Stupid Mommy moment.... I think Grace swallowed... - Page 5 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2013, 03:39 PM   #41 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Tori
Dog's Name: Grace -maltipoo, Gus - poodle mix

The vet doesn't think it will pass for a day or two, so poop patrol can stand down for now

He also said that he has a lot of cats come in after eating those eco-friendly caps (more proof Gracie really is a cat... ) ... so he has a good feeling the hairball meds will work and she will pass it.

But will keep you all updated

Grace (Dec. 4, 2011) & Gus (Dec.15, 2009)

my lyme journey blog: faith, water, & yoga

my lyme video (updated link):
Tick,tick,tick... Time to see Lyme
Grace'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2013, 04:17 PM   #42 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Ashley
Dog's Name: Sophie
Default Stupid Mommy moment.... I think Grace swallowed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace'sMom View Post
Normally I wouldn't worry... She is a thief but normally she just runs and hides the treasure in her bed, and later we collect them. The only thing she's ever destroyed have been tissues.

But she is bored... insanely bored from having to be quiet from her surgery.

My mom did a look this morning for me... Nothing. She said she stopped Grace from chewing a soft plastic duck (nephew's) earlier and she was actually destroying it - pieces off of it. She thinks she swallowed one or two tiny pieces, but not big enough to worry about.

It's like she's chewing her foot frustrations LOL

She has nylabones out but isn't touching them. Wants "things".... Sigh.

I do think she swallowed it. I know she did not swallow it whole (it's too large). But I don't think she had time to chew it into tiny pieces.

I didn't give her the pain med last night. Worried it will mask any symptoms. So I'm waiting.... will call the vet first thing.

Since I didn't see her eat it... so I don't know for sure (just a gut feeling) I have a feeling they will tell me to wait - what to watch for - and we will see them tomorrow afternoon. I may try to get an earlier appointment.

She didn't sleep well (no meds). I didn't sleep well... worried, kept checking if she was breathing.

I told her I'm going to FedEx her to one of her SM Aunties.....
Even if she needs a break for a week or two, Sophie would love a play date!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

AshleyAndSophiePup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:36 PM   #43 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Susan
Dog's Name: Tyler

Gosh - I missed this yesterday. I think I'm glad I did or would have worried all night. I can't believe that she ate the cap. It might also be hard to find it in the poop since it's clear.
So if she's coming to Barbara's in NY I'll take her for a few weeks.

Snowbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:01 PM   #44 (permalink)

Name: Candice
Dog's Name: Einstein, aka Ein and Ami

Quote:
The vet doesn't think it will pass for a day or two, so poop patrol can stand down for now

He also said that he has a lot of cats come in after eating those eco-friendly caps (more proof Gracie really is a cat... ) ... so he has a good feeling the hairball meds will work and she will pass it.

But will keep you all updated

Cat comment totally got me!! and also trying to picture you waiting by Gracie's every move when she is sniffing (to see if she will go potty) lol!!!!!!!!
ehem. I realize that this is NOT a laughing matter*composing myself*

I have a cat, and know what you mean by chewing up everything they see(esp small round bottle caps, they love those)
Also this reminded me of Ein one day he went potty, and all of sudden he came racing in 'funny' manner- turns out he ate my hair- and I have a long hair-, and it pas passed his bowel half way out, and half way still *in*. omg..... I scooped him up, and pulled out the remaining hair that had the piece of poop attached to it...!!!

Yeap... hair, plastic cap, if they are small enough, I am sure it will pass.. but never know though! lol I guess you still gotta *poop Patrol*!!!!

*ahem* sorry, I mean, seriously, this is a serious issue, and I hope it safely passes through Gracie...
Curious_Ein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:18 PM   #45 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

I wish some of you were closer so she could go to an Auntie's But I'd probably only last a few hours LOL

After her bath she definitely looks like she is feeling better. For a pup who is used to 3 baths a week it was hard to go 9 days without one.

She ate some mashed beans and squash. So good high fiber foods. Will wait for her usual night time poop. See if anything comes out

That or any symptoms showing a blockage....

But yes... very cat like LOL

Old 01-23-2013, 05:21 PM   #46 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Michelle Robison
Dog's Name: Amber, Emily,Lil Bit, Rylee, Sasha and a cat named Harry

We'll be here on virtual poop patrol praying everything "comes out" ok.

Mommy my bows are too tight...
When bad grooming happens to good Malts...

Jewellery, Doggie Goodies, Handmade tiles,cool flying pictures

http://www.picturetrail.com/michellerobison

Vote for Southern Comfort Maltese Rescue , Chattanooga, TN

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...hallenge.faces
michellerobison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:42 AM   #47 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: sandi
Dog's Name: Kitzel & Liesl

Oh Tori!
I am not usually on SM on Wednesdays so just now reading this. I feel your pain.

It can take some time for certain things to "emerge" so do be patient. I know from our Bitzi (she almost didn't make it w/ER surgery & a rubber bunger). It took some weeks to "not" pass. But I could tell something was wrong w/her. I took her to the vet about 5 times & he thought I was crazy, but in the end he knew he should have listened closer. I have to say that I helped him recognize that!
We are still watching for Lisi's pink scrunchie---no where to be found here but we did find her w/a black one this week! They never learn!
The hairball meds & vaseline apparently both do the same trick. On the other hand watch for projectile vomiting. So far we are in the clear on all fronts, but we did not give any medications, vaseline, etc. Apparently that only is a good idea if it has only been an hour since the item was consumed. I will be here too on patrol.
part of their soul remains unawakened."
"Wag more Bark less"
edelweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:56 AM   #48 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Janene
Dog's Name: Babinka (06/09/14 Rainbow Bridge) Peppino and Tiny Tina

Just read this post on the update now. I am glad that the vet believes that she will pass it out on her own. Hope all is well.................... :-) Little Miss Gracie tsk tsk tsk what a cutie pie she is :-)
maltese manica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:38 AM   #49 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

So she pooped this morning... no plastic.

But he said it is also flat - not solid - so he doesn't think it will prevent her from pooping/food passing unless a piece is big enough to get stuck.

Like Sandi said - it will take awhile. But she at least pooped.

She's quiet and wanting to be held a lot but that could also be her feet are still sore (she is picking up the left one quite often)....

So still watching and waiting LOL .... I still have the ER vets in my phone... because something tells me if it's going to go wrong she will wait until the weekend

Old 01-24-2013, 11:39 AM   #50 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Barbie
Dog's Name: Zoe (Kyra my Angel in Heaven)

Quote:
So she pooped this morning... no plastic.

But he said it is also flat - not solid - so he doesn't think it will prevent her from pooping/food passing unless a piece is big enough to get stuck.

Like Sandi said - it will take awhile. But she at least pooped.

She's quiet and wanting to be held a lot but that could also be her feet are still sore (she is picking up the left one quite often)....

So still watching and waiting LOL .... I still have the ER vets in my phone... because something tells me if it's going to go wrong she will wait until the weekend

Isn't that always when things happen.....either on the weekend or late at night. Hopefully all will be quiet for you and Grace.

I just wish her little feet would feel better and she can be herself again.