Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

Becky is home !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4K views 75 replies 35 participants last post by  edelweiss 
#1 ·
Hello my beautiful friends :wub:,

BECKSTERS IS HOME !!!!!!!:chili::chili::chili::chili::chili::chili::chili::aktion033::aktion033::aktion033::aktion033::aktion033::aktion033:.

Not quite herself but considering all she has gone through pretty ok she will not eat for me , she is on Tramadol for pain i think that can cause upset tummy ??? anyhow i will gavage her at 4pm some food and her meds but she is beautiful i have so much respect for this little dog what a fighter, oh she has staples never had those before do they heal faster ?? do they itch like stitches??

Anna and Becky and Luna :wub::wub::wub:

#2 ·
:cheer:WELCOME HOME, BECKY:cheer: She'll still feel pretty low after such major surgery but I'm sure being back with you will help. What are you doing at 4pm? Your post said gavage and I couldn't even guess what that was, Anna. :blink: Don't know anything about staples.

#10 ·
Welcome Home Becky! We are so happy you are home! You are such a tough, strong little fighter!

Anna, tramadol is a pretty strong pain medication used after surgery, and it can cause nausea which can make them not want to eat. If she doesnt start to eat within a day or two you could check with the vet to see if there is anything they recommend for nausea. Maybe there is an anti-nausea medication they can give her.
I think that staples are used because of a deeper incision. I don't think they cause any more or less itching than stitches- I think that the itching is from the skin healing. But they usually do have to be removed later.

#11 ·
Welcome Home Becky!
1/4 to 1/2 tablet of Pepcid AC helps if you give it about 20-30 min. before feeding, Anna. I agree that an injection against nausea would be good---ask your vet, as they maybe gave her one that lasts 24 hrs.
Do you have a collar?

#15 ·
I don't know about dogs...but I had staples 2 months ago across part of my upper stomach and they pulled so badly....they were very uncomfortable for me. Not sure if stitches would be been the same or not.

So glad your little one is home and safe.

#28 ·
:chili::chili: Woo-Hoo!! :chili::chili: So happy Becky is home with her Mommy.. ( the very best medicine in the world! :thumbsup:)

I see Sandi mentioned the Pepcid AC..I too was wondering if that was something she could have to help her tummy. I used it for my Missy after she had her cancer surgery... gave it abt 20 mins prior to meal.
Also was told to give 1/2 meal... THEN give the medication which was a NSAID... then rest of the meal. This to helps with tummy issues. Guess the food 'surrounds' the meds ( for want of a better description) .. and makes it less hard on their system.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.