Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

I think it's Bitsy's time please pray

3K views 22 replies 17 participants last post by  Snowbody 
#1 ·
Bitsy is wobbly and not herself today. She's almost 16 and we go back and forth on "if it's time yet".
She has been loosing weight and thin but her poo and pee looked good and she eats good and when she goes outside , she still runs a bit and bounces around.
She has a few bad mornings.
This morning she hardly ate but drank a lot. No pep left in her step.
Do we chalk it up to a bad morning or do we send her to the bridge.
We love her so much. My little Beezeeboo

She would be with Rylee and her first mate Cody..

We rescued her and Rylee from a horse barn,they were going to be euthanized because they weren't wanted any more.. Rylee lived with us 5.5 years and Bitsy for 7 now..
We couldn't afford to take them in at the time but we fell in love with them and love knows no price..
I know it's the final act of true love, to let them go,.
Teh picture of them on the pink blanket and Al holding them was just after we rescued them,they were such a mess and so sick but they got better and we're my heart babies.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
:smcry: I'm so sorry you are having to make this choice. I understand and I truly wish there were words we could give to guide you. No one knows her and her needs better than you guys though and I know that you will know when it's time. We struggled with this recently too (through Bella's surgery) and unfortunately it's just one of those things that comes to your heart and you know you have to do it. Please know that we will be praying for you guys. Give her kisses from us.

#3 ·
Oh Michelle I am so sorry to hear about Bitsy. She was our secret santa one year and we loved shopping for her. I think you and Al will know when it's time. My parents just had to let there baby go last week and it's always a hard decision. Sending prayers for you all.

#4 ·
Sending loving prayers for you as you struggle to know what is best for your girl. It is so hard to see them suffer but difficult to let them go. We have to think about what is best for them and swallow our pain of release----may God give you loving wisdom.
You have given her (and all of your babies) so much love, I know you won't withhold it when she needs it most----you will find the courage when the time is perfect.
With much love to both you & Al, Michelle.

#6 ·
I'm so sorry you have to go through this Michelle, it's so hard. Of course you don't want them to suffer at all. It does sound like she is having some good days too and able to eat. But only you know how she is feeling for sure. I'll say some prayers that she has more good days and doesn't feel any discomfort.

#7 ·
My heart goes out to you and your dear husband. What a wonderful thing you have done for this little girl and her companion, taking them into your home and your heart after they had such a sad life. I hope you have some more time with her, but whatever and whenever you decide, it's clear that it will be a decision made in love. I hope your happy memories are the ones that will remain the strongest. :grouphug:

#9 ·
I am so sorry, Michelle. You will know the right time. You and Al have given her a lot of love in return she's giving you love. She's a little angel . She has brought a lot of happiness into your life . Just look at Al's face when he holds her. Lots of hugs.

#10 ·
Vet adjusted her back with the trigger thingy, Sasha's too..She's acting a little better and she ate a little and drank.. Vet said she might have drank more because she was in pain and panting..He said she has a little time yet,but she's almost 16 so she's had a good long run.. Considering the shape she and Rylee were in when I got them,he's surprised she made it this long..If she makes it to Christmas it would be a miracle..

#13 ·
Oh man....what an awful place to be in :unsure: ...brings back my memories from earlier this year (with Archie).

It's so hard to "know when it's time" ...like everyone says...I think you just sort of make that decision when you just don't have the heart to see them suffer anymore. At first I had made an appointment for Arch with the option to cancel. He only got worse and I kept that appointment...

I wish you comfort and a "guilt free" decision to do what ever is best for Bitsy.
There's nothing easy about it.

#15 ·
Hugs and prayers, Michelle, to you and Bitsy and your family.
It's one of the hardest decisions we will ever have to make.
I'm sorry she is feeling down but, Wow! What a long wonderful life you have given her. I know a hundred years is not enough, but I know you have shown her True Love.
May you still have many "good days" with her.
Hugs and kisses from Me and Pooh :wub:

#16 ·
Just checking in on you, Al & Bitsy---people say you "will know" and I hope in your case this is true---for me it has only been true 2 times (I have had a lot of dogs over the years). I think sometimes it is just too hard and we don't want to go there, but that is--maybe---just me. Sending loving prayers for your girl Michelle & wishing for you that she will surpass Christmas by a long shot. xoxo

#18 ·
Vet adjusted her back with the trigger thingy and gave her some steroids, he's got her comfortable again, so we have time yet....She's acting better, but he says her time is coming, breathing is really shallow.. She's eating in smaller amounts so I'm feeding her frequently through the day instead of twice a day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.