Stupid Mommy moment.... I think Grace swallowed... - Page 2 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2013, 01:02 AM   #11 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Dog's Name: Ivy

Vaseline. Plain ol' vaseline. I had a retriever eat a 4' leash once, called the vet in a panic, and he said just give her a glob of vaseline which she gobbled right down. It made the foreign body slick as a whistle and it passed just fine. It won't hurt anything , it'll just lube things up so that things will slide out more easily.

Hopefully Grace chewed the cap into such small bits before swallowing that it will all pass easily anyway. What is it about Malt young'uns?! Ivy still puts EVERYTHING in her mouth at 6 months of age and I have to watch her like a hawk. Her food she doesn't care much about but anything that is NOT food, YUM YUM!
IvysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2013, 01:06 AM   #12 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Tori
Dog's Name: Grace -maltipoo, Gus - poodle mix

The caps are thin.... eco-friendly

She normally does not chew things! But she is bored from being so restricted.

Will hope she didn't eat it, but since I've been searching for hours with no sign.... I just have a bad feeling in my stomach.

Will call the vet in the morning.

This is what I think she swallowed... it's 1 inch, maybe a little over 1 inch, but it's thin... little impish look on her face

Grace (Dec. 4, 2011) & Gus (Dec.15, 2009)

my lyme journey blog: faith, water, & yoga

my lyme video (updated link):
Tick,tick,tick... Time to see Lyme
Grace'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:43 AM   #13 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Marisa
Dog's Name: Obi (Bellarata's You Better Believe It) & Owen (Aria Maltese)
Default Stupid Mommy moment.... I think Grace swallowed...

Gracie! ::shaking head:: she must be channeling Lisi's energy! I hope she either didn't swallow it or chewed it up enough so it will pass. It may not show up in an X-ray since if it's radiolucent material. I hope that she will eat and poo just fine... On poop alert for Gracie now...

Sent from my iPad using PG Free
hoaloha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:22 AM   #14 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Dog's Name: Sammie & Penny

Tori--So sorry your worried!! All the items Sammie has gotten hold of over past 3 yrs (can't rem what?) but they were SO CHEWED on normally flattened out or in many tiny peices. There is strong possibility she so destroyed it you can't see the tiny peices on floor or bed. I don't think she would swallow it whole, on purpose the way they like to chew on stuff. Isn't Grace bigger (?) if she swallowed any of it, I bet it passes.
There is always poss she accidently swallowed it whole, but I think she would have gagged if so could you hear her or not?? She didn't have it very long so she have to be working pretty fast.

Sammie got a plastic tag once I cut from a shirt and he ate it and within min he threw it up. So I hope she either destroyed the cap or its in peices on floor or bed. Wouldnt she vomit if she swallowed it whole (?) I'm not sure of ingestiine size but I know your worried, I would be too.
I ones I rem that we had like these type threads here over yrs and all turned out fine. Some were sick non eating for few days and had X-rays. I don't think any X-rays showed what any of them ate. I guess depends on her size. Keep us posted!!

Last edited by SammieMom; 01-23-2013 at 07:33 AM.
SammieMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:44 AM   #15 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Barbie
Dog's Name: Zoe (Kyra my Angel in Heaven)

Tori, just reading this. Why do they eat the craziest stuff. Hoping Grace is feeling ok and it will just pass through her. Let us know how she is......and you. : )
Old 01-23-2013, 07:53 AM   #16 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Deborah
Dog's Name: Laurel (maltese), Dewey, Violet and Hardy and Dewey

Oh my!! Why why why??? Do they insist on worrying us to death!! Mine have gotten a hold of twistie ties, and tags and you name it. Dewey recently pulled a whole loaf of bread from the bread drawer, that wasn't shut all the way! Hopefully you either find the cap or it passes.

Furbabies mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:25 AM   #17 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Gabby
Dog's Name: Sagirah, Brito, Brisa and Khadijah. All malteses
Default Stupid Mommy moment.... I think Grace swallowed...

Havent you found any tiny pieces of plastic either??
Mine like to chew plastic caps, I let them for like 3 min (always under my supervision). They're very hard to swallow in my opinion, but over here we dont have those eco friendly caps. maybe she just tear the cap to little pieces

Look, try to relax a bit. Maybe she didnt ate it, I know you cant find it, but I'll tell you a story that happened with my baby girl Sagirah: she's sooo small she couldnt reach her bowl, so we build her a tiny stair for her to be able to eat out of the bowl. One night I caught her chewing the stair, and honestly I was so tired I didnt got up to make her stop. Next morning I realized the chewed stair and a missing tiny nail!! YES!! I was freaking out. Like you, I searched the entire room, then the house (although she didnt had access to other parts of the house) and nothing!! I started to call vets inmediatly, and to resume the story a bit, took her for an xray amd guess what: nothing!!

I was 100% she ate that tiny nail, cause I couldnt find it anywhere. But, thank God she didnt. Maybe this happened to Grace too, maybe she just hide it very very well and wants to worry mommy to have a little fun

I encourage you to take an xray tought, just for your peacefulness.

Keep us posted and good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Old 01-23-2013, 09:13 AM   #18 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Nickee
Dog's Name: Yogi

Good Morning,And I Hope It Is For You And Gracie.
Checking Back In To See If There Is A Good Outcome Yet.
Nickee In Pa*
Yogi's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:28 AM   #19 (permalink)

Name: Candice
Dog's Name: Einstein, aka Ein and Ami

Awwww Gracie is doing what baby is meant to do!! *getting on mom's last nerve AND look at mummy all innocent*,, "whut di I do mummy?? "

LOL I am guilty as charged as Ein gets to get away with just about anything around home. My brother(who also has maltese) told me to cherish their puppyhoodness(hmmm is that even a word??) as they pass by all soo quick LOL I am sure Gracie loves you, but she also loves to be a baby as well, and can't resist looking at that lovely tiny toy on the floor!!

Awww... I am just sitting here, and cannot stop saying Awwwwww Gracie!!!
Curious_Ein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:13 AM   #20 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Tori
Dog's Name: Grace -maltipoo, Gus - poodle mix

Normally I wouldn't worry... She is a thief but normally she just runs and hides the treasure in her bed, and later we collect them. The only thing she's ever destroyed have been tissues.

But she is bored... insanely bored from having to be quiet from her surgery.

My mom did a look this morning for me... Nothing. She said she stopped Grace from chewing a soft plastic duck (nephew's) earlier and she was actually destroying it - pieces off of it. She thinks she swallowed one or two tiny pieces, but not big enough to worry about.

It's like she's chewing her foot frustrations LOL

She has nylabones out but isn't touching them. Wants "things".... Sigh.

I do think she swallowed it. I know she did not swallow it whole (it's too large). But I don't think she had time to chew it into tiny pieces.

I didn't give her the pain med last night. Worried it will mask any symptoms. So I'm waiting.... will call the vet first thing.

Since I didn't see her eat it... so I don't know for sure (just a gut feeling) I have a feeling they will tell me to wait - what to watch for - and we will see them tomorrow afternoon. I may try to get an earlier appointment.

She didn't sleep well (no meds). I didn't sleep well... worried, kept checking if she was breathing.

I told her I'm going to FedEx her to one of her SM Aunties.....

Grace (Dec. 4, 2011) & Gus (Dec.15, 2009)

my lyme journey blog: faith, water, & yoga

my lyme video (updated link):
Tick,tick,tick... Time to see Lyme
Grace'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement