Aquadent? - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums


SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2013, 08:41 AM   #1 (permalink)
Maltese Guru
 
lols82's Avatar
 
Name: Laura
Dog's Name: Sammy
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Scotland
Posts: 784
Default Aquadent?

Has anyone came across this for their little pooch? I only heard of it today and at first thought it sounded like a good idea, but then I read that it contains Xylitol - confused.
__________________

Sammy
lols82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-18-2013, 09:04 AM   #2 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

 
wkomorow's Avatar
 
Name: Walter
Dog's Name: Lucky
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Berkshires
Posts: 3,728
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lols82 View Post
Has anyone came across this for their little pooch? I only heard of it today and at first thought it sounded like a good idea, but then I read that it contains Xylitol - confused.
I would check the ingredients very carefully. It it does contain xylitol it is not good for dogs. It is scary that we start seeing the deadly ingredients in food not realizing they are there. I know Xylitol is supposedly safe for humans, but if it crashes blood sugar in dogs do we really know what it does for our bodies.
wkomorow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:07 AM   #3 (permalink)
Maltese Guru
 
lols82's Avatar
 
Name: Laura
Dog's Name: Sammy
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Scotland
Posts: 784
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkomorow View Post
I would check the ingredients very carefully. It it does contain xylitol it is not good for dogs. It is scary that we start seeing the deadly ingredients in food not realizing they are there. I know Xylitol is supposedly safe for humans, but if it crashes blood sugar in dogs do we really know what it does for our bodies.
Yeah the aquadent is for dogs though to put in their water to help their teeth, that's what was confusing as to why they would have xylitol in it as it can be toxic to dogs. He won't be having any of it that's for sure.
__________________

Sammy
lols82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:17 AM   #4 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

 
maltese manica's Avatar
 
Name: Janene
Dog's Name: Babinka (06/09/14 Rainbow Bridge) Peppino and Tiny Tina
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Ontario
Posts: 4,694
Default

I have heard of this as well. But didnt like the ingredients. I just brush their teeth and use the paste from the vets office.
maltese manica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:22 AM   #5 (permalink)
Maltese Guru
 
Grace'sMom's Avatar
 
Name: Tori
Dog's Name: Grace -maltipoo, Gus - poodle mix
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 4,172
Default

I'm sure they will say it is an insignificant amount.

But please do not use it....
__________________

Grace (Dec. 4, 2011) & Gus (Dec.15, 2009)






my lyme journey blog: faith, water, & yoga

my lyme video (updated link):
Tick,tick,tick... Time to see Lyme
Grace'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:26 AM   #6 (permalink)
Maltese Guru
 
lols82's Avatar
 
Name: Laura
Dog's Name: Sammy
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Scotland
Posts: 784
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace'sMom View Post
I'm sure they will say it is an insignificant amount.

But please do not use it....
No no not a chance, i'm paranoid about what Sammy eats at the best of times Insignificant amount or not it still contains it at the end of the day.
__________________

Sammy
lols82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:29 AM   #7 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

 
maltese manica's Avatar
 
Name: Janene
Dog's Name: Babinka (06/09/14 Rainbow Bridge) Peppino and Tiny Tina
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Ontario
Posts: 4,694
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lols82 View Post
No no not a chance, i'm paranoid about what Sammy eats at the best of times Insignificant amount or not it still contains it at the end of the day.

This is a great post. Warns other people of the dangers!!!
maltese manica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:30 AM   #8 (permalink)
Maltese Guru
 
lols82's Avatar
 
Name: Laura
Dog's Name: Sammy
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Scotland
Posts: 784
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maltese manica View Post
This is a great post. Warns other people of the dangers!!!
Yeah, it was a girl I know who has a baby shihtzhu and she told me she was going to get it when he was old enough for him, that's what made me read into it. Hopefully she stays clear now.
__________________

Sammy
lols82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:23 AM   #9 (permalink)
Maltese Guru
 
Name: Nickee
Dog's Name: Yogi
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Uniontown,pa
Posts: 3,231
Default

Good Post. I Just Learned Something. Thank You So Much-Nickee In Pa*
Yogi's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:37 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2
PetGuide.com
Basset.net DobermanTalk.com GoldenRetrieverForum.com OurBeagleWorld.com
BoxerForums.com DogForums.com GoPitbull.com PoodleForum.com
BulldogBreeds.com FishForums.com HavaneseForum.com SpoiledMaltese.com
CatForum.com GermanShepherds.com Labradoodle-dogs.net YorkieForum.com
Chihuahua-People.com RetrieverBreeds.com