Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

Maltese fell, rolled around uncontrollably, walking funny

12K views 66 replies 29 participants last post by  mdbflorida 
#1 · (Edited)
My brother dropped our poor Maltese a distance of about 3 feet. He looked fine at first and had that normal sad look when he falls a long distance. Then after a little bit he started doing some weird stuff with his back leg, as if he forgot how to walk. It looked like his leg was broken. At this point he was shaking and breathing. I set him on my bed and then he began to roll around uncontrollably. I couldn't stop him and I became scared. He fell on the ground, let out a few loud barks and then proceeded to roll under my bed. He's calmed down now, he's hiding under my bed. He is not responding to his name or coming when I offer treats, just looking around.

I am really scared right now. He has fallen before but I think something bad has happened this time. If anyone knows anything about this please help. Right now he is just sitting under my bed. He does not even look at me when I call his name. Very odd behavior.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.