Grace at home - updates - Page 8 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2013, 01:51 PM   #71 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Tori
Dog's Name: Grace -maltipoo, Gus - poodle mix
Default update - day 3

I think today is her "worse" day... She seemed more awake yesterday. Slept a lot but was awake. Sleeping more today, laying quietly today.

Her nice blankie is in the wash... Smelled LOL

Changed her bandages and the incisions look great! Her spay incision looks wonderful, too. No redness, no discharge Our Elastikon comes in tomorrow (brown stretchy fabric tape - you use it on the bottom of the bandages). Which is good because she has demanded to go potty outside, refusing the pads.

The razor burns... I think the tech who they let do it was not experienced with little dogs. Because she has a lot of nicks almost It's sad... One in her groin area worries me. I have taken photos Every day I take one of each incision area, and I've taken them of the burns too... The lower one is definitely redder and oozy today.

They said to use the antibacterial cream I'm using on her feet. Will use it on her groin one, and I have the coconut oil, aloe, and essential oils - so I will use those on the others.

Also said it takes a few days for them to want to eat. So I will continue with Nutrical to keep her sugars up.

So we are just hanging in.... I won't be too concerned as long as her incisions look good. She did better with the bandage changing today

Grace (Dec. 4, 2011) & Gus (Dec.15, 2009)

my lyme journey blog: faith, water, & yoga

my lyme video (updated link):
Tick,tick,tick... Time to see Lyme

Last edited by Grace'sMom; 01-16-2013 at 01:55 PM.
Grace'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2013, 01:54 PM   #72 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Barbie
Dog's Name: Zoe (Kyra my Angel in Heaven)

What an adorable pic......it makes me want to reach out and kiss and hold her. She is so cute!!!
Old 01-16-2013, 01:56 PM   #73 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Michelle Robison
Dog's Name: Amber, Emily,Lil Bit, Rylee, Sasha and a cat named Harry

She looks better today, than she did. Wow razor burns someone didnt' know what they were doing,I'd make them give her some cooling ,soothing creme at their expense...
I'll check in later, had a 3:30 am ER visit, pneumonia, got home about 6am,resting...
Had to check in on our Gracie though and Becksters.

Mommy my bows are too tight...
When bad grooming happens to good Malts...

Jewellery, Doggie Goodies, Handmade tiles,cool flying pictures

http://www.picturetrail.com/michellerobison

Vote for Southern Comfort Maltese Rescue , Chattanooga, TN

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...hallenge.faces
michellerobison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:03 PM   #74 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Nickee
Dog's Name: Yogi

Tori, Glad for this up-date. With Each&Every day She will get stronger.
You Just Stay Strong. ill keep praying and reading all your updates.
Soft Kisses to Grace from us---Nickee&Yogi!

Last edited by Yogi's Mom; 02-23-2013 at 10:39 AM.
Yogi's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:04 PM   #75 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Michelle, you are so sweet..... I hope you are ok? You have pneumonia? Flu season is not good this year

If I have to take her in for the burns I will be asking for no charge if she needs meds... because it is a hack job. They shaved her belly before (ultrasound) while she was AWAKE - which is no easy task, lemmie tell you! And they didn't get one mark on her! It was a perfect belly.

Her legs I expected 1 or 2 small marks but not her belly. I will have to post a photo. It is shocking. Her legs are all marked up and she has the razor burn bumps all down her belly and then the one area on her groin is sad.

But letting it go... will focus on her healing. If we have to go in, I will take all my photos and make sure they know this was their booboo

Old 01-16-2013, 02:13 PM   #76 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Dog's Name: Ivy

OK, we're all adults here so I'll share my secret for keeping bandages/casts on small doggies and kitties legs/paws clean when they have to go out and go potty.

Condoms. There. I said it.

Years ago I had a kitty go through the fan belt of my truck and she almost lost her leg. Long story short, she came home with a cast on her leg for the next couple of months. One trip into the litter box and the cast was BLEH! and I didn't want her walking all over my beige carpets for the next couple months with such a yucky cast.

After much thought, I went to the drugstore and bought a box of condoms. They were cheap, slipped up easily over the cast, stayed on well, and I only had to change them every couple of days, plus could wipe them off with a damp paper towel without getting the actual bandage wet when she exited the litter box.

Just get the plain cheapy kind, nothing fancy. I won't tell the rest of the story of how when I was standing at the drug store condom rack trying to figure out whether they would work and what kind to buy, a guy from church who I had dated a couple times walked up to me... **one of life's more embarassing moments**
IvysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:20 PM   #77 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvysMom View Post
OK, we're all adults here so I'll share my secret for keeping bandages/casts on small doggies and kitties legs/paws clean when they have to go out and go potty.

Years ago I had a kitty go through the fan belt of my truck and she almost lost her leg. Long story short, she came home with a cast on her leg for the next couple of months. One trip into the litter box and the cast was BLEH! and I didn't want her walking all over my beige carpets for the next couple months with such a yucky cast.

After much thought, I went to the drugstore and bought a box of condoms. They were cheap, slipped up easily over the cast, stayed on well, and I only had to change them every couple of days, plus could wipe them off with a damp paper towel without getting the actual bandage wet when she exited the litter box.

Just get the plain cheapy kind, nothing fancy. I won't tell the rest of the story of how when I was standing at the drug store condom rack trying to figure out whether they would work and what kind to buy, a guy from church who I had dated a couple times walked up to me... **one of life's more embarassing moments**
Funny, too funny! Even funnier if you tell them "it's for your dog"...
I keep thinking of that episode of "Golden Girls" where they were going on a cruise with their gentleman friends and went to a drug store to buy "love socks" and the store clerk had to to a price check on condoms over the PA system...

Old 01-16-2013, 04:27 PM   #78 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvysMom View Post

I can't imagine the looks I'd get with Gracie walking around with condoms on her legs

So funny! But I bet they do work...

Old 01-16-2013, 04:32 PM   #79 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace'sMom View Post

I can't imagine the looks I'd get with Gracie walking around with condoms on her legs

So funny! But I bet they do work...

Wait til you tell them you're buying them for your dog!!!

Old 01-16-2013, 04:39 PM   #80 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Deborah
Dog's Name: Laurel (maltese), Dewey, Violet and Hardy and Dewey

Gee Tori, so sorry about the razor burns. They have to hurt, I've had them myself. Hopefully the cream will do the trick .

Furbabies mom is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement