How to capture .... - Page 4 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2013, 02:44 AM   #31 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Bridget
Dog's Name: Lady Bella (and Katie & Lucky at The Bridge)

Thank you all so much for your continue prayers. I check your posts first thing in the a.m. and as soon as I return from searching each day. Your posts and love give me so much strength, and I share your wisdom with the searchers.

Terry, we think you're right about the clothes, bedding etc. Abby's belongings have been scattered strategically in the search areas. Mom has also put her own hairs, socks, dirty towel strips etc in those areas. We hope it will draw her to a sense of safety...and out where we can see her in some areas. At this point we are telling people to "tackle Abby" if that's what it takes. Lets be honest, her time is running out quickly . God it breaks my heart to say that fear out loud. We are at the time where anything and everything must be tried. It is bitter cold here again and if we have moved her away from her safe, secure snuggling spot, then not only is again easy prey, but she is also away from her food and water source. It is heartbreaking to consider, but she may have also been chased by that black dog as reported. If she got away from the dog, her 12 year old body may not have been able to handle it.

Oh and I thought about night vision goggles so that we could park further away, but they are VERY expensive. Anyone know of an affordable place to rent or buy them? I'll check Craigslist and post a wish FB too. We will shine the flashlights to see her, but this is also very scary. There is a young fox being fed right where she's been seen the most times and there are coyotes in the area. I have to say I do not get out of my car at dark unless it absolutely necessary. Getting myself attacked will not help Abby...we'd be down a searcher .

Thanks for all of your prayers...it 2:42 a.m. here now and I'll be headed out very soon to search (btw, searchers worked until 11 p.m. last night with no sign of her).

"A weed is just a plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered."

Last edited by Summergirl73; 02-02-2013 at 02:47 AM.
Summergirl73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2013, 03:28 AM   #32 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: sandi
Dog's Name: Kitzel & Liesl

Bridget, I pray God will tune little Abby's heart to trust those who are searching for her. . . that he will cradle her in safety . . . that her senses would function and she might smell the scent of her owner . . . that mercy would keep her so that she might be returned quickly to her home. I pray for wisdom for the seekers in where she might be and for eyes & ears to be open to her story. Even a sparrow is valuable in creation, a lily is well clothed. . . oh please, also one little, white maltese.
God's speed!
part of their soul remains unawakened."
"Wag more Bark less"
edelweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:28 PM   #33 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Janene
Dog's Name: Babinka, Peppino and Tiny Tina

Could someone nit go through any if the wooded areas to find her?
maltese manica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:34 PM   #34 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Michelle Robison
Dog's Name: Amber, Emily,Lil Bit, Rylee, Sasha and a cat named Harry

I remember years ago , a rescue worker and myself chased a little white dog over two miles, talk about hard to catch... We finally got him close to her house, she went in and got her husband's fishing net that he uses for big fish in the ocean, long handled and big net! Took us 3 hours of following and trying to catch... Smart little fluffer... tired to bite us, but the next day in the shelter ,friendly as could be...

Might have to try to use a live trap cage in an area she's most seen in... we've done that before...

Mommy my bows are too tight...
When bad grooming happens to good Malts...

Jewellery, Doggie Goodies, Handmade tiles,cool flying pictures

http://www.picturetrail.com/michellerobison

Vote for Southern Comfort Maltese Rescue , Chattanooga, TN

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...hallenge.faces
michellerobison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:31 PM   #35 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Sandi, thank you for your beautiful prayer. It soothed my soul and I pray Abby heard every single word.

Hi Janene ~ there were searchers out until 11 last night and we were out again at 3 this morning. There are coyote and fox in the area, so night searches in the woods must be kept to a minimum for our safety. We've also been advised not to approach any area where we think Abby may see as a resting or safe place. If you take away that haven, they are likely to flee to an unfamiliar location . We are doing road patrols during those night hours and we are sitting in our turned off /silent cars keeping sight of certain locations.

Michelle, the fishing net is a wonderful idea. I wonder if the owner has a net she could put in her car? Abby seems to dive into the woods or thick trees to avoid capture - at least that's what we've been told. I wish she'd give us a chance to sight her and chase her down .

Please continue to pray. Our plan for tomorrow is to be still and patient and just let all of the seeds that we have now planted, grow. We have to trust that we've been thorough and thoughtful in our work. Waiting is the worst, but she does seem to come out when we aren't looking for her. Praying the same will be true for tomorrow. We need another sighting location to focus our search area again.

Last edited by Summergirl73; 02-02-2013 at 03:34 PM.
Old 02-02-2013, 04:27 PM   #36 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Terry
Dog's Name: Naddie, Quincy, & ( "Angel Missy" 8/11/94-7/19/05 )

This is just a repeat of post I did in other thread... thought others might have some thoughts/input on this:

I was telling someone about little Abby and the gal asked me if anyone considered an animal communicator? I told her I was certain no... and likely too expensive.

I know Lynn ( Lacie'smom) has posted here that she has consulted with Sonja Fitzpatrick... with quite amazing accurate results. However I believe her fee is $300-
http://www.sonyafitzpatrick.com/personal-readings.shtml

I'm 'on the fence' with this sort of thing... open minded as I've heard of some pretty astounding results.... yet the skeptic in me comes out as well.
However I do think if all else failed.. I'd give it a try.

There's another I never heard of...
http://wagging-tales.com/_index.html

Might not be feaseble financially or even interest due to personal beliefs and I understand that... just tossing it out there.. I'm basically grasping at straws I guess.
Old 02-02-2013, 05:02 PM   #37 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Thanks for the info Terry. I am not sure how the owner feels about this sort of thing, but I will mention it to her .

Old 02-02-2013, 05:12 PM   #38 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Dog's Name: Ivy

It sounds as if a baited live trap in an area where she was recently seen might be a good next step. However, make sure someone there knows how to get a skunk out of a livetrap without getting sprayed before you use one. I can give you details on how if you need to know.
IvysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:25 PM   #39 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Hi, yesterday we set out the baited trap and we've yet to capture anything....not even a skunk . I'll have to make sure to mention to the owners (the only ones allowed near the trap to keep from contaminating the odor with other peoples smells) that they need to research skunk release!

Old 02-02-2013, 05:49 PM   #40 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Dog's Name: Ivy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summergirl73 View Post
Hi, yesterday we set out the baited trap and we've yet to capture anything....not even a skunk . I'll have to make sure to mention to the owners (the only ones allowed near the trap to keep from contaminating the odor with other peoples smells) that they need to research skunk release!

It's really not hard. Skunks are actually quite gentle creatures (I mean, what do they have to fear except cars?!).

Take a bedsheet or blanket, anything big enough for the human to hide behind (and that would get hit by the spray rather than YOU!!) and holding it up so the skunk can't see you s-l-o-w-l-y approach the trap the skunk is in. When you get to the trap slowly reach down and open the release door, then slowly back away keeping the sheet between you and the skunk. They'll wander right out on their own.
IvysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement