My Poor Widdle Dusty - Page 3 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2013, 05:02 PM   #21 (permalink)
TLR
Maltese Guru

Name: Tracey
Dog's Name: Ben

Awwww, poor Dusty...feel better baby boy. Poor mom, having to perform all that surgery is so tiring. Hope you are doing better this afternoon.

Old 02-12-2013, 07:28 PM   #22 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Michelle
Dog's Name: Maisie Rose

My Cody, one the poodles had a dental 5 days ago. He was given an injection for pain, iv antibiotic and went home with Metcam and antibiotics. He had 8 teeth pulled. Other than looking sleepy and tired and some liquid stool "spurtuge" he did fine. He really didn't eat the first night, ? nausea from the anesthesia. The vet called in the am to see how he was doing and told me to give him some scrambled egg with rice and a little chicken stock and he finally ate, slowly but he ate.Didn't need the metcam after 2 days. I gave him chicken and rice that night and I could tell the appetite was back was still eating it gingerly. I think he was trying to figure out how to chew the food with all those teeth gone.
The vet said the shot would last the whole first day for pain and it did.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:08 PM   #23 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Name: Lynn
Dog's Name: Lacie,Tilly,Secret(Ch Angels Top Secret of Khanthav) & Breeze(Ch Angels Heavenly Breeze of Linmont)
Send a message via AIM to Lacie's Mom

Poor wittle Dusty. Lacie didn't want to eat aafter her dental. She had 1 tooth pulled, so I know how hard it is.

Sending prayers and hugs for little Dusty.
Old 02-13-2013, 06:48 AM   #24 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Cathy
Dog's Name: Edgar, Emmet, Mercedes and Whitney

I hope Dusty is feeling better this morning.

Mercedes and Whitney
elly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:43 AM   #25 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Terry
Dog's Name: Naddie, Quincy, & ( "Angel Missy" 8/11/94-7/19/05 )

Praying that Dusty is feeling much better today.... sooo hard isn't it, when they aren't 'themselves"!
Old 02-13-2013, 08:00 AM   #26 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Name: Laura
Dog's Name: Jasper&Dusty; Alvin,Winston&Angel waiting at the Bridge

Thank you everybody for your well wishes. Dusty ate a little dinner, with the meds crushed in it last night and we had a good night. No more whimpering or moaning. He ate this morning, and even tried to scoot Jasper out of the way to get his. No playing, looks at us like we are crazy when we jump and do the play stance, but that is understandable. He just wants to lay still next to someone, Dad-D is taking today's shift since I had to go back to work. He's smacking a lot, like he has peanut butter on the roof of his mouth, and I am guessing that is due to the stitches. I did get a tail wag and a little kissy goodbye this morning.

Jasper isn't completely himself yet either. Done so much updating on Dusty haven't mentioned little Jappa much. The vet said that one tear duct was completely clogged. Couldn't get into it at all and had to use a needle to make the irrigation work. He also said that it could never clog again, or clog up next week. There is a procedure that an optho vet could do (he said he didn't know how to do it so couldn't explain it that well) if it does clog again. Jasper also lost his front bottom four teeth.

I promise you that we do dental care every night, seems I just have two of icky mouthed boys.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:45 AM   #27 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Marti
Dog's Name: Tanner, Frankie, Jamie, Kelsey

Glad to hear Dusty's recovering. Hugs to both boys.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:36 PM   #28 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Lindsay
Dog's Name: Opey (Maltese) & Loco (Basset Hound)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMyBoys View Post
Thank you everybody for your well wishes. Dusty ate a little dinner, with the meds crushed in it last night and we had a good night. No more whimpering or moaning. He ate this morning, and even tried to scoot Jasper out of the way to get his. No playing, looks at us like we are crazy when we jump and do the play stance, but that is understandable. He just wants to lay still next to someone, Dad-D is taking today's shift since I had to go back to work. He's smacking a lot, like he has peanut butter on the roof of his mouth, and I am guessing that is due to the stitches. I did get a tail wag and a little kissy goodbye this morning.

Jasper isn't completely himself yet either. Done so much updating on Dusty haven't mentioned little Jappa much. The vet said that one tear duct was completely clogged. Couldn't get into it at all and had to use a needle to make the irrigation work. He also said that it could never clog again, or clog up next week. There is a procedure that an optho vet could do (he said he didn't know how to do it so couldn't explain it that well) if it does clog again. Jasper also lost his front bottom four teeth.

I promise you that we do dental care every night, seems I just have two of icky mouthed boys.

Oh poor Jasper. I was wondering if they did the tear duct with him. Hoping that this will work for him so he doesn't need to see another doctor. I know you take good care of the boys teeth but it seems this just comes with the breed. Opey will be having his done soon too and I'm afraid he's going to lose some teeth too even though I try my best to keep them brushed. I'm sure the boys will be back to there cute selfs soon. Give my boys lots of love for me!!

Follow the Barking Corner blog:
www.barkingcorner.com

Or on Facebook:
www.facebook.com/BarkingCorner
lmillette is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement