Dewey was neutered he vomited and had diarrhea, with a bloody stool. The vet thought it was stress from the surgery. He had fluid injected under the skin, an anti nausea shot and meds for the diarrheal. Maybe Becky is experiencing the same thing. Praying that she improves real soon.

#45 ·
They used isoflurane gaz and some propofol the internal medicine called me 30 minutes ago he told me that she sounds like she is doing what she should be , no apetite he is not worried it ca take up to a week , nausea could be normal also as long as she is not vomiting , Tramadol very rarely causes stomach upset , he told me seizures are getting less and less as the days pass by tomorrow she should be out of the woods , diareah well some after surgery and anesthesia have diareah as long as it once a one time thing she should be good she is resting alot today i guess the high of being home is over , he was a sweet heart and told me not to be scared she should be ok just watch for real signs like major vomiting,major diareah, major pain , very lethargic he said u know Becky best so trust yourself and we are here open 24 hours .....he also told me the results of biopsy and some type of bladder test is coming in on Tuesday so we can see if she has m.v.d. i pray she does not , this is not easy guys trust me , I do not wish this on my worst ENEMY figure of speech i do not have enemies .....

#46 ·
It's good you had a chance to speak with someone again and the fact they are open 24 hours is great. I think with some time and a chance to heal she will be back to herself. MVD is also very managable....so don't worry too much. As long as she eats the proper diet and everything is managed well she should be just fine. I can totally understand how you feel....but stay strong Becky and Luna need you!!

#51 ·
My Dear Friends sorry for no update but im having a very awful time with Becky today we were at er all morning i went to change her onesie and i saw yello stains on it i think i almost fainted it looked like puss i called them they said immediately bring her in so i went as fast as i can they were waiting for us internal medicine and technicien they took her back right away and examined her , they saw her breasts were very engorged so they squeezed and milk alot of milk coming out !!!!!!! so she is going through false pregnancy but tommorrow they are doing ultrasound to rule out more deadly things like portal hypertension and some other stuff :(((((.............. i think im ready to loose it I have lost 5 pounds since last week , PLEASE FRIENDS PRAY THIS ONLY HORMONAL AND HER LIVER SURGERY IS ALL GOOD I HAVE NOT MUCH FIGHT LEFT IN ME xooxxoxoxoxoxo

#53 ·
I was so very sorry to read that Becky is not feeling all that well today and hope that tomorrow will bring better and more positive news. That she is staying overnight at the Vets is the best thing for her where she can get 24/7 attention. Will be saying prayers for your too Anna that things will improve.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.