Quercetin for Allergies? - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2013, 10:17 AM   #1 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: April
Dog's Name: Rose, Lily, & Eva
Default Quercetin for Allergies?

My Lily has allergies which have been well-controlled by using Benadryl...however I have to give it to her 2X day to control her symptoms. I hate giving her this all the time. I would like to try a more natural product...and I found Quercetin as a holistic remedy...has anyone heard of this or tried it? It has anti-inflammatory properties and also blocks the release of histamine...Lily wheezes as well as has itchy skin...I am also trying a new shampoo for her, BedHead anti-itch..it has chamomile, aloe, and tea tree oil.. has anyone heard of or used these products?

Old 01-27-2013, 04:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Debbie

April i've used it for my kids with good results. I ordered from AllerEase Quercetin For Dog Allergies, just let them know how much Lily weighs and they will enclose the correct dosage for you to use.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysugarbears View Post
April i've used it for my kids with good results. I ordered from AllerEase Quercetin For Dog Allergies, just let them know how much Lily weighs and they will enclose the correct dosage for you to use.
Thank you so much, Debbie! I hope you are feeling better...
Old 01-27-2013, 09:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
jmm
Maltese Guru

Tea Tree Oil is toxic if ingested so be sure to rinse well and do not let the dog lick the suds.

Benadryl really has to be given at a full dose every 8 hours to be effective....and it is not the most effective antihistamine for most dogs.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:00 AM   #5 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmm View Post
Tea Tree Oil is toxic if ingested so be sure to rinse well and do not let the dog lick the suds.

Benadryl really has to be given at a full dose every 8 hours to be effective....and it is not the most effective antihistamine for most dogs.
Thanks, Jackie...I think this shampoo has only a small amount of tea tree oil, but I will be careful..Fortunately, my Lily does not lick the suds...
Old 01-28-2013, 08:22 AM   #6 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Pat
Dog's Name: Archie, Abbey, Ava, Mona Lisa and Tinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysugarbears View Post

...thanks for the tip...I just ordered this for Archie and Abbey. Both have allergies. Archie is just always itchy when I scratch him and Abbey likes her feet constantly.

Archie, Ava and Abbey
Life is Good!!!....and keeps gettin' better!!!

To get to Ava's FB page...
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ava/2...9759780?ref=hl
The A Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:33 PM   #7 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Laurie
Dog's Name: My Triple Threat - Lily, Addie, Jackson, Luci Mae at the bridge

Addie has allergies. But, I don't know what is causing them. I've spoken with my vet about doing testing, just haven't done it as I hate her getting poked. Did everyone else go through testing before you used this product?
ladodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:41 PM   #8 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Name: Lynn
Dog's Name: Lacie,Tilly,Secret(Ch Angels Top Secret of Khanthav) & Breeze(Ch Angels Heavenly Breeze of Linmont)
Send a message via AIM to Lacie's Mom

This might help Oliver too.
Old 01-28-2013, 03:54 PM   #9 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Debbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilb View Post
Thank you so much, Debbie! I hope you are feeling better...
Your welcome April...i'm feeling much better thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The A Team View Post
...thanks for the tip...I just ordered this for Archie and Abbey. Both have allergies. Archie is just always itchy when I scratch him and Abbey likes her feet constantly.
Pat i found that doing a vinegar rinse after rinsing the shampoo off during Chloe's bath also helped and also rinsing the feet a couple times a day with a vinegar rinse to help remove the allergens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladodd View Post
Addie has allergies. But, I don't know what is causing them. I've spoken with my vet about doing testing, just haven't done it as I hate her getting poked. Did everyone else go through testing before you used this product?
I didn't do allergy testing to find out what mine are allergic to, i know they have environmental and seasonal allergies. I found out about Quercetin from Dr. Becker's newsletter that i receive daily. Valuable Nutrients for Seasonal Cat and Dog Allergies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacie's Mom View Post
This might help Oliver too.
Lynn since Oliver is on other meds for his allergies i would check with a holistic vet before trying Quercetin.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:32 AM   #10 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Exclamation Update-good news!

I ordered the AllerEaze for Pets from AskAriel... got it really quick..I started Lily on it the same day..I thought it would take a couple of weeks..From the first day, there has not been a sniffle or any scratching...I am totally in shock! God bless Debbie(SugarBears) and Praise the Lord! It is like I have a different dog..no kidding..Lily is more relaxed, more playful, and happier..she has been giving me the "lovey-dovey" look..you know what I mean..the look that turns your heart to mush..She just feels so good! I was advised to keep her on a probiotic for best results which I already do for her immune-mediated IBD. Each capsule contains 200mg of Quercetin and Nettles Leaf...both have anit-inflammatory properties...this stuff really works well..better than any drug and so far, no side efffects..as for the PetHead anti-itch shampoo, I give that a . The Hypo-allergenic Earthbath has aloe in it..so we will stick with that...just wanted to pass this info along.