Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

About Becky

5K views 78 replies 32 participants last post by  Sylie 
#1 ·
I started a new thread, because everyone here is waiting to here about Becky. Anna is very tired since Becky!s surgery and wanted me to let you know .
Becky had an ultra sound and the vet didn't see anything alarming! She still has the effects of the meds and anesthesia in her system and it will take 4 to 5 weeks for the shunt to close Becky is still showing signs of a shunt, tiredness and not wanting to eat. Anna will force feed her. She was taken off Tramadol which causes drowsiness. . The vet said to be patient and when the shunt closes you'll see a huge difference! They are waiting for biopsy results also to see if she has MVD. I am praying for Becky for a complete recovery.

#8 ·
Thank goodness. When I saw your thread I was afraid it would be bad news. Although I don't know her like all of you do, I feel so badly for what's she's going through. I, like all of us, know what it's like to go through serious health issues with dogs that we love so much. I hope Becky comes through all of this with flying colors.

#9 ·
Still praying for Becky.... thought of her today. Thanks for updating for Anna.

I know she has a chronic illness herself so this is really hard on her physically.

Tell her to hang in there.... Sadly with these pups it is not an easy recovery. It takes them longer to bounce back, and if Becky's shunt will take a few weeks to close... that will add to it.

Hugs for Anna and Becky.

#10 ·
Like everyone else, I have been hoping to see some sort of an update on little Becky and want to thank Deb for posting for Anna. I can certainly understand how very tired and exhausted how Anna after going through all of this with Becky. Prayers will continue for Becky and Anna too that Becky will continue to heal and get back to being her old self again.

#16 ·
Thank you Deborah for this good news about the ultra-sound. I know that it takes time after shunt surgery to see how successful it is---our's was years ago & lots has changed since then---for the better for sure, but surgery is surgery and always risky.
We will keep Anna & Becky close at heart---please let us know anything we need to know.

#25 ·
I Love You Guys More than Words can express !!!!!!! Today I am a bit more relaxed Becky is still not herself but Patience that she is resting because she is healing , cant wait to see my Becky in good spirits and loving life i miss her little happy go lucky self .........

Anna xo

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.