Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

About Becky

5K views 78 replies 32 participants last post by  Sylie 
#1 ·
I started a new thread, because everyone here is waiting to here about Becky. Anna is very tired since Becky!s surgery and wanted me to let you know .
Becky had an ultra sound and the vet didn't see anything alarming! She still has the effects of the meds and anesthesia in her system and it will take 4 to 5 weeks for the shunt to close Becky is still showing signs of a shunt, tiredness and not wanting to eat. Anna will force feed her. She was taken off Tramadol which causes drowsiness. . The vet said to be patient and when the shunt closes you'll see a huge difference! They are waiting for biopsy results also to see if she has MVD. I am praying for Becky for a complete recovery.

#63 ·
Anna, I am praying for inner renewing for you this morning. Just take it "a step at a time" and try to not think too far ahead. I truly believe that when we are too tired or unable to walk that God carries us. I also believe in prayer, but I believe that it often changes us rather than the situation we are in. I know some may disagree.
Whatever your thoughts today, I will hold you near in my heart, along w/your Becky.

#64 ·
Dearest Anna ... please know you and Becky continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. I understand that you are so tired and worried about darling Becky. Believe me, I can worry myself sick when Snowball is not feeling up to par. And, Becky has just gone through major surgery ... so, as others have said, it will take time for her to heal.

Please update us on what the vet says or does if Becky is still not eating. Maybe Becky is picking up on you being upset and tired ... our fluff babies are so sensitive to our feelings. Please don't give up. If Becky feels that, it will not help her. Somehow things will work out.

Sending you warm hugs and lots of love.

#66 ·
I will continue to keep Becky and Anna in my thoughts and prayers that today will be a better day and that Anna finds the strenghth she needs to continue on with Becky's illness. Ann, you are not walking alone in this as God is with you every step of the way and so are we here on SM. Please keep us updated.

#67 · (Edited)
Thanks for posting this update. I was very sad to have read up on Becky's status, more sad for Mommy Anna being so exhausted mentally, financially, and physically. I can't even begin to imagine how someone can go through all of these stress. I do hope that Becky would show signs of getting better and back to normal soon. I also hope that Anna would be able to find a Vet that would be understanding to her financial situation and are willing to work out a plan to help her and Becky.

Becky and Anna will be in our thoughts and prayers. Biscuit send his hugs and kisses to baby Becky! :smootch:

#69 ·
Sweet Marie ,

Becky yesterday had a good day but im almost afraid to say it , we are going to internal medicine today to remover her stples lets see what they say ??? keep the prayers coming because i have an awful migraine today i get thrm so often its all the stress ........

love you all so very much oxoxoxoxoxoxox

#73 ·
So happy to hear that Becky had a good day. She is such a tough little girl.
Praying that she will continue to improve every day, even if it is just a little at a time.
Hope all goes well today and that you are feeling better too Anna.

#74 ·
Just passing by to say "wishing Becky all the best today at the vets." Try to remember to just keep looking forward!

#77 ·
Anna - checking back to see how things went with Becky at the doctor's today. Hope you got a good report. So sorry about the migraine - I had them for most of my life and just had one the other day. Reminded me of how wretched they are. Sending hugs.:grouphug:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.