Separation anxiety - Page 3 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2013, 05:25 PM   #21 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Dog's Name: Sammie & Penny

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwyant1946 View Post
Yes, no more crating. I'll just put Winston in the bedroom with water....he considers it a vacation...getting the bed all to himself..LOL And Mia will have the living room and kitchen. It should help. I felt so badly when I came home and she was soaking wet from drooling and looking so sad. Never again!! Like I said before, if she has to be crated because of a larger dog like in my daughters' houses...as long as I'm there she's fine and doesn't even pay any attention to the other dogs..so the crate will be kept for that sort of thing.
That is what I too will use a crate for.

SammieMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2013, 09:17 AM   #22 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Nancy Wyant
Dog's Name: Mia
Heart

I had to run to the grocery store this morning after our long morning walk. I fed her, put my one cat in the bedroom and then told I'd be back. I got in the car and when I backed out, I stopped and listened and didn't hear anything. We live on a corner, so I stopped at the Stop Sign where I can see the front windows as well as our bedroom windows, all of which were open. So, I went and came back and she was happy to see me...but her paws and beard were bone dry. I didn't hear any yipping as I came in the house...so I'm hoping that she settled down after a few minutes. Nothing is messed up, and no poop on the floor...so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
nwyant1946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:29 PM   #23 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Courtney
Dog's Name: Ozzie (& Lisa @ the bridge)

I crate both of mine because to this day they are not potty trained unless we take them out every 2 hours... which is a HUGE pain living in a condo building, lemme tell you we tried gating Ozzie in the kitchen but he jumped over the gates o_O we gave Lisa a big crate like Ozzies -- with potty pad and water, but she destroyed the pad, knocked the water over, and peed on herself so we had to decrease the size... I'm sure you all think this is cruel, but they simply can't be trusted. Ozzie SOMETIMES uses the pads, Lisa is less consistent. We left her in the 2nd bedroom while she had her UTI and there were 7 little spots... no fun!

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated... at least Lisa's SA when I leave has gotten WAY better. Ozzie actually likes his crate. They are both rescues for anyone who didn't know!

CorkieYorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:13 PM   #24 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Susan
Dog's Name: Tyler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogi's Mom View Post
Hi==I Wanted to know what is the x-pen i have a big round one in the family room and a crate--i also just bought a pretty white smaller one today-
This is the kind of ex-pen we had. I had been able to borrow one from my neighbor. It might have been a little smaller but not sure. You can get them at any pet store. You can fold the segments back on themselves to make smaller or let them out to be bigger. There are clips you can use.Midwest Homes For Pets Exercise Pen with Door in Black Finish: Dogs : Walmart.com

Snowbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:25 PM   #25 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Jennifer
Dog's Name: Bailey & Sophie
Send a message via AIM to jenniferhope423

All 3 of my girls have the run of the house minus the bedrooms (doors are shut when I leave). When I first got Sophia I wasn't sure how she and Bailey would interact when I was gone so I left her in our front room and baby gated the doorway so that she didn't feel that she was locked in a room alone. She could see Bailey and Bailey could see her but they couldn't get to one another. It worked great until she was potty trained and then I let her loose with Bailey
jenniferhope423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:27 PM   #26 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Nickee
Dog's Name: Yogi

Here Is A Nice e-pen Maybe this will help Mia.
The Above Post Potty Training--My Yogi Is A Nightmare.
I REALY UNDERSTAND THAT POST.

You Will Not Believe This But its starting to work==this way--I Have to use cut bath towels--18/24 to fit the weewee pad holder--and he is really going there now, Id never tell all my potty stories-iam to ashame* By the way If there Are any seemstress-that would like making these--ill pay anything.--cant buy on net because of the size--mine need edges trimmed with every wash.

Yogi Said--Really Mom--My Potty Issues Are Private

Last edited by Yogi's Mom; 02-23-2013 at 10:39 AM.
Yogi's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:54 PM   #27 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Dog's Name: Sammie & Penny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogi's Mom View Post
Here Is A Nice e-pen Maybe this will help Mia.
The Above Post Potty Training--My Yogi Is A Nightmare.
I REALY UNDERSTAND THAT POST.

You Will Not Believe This But its starting to work==this way--I Have to use cut bath towels--18/24 to fit the weewee pad holder--and he is really going there now, Id never tell all my potty stories-iam to ashame* By the way If there Are any seemstress-that would like making these--ill pay anything.--cant buy on net because of the size--mine need edges trimmed with every wash.

Yogi Said--Really Mom--My Potty Issues Are Private
I have this one and I ordered 2 extra panels when he was little older. Love it. Don't have the net top though. I use panels alone often as gates if I need to block off an area. Remember to check/tighten screws on the door.

SammieMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:51 PM   #28 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Nickee
Dog's Name: Yogi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammieMom View Post
I have this one and I ordered 2 extra panels when he was little older. Love it. Don't have the net top though. I use panels alone often as gates if I need to block off an area. Remember to check/tighten screws on the door.
Waiting on UPS NOW THEY ARE IN MY AREA==I LOVE THE GATE IDEA__THAN YOU--IAM GOING TO ORDER NOW--I WAS JUST GETTING READY TO GET A FEW__MY SET-UPs ARE NOT WORKING TO WELL. I have to get over it-and i have fallen twice-also taking down a stand with lenox vase--all gone!!
Yogi's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement